Notices

Have you ever encountered this issue when installing LED bulbs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Have you ever encountered this issue when installing LED bulbs?

There are subtle differences in headlight assemblies across different vehicles. Some come with dust covers, while others don’t. And beneath the cover, some have standard position, while others are off-center position.

Recently, we received feedback from a 2005 Buick Century owner who said:
"I am returning the LCair9006. Yes, they technically fit this car connection-wise, but because of the large fan on the back of the bulb, it doesn't fit into the headlight casing. The image attached shows the old bulb and the off-centered positioning of it. Because the bulb is so close to the edge of the opening, the Lasfit bulb with the bulky fan on the back doesn’t fit. Not sure what else I can do or if there is a less bulky bulb I can use. I don’t want to break the casing to make the bulb fit."

As you can see, just like this customer described, their 2005 Buick Century has an off-center assembly. If the bulb’s cooling fan is too large, you might run into the same issue where the bulb hits the edge of the headlight housing.

So, what should you do in this case? Lasfit recommends using bulbs with smaller fans, like the LCplus series or the fanless L1plus series. These options can help you avoid the problem of the bulb touching the edge of the housing and make it easier to fit the OEM dust cover back on.

When you’ve replaced LED bulbs, did you notice the positioning of your headlight assembly? Have you ever had trouble putting the cover back on because of a bulky bulb? We look forward to your comments and sharing!