JDM LED headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"China Domestic Market"?

Old 01-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yea.. They are def NOT JDM.. I actually have these in the black housing and can tell you that the quality is actually top notch..

I find it funny that everyone has talked trash about them but at every meet I go to and the one larger car show I went to a couple months ago I got nothing but compliments and people asking where I got them...

Old 01-11-2011, 03:16 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by RiversideS13
"China Domestic Market"?
I was kidding lol

Originally Posted by Platelock
Yea.. They are def NOT JDM.. I actually have these in the black housing and can tell you that the quality is actually top notch..

I find it funny that everyone has talked trash about them but at every meet I go to and the one larger car show I went to a couple months ago I got nothing but compliments and people asking where I got them...
Everyone always says that when people on this forum say something is ugly. "oh well i was at a show and lot of people liked them"

Great, I am glad you like them but that is opinion. If I were to see your car at a show, I would tell you what I think of the lights.

Love 'em or hate 'em, I think they are way to busy for the clean lines of a G35. So I will go a head and say they are the ugliest lights for Gs.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:18 AM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
I was kidding lol

Everyone always says that when people on this forum say something is ugly. "oh well i was at a show and lot of people liked them"

Great, I am glad you like them but that is opinion. If I were to see your car at a show, I would tell you what I think of the lights.

Love 'em or hate 'em, I think they are way to busy for the clean lines of a G35. So I will go a head and say they are the ugliest lights for Gs.
I totally respect your opinion.. But I have gotten nothing but compliments on them in person.. No reason to be hostile man.. I am just stating fact

Old 01-11-2011, 03:35 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
^^ You also have them in black on your black car, which makes it flow a lot better.

I remember seeing them in person and I was on the fence if I had liked them or not. Well I will admit that they do look pretty good on you car, I just feel that they will not flow on mine at all, or any color other then OB.

I also recall saying that I still believe that they are a bit too busy for my tastes, but these are a decent alternative for those that don't want to buy 06-07 projectors and want something different.

I have yet to see someone with the chrome ones installed. I'm eager to see what those look like.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
^^ You also have them in black on your black car, which makes it flow a lot better.

I remember seeing them in person and I was on the fence if I had liked them or not. Well I will admit that they do look pretty good on you car, I just feel that they will not flow on mine at all, or any color other then OB.

I also recall saying that I still believe that they are a bit too busy for my tastes, but these are a decent alternative for those that don't want to buy 06-07 projectors and want something different.

I have yet to see someone with the chrome ones installed. I'm eager to see what those look like.
Yea for sure bud.. I wasn't directing anything at you at all. The only reason I picked these headlights up was because Chris (G35man04) had bought them as fillers and he gave me a decent price on them.. I was on the fence as well but like you said, they flow really well on my car and I couldn't be happier.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:58 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
^^ I didn't take it that you were directing anything to me, just stating what I thought of them is all.

No harm done bro, we're cool.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I think for $400, you're better of opening up your own 03-05 lights and adding your own projectors.

Either from the retrofit store or if you have to have halos, then:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

And adding a strip of LEDs to the clearance strip can't be tough:

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...ncestrips.aspx

And then just paint 'em yourself! It'll look better and won't be so aftermarket-ish.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:21 PM
I agree with what everyone said. The lights ARE a little too busy and I only like the LED strip down the sides. I will just hold onto the 06/07 projectors for now until I see chrome ones installed on a G. My car is an 04 IP so black headlights wouldn't look that great on it. One other question, do the high beams function as bixenons like the 06/07 projectors? Or does the high beam work with the foglights at the bottom? Thanks for the opinions and thoughts guys.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
black headlights look great on an IP G

here are member JOKER lights: semi gloss housing, aluminum silver bezel, and plate in front of the projector was left original color ( graphite it looks like)

Kuneff's IP color matched headlights, imho they look great

Old 01-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you do blacked out headlights, you gotta complete it with a complete black out with rims, grill, emblems, tints etc. or else it won't match your car.

But, DAMN color matched looks nice.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Oh_Really
If you do blacked out headlights, you gotta complete it with a complete black out with rims, grill, emblems, tints etc. or else it won't match your car.

But, DAMN color matched looks nice.
black grill and headlights will look fine, if he blacks out the headlights, grill, clear corners, roof, wheels and emblems it will be way too much contrast

black headlights and grill will look great with out over doing it

Old 01-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my car with blacked out grill (emblemless), roof, wheels, but not headlights. I think stock headlights look nice on IP with with clear corners. Luckily we don't have that ugly orange reflector in our headlights like my TL did. Had to bake that **** to take it out.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
All these headlights always look good but all the light output through these "projectors" is horrible. My friend has some on his accord and it's worse than stock halogen bulbs.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:40 PM
I am gonna stick with the 06 projectors I already have on my car. Light output is the most important feature and the 06 projectors do a great job with that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JDM LED headlights