Notices

demon eye halo question....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
demon eye halo question....

so I REALLY want to get this halo kit http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...ROD&ProdID=70#

But I am a little unclear on a few aspects of the product. I currentlly have the '07 projectors, and I wanted to know if the halo ring goes arround the projector bulb, or does it replace it? If it replaces the upper projector bulb then would these be considered a "downgrade" in terms of how much illumination these products will give off while driving? also, if the ring goes arround the projector bulb than will it looks stupid because the 2 bulbs will contrast in color and luminesence? and lastly, is there a way to turn off the projector bulbs but keep the halo's turned on like in the picture "if" they just go arround the projector?

sorry for the probablly apparent questions but I was a little unsure. This kit looks SOOOO hot, but I dont wanna downgrade my already good HIDs if this kit isnt worth it. what do you guys think?

Old 03-12-2009, 12:00 AM
These arent lights, they are as you mentioned halo rings that go outside the projector shroud. They are usually come with a switch so you can turn them off an on whenever you want to. They are not light bulbs, they are CCFL rings.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:05 AM
ok, so I would imagine that when my car is turned "on" (like 1 click with the key) but the engine isnt on, the rings will be on but not the lights. This sounds good, BUT lets say at night when I AM driving with my projectors on, will the contrast in color and luminesence from my headlights to the rings be too much of a difference to look bad?
what temp are the stock projectors? 6k? I was thinking of getting 8-10k halo rings to give a strong bluish glow with a bit of white, but I dont wan that to be to large of a jump from the stock lights to look bad while both are turned on. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks

Old 03-12-2009, 12:22 AM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock temp is 4300K. I haven't seen them in person, but i'm guessing when you turn on your headlights that they would be way brighter than the halos that you wouldn't even see the halo rings.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:33 AM
ok cool thanx. yeah Im sure that you wont. I might just get them and wire an on / off switch into the cabin just so I can flip em off while my headlamps are turned on just incase.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what about for a 04 infiniti g35 coupe. when i first turn on the car the lights look kinda blue but then they get white?? i want them to stay blue but im a little confused(sorry im new..), do i need to get a new kit or do i just need to get bulbs?? thanks n please help!!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 06:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phoenixg35drive
what about for a 04 infiniti g35 coupe. when i first turn on the car the lights look kinda blue but then they get white?? i want them to stay blue but im a little confused(sorry im new..), do i need to get a new kit or do i just need to get bulbs?? thanks n please help!!!!
Those are just your bulbs warming up, if you want them to stay blue change your head lights, like he said ^^ stock is 4300k, look for 6000k or 8000k depending on how blue

Old 03-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
most people wire them into the parking lights so the come on with your corner lights and taillights...if you do this YES they will stay on when you turn on the headlights

with headlights on the top ring is barely visible depending on what color ring and what temp your headlight bulbs are

matching ccfl's in the clear corners

Old 03-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Best way to wire them is off a relay, powered by direct battery and triggered by ignition This is so they don't flash with parking light and wear out the inverter. Also the parking light system is not always a good power source and can cause premature failure of the inverters.

I have these on my car and have installed many sets.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:51 AM
great thank you for sharing your knowledge! Appreciate it