Notices

where is the fuse for the clear corners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
where is the fuse for the clear corners?

i checked the boxes under the hood and under the steering wheel but it didn't look like it was there...any help locating this fuse????

Old 11-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is definitely under the hood. You have to take off the plastic shroud that covers the battery. I know it is under there because when I was installing my LED clear corners I had a probe tip slip and short the contacts and that's where the fuse was. If you have no taillights, then you definitely blew that fuse.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i didn't look to see whether or not my tails are out, but i definately lost the lighting on the radio as well...i just realized that there are two fuse boxes under the hood, so i still need to check the other one thats behind the battery

Old 11-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did a write up on this, let me dig it up...

edit: here ya go! good luck
https://g35driver.com/forums/lighting/151433-side-marker-fuse-blown.html

Last edited by kyazh; 11-08-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kyazh, thank you for posting this information. It will help me with finding the blown fuses for the rear tailights, sidemarkers, and interior dash lights.

It sounds like a PITA that you have to take out the battery just to change these fuses!

Old 01-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NivlekGT
Kyazh, thank you for posting this information. It will help me with finding the blown fuses for the rear tailights, sidemarkers, and interior dash lights.

It sounds like a PITA that you have to take out the battery just to change these fuses!
You don't have to take out the battery, just the plastic shroud surrounding the battery.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey let me know if you find the culprit... I noticed my corners are out but the tails, radio, dash and everything else is fine, so I'm not sure if it's the fuse.

Kyazh, thanks for the pictures and the write up, it'll make things easier if I have to replace the fuse

Old 01-18-2008, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nin9919
hey let me know if you find the culprit... I noticed my corners are out but the tails, radio, dash and everything else is fine, so I'm not sure if it's the fuse.

Kyazh, thanks for the pictures and the write up, it'll make things easier if I have to replace the fuse

nin9919, I found the culprit and it is the first 10A fuse that is behind the battery. You don't need to remove the battery, you just need to remove the plastic shroud. It is real easy... It took me just a few minutes. After I replaced the fuse, my clear corners, interior, and rear lights worked perfectly.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I checked the fuses today, and the left side was still out. I popped the left corner out and there was water in the black tube that covers the wiring that goes to the lamp socket. I have no idea how it got in there since these are original orange OEM corners. I took the socket apart and tried to air it out, tried a new bulb, but it still doesn't work. I think i need a new socket.

nin9919, I found the culprit and it is the first 10A fuse that is behind the battery. You don't need to remove the battery, you just need to remove the plastic shroud. It is real easy... It took me just a few minutes. After I replaced the fuse, my clear corners, interior, and rear lights worked perfectly.