Notices

Some pics of my 8000ks installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 10:19 PM
► Matt ◄
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chilibowl
hahahah, yo man, i do like the look of 8000K (INSIDE the headlight) , but wow, that does indeed look like sh.itty output LOL
going to use a wall tomorrow night.

Old 11-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Ahhh perfect!

Let us see:

vs.

To be fair the 4300K output shot is using projector base technology vs the 8000K reflector based light. Still you can see the vast difference in performance.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those nights shots don't mean crap. Depending on shutter time on cameras or how you adjust the pics after they come out, it can make things brighter or darker. The facts are already there: you lose output when going to 8000k bulbs. If you can live with it, fine, go ahead. For those who are not fine with it and can't see **** with those bulbs, fine, keep the stock bulbs. I personally am planning to upgrade the stock bulbs to 5000 or 6000k in the future, but no higher than that since I don't really wanna lose light output. I have to admit that 8000k looks cool though.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:32 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX

5000K = Great light output (3400 lumens),Pure white, excellent performance
6000K = Good light output (3200 lumens) , White with a hint of blue, best looks, very good performance
G35_TX, can you show me where it says that? I checked the link, but I can't find that particular bit of info on the lumens. The reason why I ask, is because that's the highest I've seen claimed for 6000K in terms of lumens.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys are acting like he's driving blind out there. Yes, his performance will be hindered, but c'mon... it's not like it's pitch black. I bet it will still be far better than most halogen bulbs you see on POS cars. Like all of us don't have years experience driving those cars at night.

Plus, with the dual HID setup, he'll make up for lost light. Can't wait to see it!

Old 11-14-2005, 12:45 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
This is crazy, you guys are arguing over a guy saying that he likes his 8000K bulbs and ***HE*** can see better with them. Just because you dont think you could see better and that science proves you dont get the same output doesnt mean its a crime for him to use them. I'm personally getting some 10000K lights for my sedan and i think they will look bad a$$ whether or not i lose visibility it's still going to be better than the traditional halogen bulbs. I also find it ironic that most of the people that are saying that you shouldnt do it or they wouldnt do it is the older guys. Leave us younger guys alone and let us do what we want. C'mon now.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:25 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Easy there, you're going to blow an aneurysm or something.

I just started posting in this thread today because there were some flat out false statements being made. Ones claiming that you don't lose output with 6000K or 8000K.

No one is bringing age into this, you're the first one to state that. If you want to argue age issues, there's the general coupe forum for that.

But just for fun, in response to:
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan

Just because you dont think you could see better and that science proves you dont get the same output doesnt mean its a crime for him to use them.
Here you go:
http://www.dot.gov/affairs/nhtsa4304.htm

"NHTSA 43-04
Tuesday, October 19, 2004

NHTSA ILLEGAL LIGHTING CRACKDOWN CONTINUES

Continuing its crackdown against manufacturers and suppliers of illegal lighting equipment, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) today announced its decision that high intensity discharge (HID) conversion kits produced by a Texas company do not comply with federal safety standards.

The owner of ASTEX USA, a supplier of aftermarket HID kits, was ordered to conduct a recall campaign and provide a no-cost solution to the customer. The company is based in Dayton, TX. When installed in a motor vehicle, the HID kits “can be expected to produce excessive glare to oncoming motorists and others,” NHTSA said in its decision.

To date, NHTSA has investigated 24 HID conversion kit suppliers; all investigations have resulted in recalls or termination of sales.

“These illegal lights are a potential hazard to those who share the road,” said NHTSA Administrator Jeffrey Runge, MD. “And we will continue to pursue those offering them for sale and violating the law.”

Companies that sell, import or manufacture non-compliant equipment could face substantial civil penalties, NHTSA said."

**** I do take note that lots of what we do here is not exactly legal with our lights, myself included. But I'm just pointing this out, because you said that it's not a crime.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:30 AM
I'm a younger guy (21) and I'd never put any higher than 6000k on my car.

Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
This is crazy, you guys are arguing over a guy saying that he likes his 8000K bulbs and ***HE*** can see better with them. Just because you dont think you could see better and that science proves you dont get the same output doesnt mean its a crime for him to use them. I'm personally getting some 10000K lights for my sedan and i think they will look bad a$$ whether or not i lose visibility it's still going to be better than the traditional halogen bulbs. I also find it ironic that most of the people that are saying that you shouldnt do it or they wouldnt do it is the older guys. Leave us younger guys alone and let us do what we want. C'mon now.

Old 11-14-2005, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Ahhh perfect!

Let us see:

vs.
I prefer the output of my 06' Projectors with 4300k bulbs

And if you are upgrading, because you want to look "cool", notice the spectrum effect at the cutoff. Nice blue color, even though I'm running 4300k bulbs:

Old 11-14-2005, 06:38 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
06 Projectors arent that amazing either. A TL projector would gladly s.hit on that output, cutoff sharpness, and color.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:27 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by E_K
G35_TX, can you show me where it says that? I checked the link, but I can't find that particular bit of info on the lumens. The reason why I ask, is because that's the highest I've seen claimed for 6000K in terms of lumens.

http://www.xenonexpert.com/xteckit.html Scroll half way down.

5k to 6k I have seen many reviews and it doesn't loose as much as you think. I posted the proof. Even the graph shows how much light output.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by IS300TOG35
I went out and drove around and took some REAL pics of MY car and how the lights look at night time... when it comes down to it, its your eyes that should judge not science.
My eyes say your headlights look dim, but if you like them, then rock out with your c*ck out.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by chilibowl
06 Projectors arent that amazing either. A TL projector would gladly s.hit on that output, cutoff sharpness, and color.
Actually, I have an 05' TL, and I compared the light output, they are almost identicle. The last picture I posted was just fuzzy, because I was in a hurry, because there were cars coming.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by avs007
Actually, I have an 05' TL, and I compared the light output, they are almost identicle. The last picture I posted was just fuzzy, because I was in a hurry, because there were cars coming.
The bi xenon units in the 06 coupe headlight are most likely from Stanley (They make TSX/TL projectors). It wouldn't shock me if they were basically the same.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:02 PM
hey i have an 03 g sedan and plan on doing a hid conversion. the manual says it takes 55 watt halogens. does that mean i should get the 55 watt hid conversion kit, or should i use the 35 watt? I heard that the 55w kit burns hotter, and i just dont want to mess anything up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some pics of my 8000ks installed