Notices

Lamp Replacement Guide

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Going to change the interior lights soon! THanks

Old 07-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by UR2EZ
03-04 Sedan lamp replacement guide:

http://www.autotalk.com/how-to/infin...ion-guide.html
Not found, any other sources?

Old 07-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to change the small bulbs in the fog light housings that turns on with the parking lights. Anyone have any idea which ones those are?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Hey you guys I am really new to this website and any help form you guys would be greatly appricated. I just recently got my G35 and noticed that one of the little lights strips next to my head light has gone out. I wanted to replace them both with nicer lights as the current working one has like a little yellow tint to it. How do I replace them and how do I make it so that it isn't that nasty yellow? Thank you all in advance for your help

Old 08-17-2009, 01:05 PM
is it legal or illegal to replace the yellow bulb to a white bulb (or whiteish light) behind the clear corners ?
what does the law saw about the turn signal light colours?
curious.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CT DMV requires just that they are amber or white. You have to check with your own MV dept in MA. I suspect it's the same, I checked with CT DMV before I went to front clear sides with amber bulbs, and technically I could have used clear sides with "white" bulbs. I didn't; I used amber bulbs and clear lenses. IMHO other people are not expecting to see "white" bulbs - they're expecting to see amber for the most part.
PARKING LAMPS - Parking lights are required on each side of the vehicle on both the front and rear and shall be non-flashing. Front may be white or amber and rear must be red.

TURN SIGNAL LAMPS "Front may be amber or white and rear may be amber or red."

Just search on "MA dmv turn signal color" and your first page hits will probably cite the regs, it's a really common question.

Just my preference to use the amber bulb. It's not like during the daytime you can really see the bulb anyway when it's turned off.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by airhead888
I want to change the small bulbs in the fog light housings that turns on with the parking lights. Anyone have any idea which ones those are?
194/168 (same thing)

Old 08-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by 5659tk
Hey you guys I am really new to this website and any help form you guys would be greatly appricated. I just recently got my G35 and noticed that one of the little lights strips next to my head light has gone out. I wanted to replace them both with nicer lights as the current working one has like a little yellow tint to it. How do I replace them and how do I make it so that it isn't that nasty yellow? Thank you all in advance for your help
also a 194/168 bulb

Old 08-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Calvin
also a 194/168 bulb
You're talking about the bulbs in this strip next to the headlight, too? Mine are currently out on one side, what a PITA is looks like to get at that slash strip, too.

NICE avatar, btw

Old 08-22-2009, 05:34 AM
I'm planning on getting projectors but are the front turn signals still orange? if so what bulbs can I get for them to be white? Also do the turn signals stay on (non blinking) when the regular lights are on like the do with 2003-05 headlights? thanks

Old 08-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by SteveZ
You're talking about the bulbs in this strip next to the headlight, too? Mine are currently out on one side, what a PITA is looks like to get at that slash strip, too.

NICE avatar, btw
Yes, that bulb is a 194/168. And thanks, I went to high school with her.

Originally Posted by Yosef
I'm planning on getting projectors but are the front turn signals still orange? if so what bulbs can I get for them to be white? Also do the turn signals stay on (non blinking) when the regular lights are on like the do with 2003-05 headlights? thanks
03-05 headlights have amber lenses and clear bulbs. 06-07 headlights have clear lenses and amber bulbs. The turn signals in the 06-07 headlights do NOT serve as parking lights as they did in previous year headlights. They only blink. I have yet to find a pure white turn signal bulb. I had PIAAs and they were ok, but not pure white.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by Calvin
03-05 headlights have amber lenses and clear bulbs. 06-07 headlights have clear lenses and amber bulbs. The turn signals in the 06-07 headlights do NOT serve as parking lights as they did in previous year headlights. They only blink. I have yet to find a pure white turn signal bulb. I had PIAAs and they were ok, but not pure white.
Thanks, i guess i'll just wait until i find some pure white turn signals.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I c here that the 7443 are dual filament and are for the rear and front signal lights. But the rear didnt stay on in parking lights mode like the front amber one. According to this, the rear signal light should be on in the parking light mode and blink in signal mode right? just like the front. I have a G35 03 Coupe and the rear signal light only turns on for signals, not for parking.

My questions are...

Is this a mistake in the thread or are my G "both" rear signal filaments of the bulbs working and both "parking filaments" are damage ?I didnt c any G with the rear signal lights on while in parking??? So this should be a mistake.

Taking in mind this.. Technically, the front plug of the HD signals will fit in the rear Tail light signal hole, so if the stated above is right ( the rear signal didnt stay on while in parking) I can mod the rear tail light signal to stay on only installing a front bulb plug of the HD signal and wiring it to make both filaments work?

Last edited by zpeedray; 08-23-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:58 AM
Hey I have a question.

Is this how a 04 headlamp is supposed to be when it is set on AUTO at night? As you can tell also my strip bulb is out (I didn't notice until just today) so I'm going to be replacing that. The light under the one that is on, is a very yellowish one. I'm wondering if everything is installed correctly as the dealer I bought this car from really installed some things incorrectly..

http://img245.imageshack.us/i/sdc10540.jpg/

TIA

Old 10-09-2009, 06:14 AM
Pretty much, you should have low beams plus running lights - exactly the same thing as if you manually turned the switch to headlights on low beam, no fogs. Well, except like my car, your side strip light is out on at least one side. I still need to do mine, too!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Lamp Replacement Guide