Notices

Water In My Headlight =( Please Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Water In My Headlight =( Please Help!

Ok...so yesterday we spent the day black housing my headlights. And for those of you who have done this...you know just how tedious and time-consuming this task is =\ so the headlights turned out GREAT and I was really happy with them until.......I noticed moisture in my passenger headlight about an hour later! It wasn't raining last night so I'm not too sure as to where the water even came from. But basically...I was just wondering as to what would be the best and least time-consuming fix for this problem. Sorry for my "newbieness" but I appreciate all input and suggestions. Thanks so much!!

-Kristina

Old 01-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it sounds like when you put the headlight back together it didn't seal, i would take them apart again and add some sealant all around and close them pack up

Old 01-13-2008, 12:06 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
You may have a condensation issue, where the air inside the headlight has more moisture suspended in it. Once the temperature cools down, the gas form of water becomes liquid. Try drying out the inside air of the headlight and then resealing it. You can open up one of the back bulb covers of the light and drive around with it open for awhile. The heat from the engine should dry out the air. Then put the cover back on while it's still hot in the engine compartment. It worked for me in the past, and you may avoid having to open up the entire light again.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by E_K
You may have a condensation issue, where the air inside the headlight has more moisture suspended in it. Once the temperature cools down, the gas form of water becomes liquid. Try drying out the inside air of the headlight and then resealing it. You can open up one of the back bulb covers of the light and drive around with it open for awhile. The heat from the engine should dry out the air. Then put the cover back on while it's still hot in the engine compartment. It worked for me in the past, and you may avoid having to open up the entire light again.
The only bulb cover that I can see looks like the gas tank cover and it appears to go behind the projector. I just wanted to make sure I was taking off the right thing before I did it because it doesn't seem like much air would be able to pass thru there. But as soon as u get back to me I'll get crackin on it. Thanks again!

Old 01-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by speshalKsG35
The only bulb cover that I can see looks like the gas tank cover and it appears to go behind the projector. I just wanted to make sure I was taking off the right thing before I did it because it doesn't seem like much air would be able to pass thru there. But as soon as u get back to me I'll get crackin on it. Thanks again!
yes, thats what he's talking about

Old 01-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ha ha ... well so the other day my passenger headlight goes out... take it to la stealership n what do they say? looks like a rock chip hit the headlight assembly... this is causing moisture in your light... we are gonna have to order one to replace it and charge you for labor cus its not under warranty!!! ok... so how much is that? 1100$.... I started laughing at the dude over the phone ... told him not to touch my lights n ordered 06 projectors from Tony for 550... silly dealerships....

Old 01-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I doubt a rock chip cause the moisture

Old 01-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by shabarivas
Ha ha ... well so the other day my passenger headlight goes out... take it to la stealership n what do they say? looks like a rock chip hit the headlight assembly... this is causing moisture in your light... we are gonna have to order one to replace it and charge you for labor cus its not under warranty!!! ok... so how much is that? 1100$.... I started laughing at the dude over the phone ... told him not to touch my lights n ordered 06 projectors from Tony for 550... silly dealerships....
Haha yeah that's ridiculous! Well thanks to everyone for the advice...I just hope this works cuz taking off the headlight and bumper is such a biatch!!

Old 01-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by speshalKsG35
Haha yeah that's ridiculous! Well thanks to everyone for the advice...I just hope this works cuz taking off the headlight and bumper is such a biatch!!
After you do it 4-5 times, it becomes easy. haha...