Notices

PIAA Tera LED lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have access to these bulbs. If anyone is interested, shoot me an email.

Old 05-29-2005, 09:24 PM
wish I'd known that about a month ago.
I sort of screwed up and was playing around with them and shorted out one of the resistor packs and a bulb. now having it warrantied by vivatech. it's taking forever due to the international stuff. so right now my clearance light strips are offline

Old 05-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
dude, that really sucks!!! i hope all is well with your dealership...

Old 05-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LivyathanZero
wish I'd known that about a month ago.
I sort of screwed up and was playing around with them and shorted out one of the resistor packs and a bulb. now having it warrantied by vivatech. it's taking forever due to the international stuff. so right now my clearance light strips are offline
how did you short one out???

Old 05-30-2005, 03:57 PM
I have 4 pairs of the PIAA Super LEDs 194 wedge bulbs for sale if anyone wants them. They are the 2 LED ones BLUE/WHITE. PM me if interested.

Old 06-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Hey guys, I noticed the author of this thread mentioned a write-up for this? i was wondering if anyone could link me or at least describe the process in detail. My brother has a G35c and I'd like to show him this. He'll probably have me do everything, which is why I need the directions.

Also, in order to access the strip, do you have to bake your headlights like you do in the 350Z?

Old 06-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do they make yellow bulbs that fit our light strip thing that match the amber turn signal?

Old 06-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Awesome Liv!! I want those but man they're expensive but worth it i'm sure! BTW have you put the DIY out yet? Again, awesome lights!!!

Old 06-02-2005, 07:02 PM
LoveThief03, thanx man, everyting's going well at BMW Austin. hope the MB world's treating you well.
escobar, I was trying to alter the wiriing to make it even brighter. not a good idea.
Faluzure, I'm the author. I havne't finished the write-up. I have about half done but have been tterribly busy with moving and work. I hope to finish it by this weekend. access for the clearance light strips in the headlights is through the fender liner. you don't have to bake the headlights.
Malx, no. the Tera LED bulbs are only white. you could always replace the amber lenses with clears.
fellow ClubG35 slacker (Infinite1), yea they were expensive but they're legal and I wanted them which was good enough reason for me. the DIY isn't complete yet

Old 06-03-2005, 12:10 AM
I've been asked about part numbers and sent links to different items asking if those were the Tera LEDs. so here's pictures of the box and the labels. I don't understand Japanese so don't ask me to translate it.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey Liv was the color of your old LEDs Blue/White? B/c i was looking at the piaa website and i found some LED bulbs which were Super White....i'm sure they don't look good as yours but for now until i can afford the TERAs hahaah

Old 06-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Infinite1
Hey Liv was the color of your old LEDs Blue/White? B/c i was looking at the piaa website and i found some LED bulbs which were Super White....i'm sure they don't look good as yours but for now until i can afford the TERAs hahaah
I'm not Liv, but I thought I'd comment in on this. I have a package of PIAA Blue/Whites on my 350Z. The package actually says PIAA BLUE/WHITE. When I ordered them, I thought they would be a whitish-blue. It ends up that they are actually 2 different LEDs. One is a blue LED, the other is a white LED. I still don't know if I like them, because the blue LED is really overpowering. My friends think they are cool and I have a blue 350Z, so it kind of matches, but I don't know yet...

Old 06-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Faluzure
I'm not Liv, but I thought I'd comment in on this. I have a package of PIAA Blue/Whites on my 350Z. The package actually says PIAA BLUE/WHITE. When I ordered them, I thought they would be a whitish-blue. It ends up that they are actually 2 different LEDs. One is a blue LED, the other is a white LED. I still don't know if I like them, because the blue LED is really overpowering. My friends think they are cool and I have a blue 350Z, so it kind of matches, but I don't know yet...
Thanks for the comment Fal....That's interesting....how bright is the white LED...b/c i'm in Texas also like Liv and i don't want the cops pulling me over for a bluish color bulbs....

Old 08-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Diesel1
Wow those look great! How big is that extra ballast they are describing? Where would it get mounted?
Diesel, I wanted to thank you for posting the English instructions to the PIAA Teras. I am about to do the install and I knew right where to look!

...Cru

Old 09-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Diesel1
Wow those look great! How big is that extra ballast they are describing? Where would it get mounted?
Just ordered a pair at ebay, and I am wondering exactly this. How the hell do you put that ballast? where do they go?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PIAA Tera LED lights