Notices

HORRIBLE AAC experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down HORRIBLE AAC experience

let me start off by saying NO ONE EVER DEAL WITH ADVANCED AUTOMOTIVE CONCEPTS (AAC)!! my experience started when i sent them my headlights and ($400) back in march to have them install halos, clear signals, and wetsand my lenses. After driving around without headlights for 2-3 weeks i got them back (after i was told it would take 1 week) and this is what they looked like: https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=12

So i hassled them to fix the clearcoat webbing/cracking and sent my lights back a couple days later costing me another $50 they didnt refund me. So while i was at it i had them paint my housings black (another $140) to cover up the ugly halo install job they did the first time. That is the only thing they did ok on. And just ok.

This time, a month goes by of dodged phone calls, emails, etc..I finally get on the phone with mike and he tells me my lenses are unrepairable and was going to speak with justin about what to do now. Of course justin didnt want to help me out and either did mike so he now tells me he's going to fix them???? WTF kind of BS is that? So mike clearly tells me that the lenses will be clear, unhazey, not webbed, yadda yadda. Ended up being about 5 weeks till i got them back the second time!! you can see the dates posted in this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/lighting/148019-aacstyle-halo-demon-eyes-angel-eye-kit.html

The results this time were just as despressing as the first time. My passenger headlight lense came out a little better but my driverside is just ruined. Whats funny is how they try blaming this on me??? I paid them to make my headlights look better not worse...and there werent even that bad to begin with. AAC obviouslly ****ED up this time and wont suck it up. So ive taken my route of actions and it aint over yet! Here are the photos of my driverside headlight. I cant believe they had the nerve to send them to me looking like this...can u?

HORRIBLE AAC experience-img_0005.jpg

HORRIBLE AAC experience-img_0006.jpg

HORRIBLE AAC experience-img_0007.jpg

HORRIBLE AAC experience-img_0011.jpg

HORRIBLE AAC experience-img_0015.jpg

Old 06-28-2007, 12:54 PM
and another thing is the ccfl's are upside down. they are supossed to end at the bottom not top

Old 06-28-2007, 12:56 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that's garbage for what they charge. they should replace them, but their reputation on here isn't getting any better.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:06 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow those aren't really usable. i bet the visibility at night sucks

Old 06-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Was the cracking/hazing a result of something they did? Or was it something that was there and they failed to fix?

Old 06-28-2007, 01:08 PM
the output isnt really too bad its more of how they look.

and no that cracking if from the clearcoat they did after the wetsand =/

Old 06-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Maybe a little research would have saved you the trouble, its not the first time, or even the second time they screwed up a set of g35 lights on this board. I thought everyone knew not to send their lights to them

Old 06-28-2007, 01:17 PM
i did do a lil research and they seemed like a pretty reputable company at the time. ive seen a lot of their work and had high expectations =/ there isnt really another company out there doing this kind of stuff besides people in their garage.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow that's childish, and those headlights look like someone took a shyt on them. Did you email them the pictures? They're probably just going to ignore you all together... did you pay with your credit card? If yes... I would file a complaint with your CC company and try to get the money back. You paid for something you didn't receive... you should be able to get the money back.

For your headlight modification needs... contact me, I have good rep here.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by chobble19
i did do a lil research and they seemed like a pretty reputable company at the time. ive seen a lot of their work and had high expectations =/ there isnt really another company out there doing this kind of stuff besides people in their garage.
How do you know their work isn't done in a garage... I can go and open up a site advertising my headlight work, and people will think I'm a company... which I'm not, and all my work is done from my house or a body shop when it comes to painting.

PS. People who work out of a garage/home, usually end up having the better product, because they care what their customers think... a "company" like ACC, obviously doesn't care.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats terrible

Old 06-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Small claims court is where you need to settle this, the credit card company can only get you your money back for the installation etc, but you'll still be out a set of headlights

Old 06-28-2007, 01:30 PM
yes i remember talkin with u on aim a few times...

Originally Posted by X-Vert
How do you know their work isn't done in a garage... I can go and open up a site advertising my headlight work, and people will think I'm a company... which I'm not, and all my work is done from my house or a body shop when it comes to painting.

PS. People who work out of a garage/home, usually end up having the better product, because they care what their customers think... a "company" like ACC, obviously doesn't care.
you are telling this to someone who does most his work in the garage as well but were not talking about engine parts here. as for them working in a garge i have no idea, but i would much rather send my lights to an extablished business than to a private party....for instantce making it possible to file a claim with the BBB. what kind of warranty to u provide? got me? i did look around numerous forums (lexus, bmw, etc..) for feedback on aac and they seemed very legit matter of fact...little did i know how they could give 2 shyts about anything they worked on. either way i wil be satisfied when the new lenses are on =] i just want to make sure no one has to go through what i did.

Last edited by chobble19; 06-28-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:34 PM
wow theres a LOT of people viewing this thread...im glad!

Old 06-28-2007, 01:34 PM
The best headlight modders on this board work out of a garage/basement, IvoryGT and Caskyline, they don't own "companies"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HORRIBLE AAC experience