Old 01-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did you get these leds?

Old 01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dranom
hahaha! nice bro!
what time is it in guam when your doing this? talk about mod bug!
man!..i started at 7ish...and ended at almost midnight! haha...all i kept thinking was that i shouldve started on saturday...during the day too! haha...when you opened up your headlights, was there a smell? like a chemical smell? my face had to almost kiss them headlights when putting back the city lights! LOl!

Old 01-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by G3.5-Unit
Where did you get these leds?

ijdmtoy.com....about 30 bucks for the map lights, door/step and the city. i bought a pair on island a couple months back for my plates...we'll see how long these last.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Guam671
man!..i started at 7ish...and ended at almost midnight! haha...all i kept thinking was that i shouldve started on saturday...during the day too! haha...when you opened up your headlights, was there a smell? like a chemical smell? my face had to almost kiss them headlights when putting back the city lights! LOl!
no smell when i opened mine. why the heck you smelling your headlights?

Old 01-20-2009, 04:01 PM
^HA! it was easier to put it in the hole!...i swear..i've never had that problem before! hahaha....

Old 01-21-2009, 02:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for the door lights,,,what i did was use an allen wrench(the long L shape) to plug the housing back in...use the wrench & place the short end behind the connector & push the housing toward the connector until it snaps in....

for your headlights when changing your lights,,,i got a question....

you have a coupe? i have a sedan, do you think i can do it the same way or do i have to remove the bumper?

thanks again & sorry for the late response to your door lights.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Nice Bro.

I've had my LED's for my parking lights and 8000K HID bulbs sitting in my desk for months now. Too lazy to get the front wheels off and change them out.

BTW, how the heck did that happen to your seat? Did you condition them regularly?

Old 01-22-2009, 04:20 AM
Originally Posted by tite_tite
for the door lights,,,what i did was use an allen wrench(the long L shape) to plug the housing back in...use the wrench & place the short end behind the connector & push the housing toward the connector until it snaps in....

for your headlights when changing your lights,,,i got a question....

you have a coupe? i have a sedan, do you think i can do it the same way or do i have to remove the bumper?

thanks again & sorry for the late response to your door lights.
for the doors i pulled the wires down a bit and left one finger in there to hold it while i plugged the housing in! haha...

i have a coupe...i dont even know how to take my bumper off and i tried initially by turning my tire and trying to work with that space but got frustrated and removed my tire...i'll check on the other threads if it's the same for a sedan...

don't worry bout the late response...all good!!

Old 01-22-2009, 04:23 AM
Originally Posted by myk1013
Nice Bro.

I've had my LED's for my parking lights and 8000K HID bulbs sitting in my desk for months now. Too lazy to get the front wheels off and change them out.

BTW, how the heck did that happen to your seat? Did you condition them regularly?
thanks maaan!

where's you get your 8k's?

there's a defect for the seat there..plus im lazy to clean my car...i've conditioned them twice before with stuff i've ordered from a vendor here...man...i need to clean my car too! been busy over the weekends so just need to find time!

Old 02-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Hey good job on the LEDs def makes the car alot sexier at night haha but I have a question about the door/step lights, I tried changing mine but the clear casing doesn't come down far enough that I can reach the bulb... are you suppose to just pull on it?

Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
i'm about to do the light in the door and looks like to me it's gonna be a pain in the butt... I have not done the parking lights yet.. from the looks of it it's looks like that will be a pain in the butt as well.. Is it a bulb for the parking lights or a wedge ?

I just work out in the parking lot and did the doors.. 10 minutes top...

Last edited by broke_as_ajoke; 02-05-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Kamusta Dranom and Guam671,

bro im gonna need all the help i can get if thats ok lang sainyo pls. hehe

im on the journey replacing my lights aswell. just the Dome lights and the Door lights underneath the door. Guam, did you say earlier on the thread that your reading someones DIY? im just wondering if you can forward me a link for that DIY. perhaps i can start reading that.. by the sound of it.. you broke a little sweat doing this stuff! hehe

Im a pinoy din pala from Sydney Australia, i bought my first car which is the 2003 V35 Nissan Skyline Coupe couple of months ago, got it imported as they do not sell this cars here or the Infinitis as i wanted a different ride & nice cruising car. so found this. very clean and hardly used Coupe. =)

Anyway thanks in advance kapatids! add ko kayo sa friend list ko if thats okay. Peace

Old 02-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by MrPooN
Hey good job on the LEDs def makes the car alot sexier at night haha but I have a question about the door/step lights, I tried changing mine but the clear casing doesn't come down far enough that I can reach the bulb... are you suppose to just pull on it?
Thanks man!

I used a small thin flathead screwdriver to disconnect the wire from the clear casing...there isn't a lot of slack on the wiring, so don't pull too hard. Taking it off is the easy part. Reconnecting the casing, with the new bulb in it, to the wire is a bit of a pain. Good luck and....don't pull too hard! let me know how it goes...if you're stuck i'll pull mine out again and take more pics!

Old 02-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by broke_as_ajoke
i'm about to do the light in the door and looks like to me it's gonna be a pain in the butt... I have not done the parking lights yet.. from the looks of it it's looks like that will be a pain in the butt as well.. Is it a bulb for the parking lights or a wedge ?

I just work out in the parking lot and did the doors.. 10 minutes top...
not too bad huh! Dranom helped out while i was doing it...

the bulb in for the city/parking light is the same as the bulb for the license plate...

Old 02-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Ogz007
Kamusta Dranom and Guam671,

bro im gonna need all the help i can get if thats ok lang sainyo pls. hehe

im on the journey replacing my lights aswell. just the Dome lights and the Door lights underneath the door. Guam, did you say earlier on the thread that your reading someones DIY? im just wondering if you can forward me a link for that DIY. perhaps i can start reading that.. by the sound of it.. you broke a little sweat doing this stuff! hehe

Im a pinoy din pala from Sydney Australia, i bought my first car which is the 2003 V35 Nissan Skyline Coupe couple of months ago, got it imported as they do not sell this cars here or the Infinitis as i wanted a different ride & nice cruising car. so found this. very clean and hardly used Coupe. =)

Anyway thanks in advance kapatids! add ko kayo sa friend list ko if thats okay. Peace
kamusta ogz007!

it's a great mod and pretty easy "mod" to the G! hehe...The dome lights should take no more than 1 minute for both lights...all you need is a thin small flathead screwdriver...

here's a link to the DIY i used...He did not take his tire out to get to the headlight housing but I tried this and needed more room. Hopefully you can get to it easier than i did.

https://g35driver.com/forums/lightin...hid-bulbs.html

Wow! you got a legit Skyline! hehe...make sure to share the pics of your ride!!! Just let me know if you have any questions and i'll try to help as much as i can!!

Added!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Step/Door lights to LED