Notices

HIDs in Fogs causing Eyelids - solution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HIDs in Fogs causing Eyelids - solution

ive read that others have had this problem of "eyelids" showing up when having Hids in their fogs so i thought i would make a thread on how i fixed it

before that, i want to state, i did take off the High beam on one of the hids and this did not resolve the problem of the eyelids. so a buddy of mine let me exchange the hid (with no high attached) with another hid that has the high bulb still attached. so basically i was back at square one with a pair of Hi/Low Hids

(i did all that^^ because i read in a thread that regular hids with no high bulb did not cause the eyelids in the fog)

anyway! for the good stuff! i found out that aiming the hids more towards the sky, will in the end make the eyelids aim lower.

so what i did at first was took out the hids, and simply attached a screw to the top prong (of the three) which in the end makes the hid tilt higher - which then makes the eyelids aim lower, blending into the low beams. so now i have my clean low beam line again . in the pictures below you will see a metal piece over the screw and that is simply a picture frame wall holder that i bent over the screw to make the hid end up tilting even further back

heres a before picture with the high V light/eyelids (hid fogs blinding anything in front of me)

and i dont have an after picture, but just imagine a clean stock horizontal line of light

here's my solution to aiming the hid fog eyelids lower into the low beams until they disappeared (or basically add/superglue anything to the top prong that can withstand high temperatures - making the hid tilt upwards)

hope this helps!

Old 12-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Awsome! Cant wait to try it....DId you take off the bulb shield completely?

Old 12-28-2010, 07:12 PM
That bulb looks alot different than the Hi/Lo bulb I have. You got yours from DDM Tuning? 35W hi/lo bulb...(mines 3k). Yours looks fatter and shorter.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
any wall pics? With the Highs on and off?

Old 12-29-2010, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by lowerd4lyfe
Awsome! Cant wait to try it....DId you take off the bulb shield completely?
yes I did try taking off the bulb shield completely and I still had a V shaped light similar to my pic posted

and I will post up a picture of my high/low soon!

Old 12-29-2010, 07:32 AM
and as for the type of Hids, I have not a clue
but regardless of your bulb type, you should try tilting it up or even try down (because your bulb is different) until your eyelids go away. then simply add to the prongs --but not too much to where the 2 medal bracket clips can no longer lock in the Hids into place

Old 01-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Under Construction
i know this might be off topic but how did you install the hid kit into the fog system? i have a kit with the correct bulb size and everything but i dont think it plug and play i think I might have to do some splicing... can anyone help me out?