Notices

Headlight upgrade help me decide which to go with?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2011 | 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Realtor
Yeah I do like OEM look, just thought it would be different to have the ebay lights with the side bulbs(like an Audi) and the halo lights (BMW) you guys thing it is too much? Looks cheap or cool?

Thanks for the input guys and gals

Just want to replace my headlights since I have noticed some cracks in the housing so its time to replace them....
That's the thing as well.. Is your car an Audi? A BMW?

The only time you see halo lights on a non BMW is when a Civic drives by (I've even seen a number of large trucks with halo's around here..). Just because your car is nicer then a civic doesn't mean the BMW halo rip-off's are cooler.

Old 06-09-2011 | 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Tabris
That's the thing as well.. Is your car an Audi? A BMW?

The only time you see halo lights on a non BMW is when a Civic drives by (I've even seen a number of large trucks with halo's around here..). Just because your car is nicer then a civic doesn't mean the BMW halo rip-off's are cooler.
Thats funny, cause projectors first started in an Audi concept car and first used in a bmw...

So if you wanna be like that, all you guys suggesting projectors are RICE!!!!!! RICE BRO! Cause last time I checked, Is your car an Audi? A BMW?

Old 06-09-2011 | 08:51 PM
Do whatever you feel is going to suite you best - Beware of the quality on ebay lights or any aftermarket lights for that matter. Personally, I have been using the projectors you have pictured ; purchased through strafe on this forum, but without the halo wired up and I get nothing but compliments in person and i'm very happy with the light output on them. I know they aren't very well liked on the forums but I like them and to me thats all that matters.

Old 06-09-2011 | 10:33 PM
|
Heckrat

Do you happen to have a better picture of the marker lights? I wanted to see how the Led looks on the edges at night? If you have any pictures of your headlights that would be grat

I know OEMs are good, but I remember almost buying a set of 2006 and they had issues with water intrusion! Would get water inside and soak the ballast! I ended up not buying them because of this. I was going to swap my 2003 lights and cash for his 2006 OEM lights.
Yes it does not rain that often in AZ, but the day before the swap it did and he got them to work again once he swapped to my dry ballast. The water problem scared me off and I did not do the swap.

Anyone have this issue with the OEM ones? I almost think if I buy OEM it should be straight from the dealer so I have some warranty instead of buying used and saving a few bucks?

Old 06-09-2011 | 11:08 PM
Prefer the OEM projectors, but whatever u like

Old 06-09-2011 | 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by Mark2K8
If a vendor produced that headlight everyone would be on it, but since its ebay, its a POS.
Several vendors on here sell them actually. I still think theyre ugly, they could be so much better if it was simpler.

Old 06-10-2011 | 12:20 AM
If you really want to be satisfied with an upgrade for your '03 go with the '06 projectors. Nissan should have never put out the G35 without them. Along with MotorDynes spacer the projectors are the very best upgrade for our first gen G35s....Fact!
Gary

Old 06-10-2011 | 12:40 AM
I haz hugz to givez
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Imperial1
the only upgrade you listed there are the 06 OEM Projectors.

All the rest are downgrades.
This

Old 06-10-2011 | 09:51 PM
Thats funny, cause projectors first started in an Audi concept car and first used in a bmw...

So if you wanna be like that, all you guys suggesting projectors are RICE!!!!!! RICE BRO! Cause last time I checked, Is your car an Audi? A BMW?
Projectors improve lighting. Halo's do not. Halo's are for show.

Old 06-11-2011 | 11:46 AM

Lol i guess most car manufacturers are rice cause almost all them use projectors, including diesels and freight trucks... probably has nothing to do with improved lighting displacement lol

Old 06-11-2011 | 11:50 AM
Xet

LOL you are retarded. Get out of here with your stupidity please.

Old 06-11-2011 | 02:37 PM
jusst bake your oem headlights. People's rides look sick with them bake headlights. Anyways... a 06' headlight fits an 05'? O_O. I didn't know that. The 06' is the one with the projector headlight right? sorry to thread jack..

Old 06-11-2011 | 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by aloooha
jusst bake your oem headlights. People's rides look sick with them bake headlights. Anyways... a 06' headlight fits an 05'? O_O. I didn't know that. The 06' is the one with the projector headlight right? sorry to thread jack..
Yeah 03-05 non projectors and 06-07 projectors
I just put some 06 projectors on my 04 last week

Old 06-11-2011 | 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
If you really want to be satisfied with an upgrade for your '03 go with the '06 projectors. Nissan should have never put out the G35 without them. Along with MotorDynes spacer the projectors are the very best upgrade for our first gen G35s....Fact!
Gary
Eloquently put, without bashing anyones taste for lower quality mods.
Ebay is known for lower quality products that are sometimes not all that inexpensive. Lots of members here have dealt with that in the past and might just be trying to look out for the newer mebers, that's all.

Old 06-11-2011 | 03:11 PM
Think of those aftermarket headlights as buying any other off brand car part. Counts as a mod and can sometimes look good but it doesn't actually perform like the authentic part would.

The OEM projectors are a huge upgrade from 03-05 reflectors, and those aftermarket lights won't help you out with light output much. A lot of guys seem to like the look of those aftermarket lights but if you actually care about their light output don't get them. Nothing beats OEM projectors, except modified OEM projectors

As for ebay, you can buy cheap made in china crap but if you know what you are looking for you can get authentic brand name goodies for cheap.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Headlight upgrade help me decide which to go with?