The M-Spot For General discussion of the M35/M45

Will the G35 manual tranny fit in the M35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 01:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will the G35 manual tranny fit in the M35?

I was wondering if any one know if the G35 manual tranny would fit in the M35?

The following users liked this post:
Burke Sellers (10-28-2023)
Old 10-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt that. I mean if you can try, go ahead.. but I doubt it will

Old 10-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Should be able to do it since they use the same motor. It's just going to take alot of work and money.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:02 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kk G35
I was wondering if any one know if the G35 manual tranny would fit in the M35?
Intereting question, but why bother? The new G-Sedan is so like the M now, and equipped very similarly and at a much lower price, it's just not worth the effort.
Besides, the demand for a 6M/T M would be very limited and you may have difficulty finding a buyer when you're thru with it.

BTW, KK, welcome to G35Driver.

C.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:46 AM
I think you would destroy the appeal that the M has if you put a manual in it. The M is a classy ride like a Mercedes E class. You would definitely kill your resale unless you plan on keeping your car for 20 years. If you want a manual, you should get a new G sedan instead. Why not spend the coin that you would spend on a manual conversion and boost your M with FI? I think you would be much happier. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:32 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Samson
I think you would destroy the appeal that the M has if you put a manual in it. The M is a classy ride like a Mercedes E class. You would definitely kill your resale unless you plan on keeping your car for 20 years. If you want a manual, you should get a new G sedan instead. Why not spend the coin that you would spend on a manual conversion and boost your M with FI? I think you would be much happier. Just my 2 cents worth.
Who says class cant have a manual? Why can the BMW 545i come with a 6-speed but not an M. I think Infiniti should of offered a manual on the M, but only on personal order. That way, they wouldnt be building manual M's for nothing. Infiniti tackled the scene as a Sport over Luxury car maker...so I believe they should of had the option of 6-speed on the M.

Old 11-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Get a '07 G Sedan 6MT. It also has the new HR engine. You would be in for nightmares trying to put a 6MT into a M35.

Old 11-26-2006, 12:48 PM
N50
Originally Posted by chilibowl
Who says class cant have a manual? Why can the BMW 545i come with a 6-speed but not an M. I think Infiniti should of offered a manual on the M, but only on personal order. That way, they wouldnt be building manual M's for nothing. Infiniti tackled the scene as a Sport over Luxury car maker...so I believe they should of had the option of 6-speed on the M.
I agree with chilibowl. Some of the most classy vehicles have manual transmissions as an option. I think maybe that the M will eventually have that option down the road. However, like others have said, right now the G is an extremely good buy! Makes more sense rather than attempting to pour tons of money into a project that you're not sure will work. Give Infiniti time, down the road they will have more options for their vehicles and allow for more customizing.

Old 12-25-2006, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by Samson
Because, an M sedan as a M5 killer will be worth it, imho. You can't go wrong with the M35's looks and appeal... why not mate that with Nissan's traditional brute force power package?

Old 12-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by panda007
Because, an M sedan as a M5 killer will be worth it, imho. You can't go wrong with the M35's looks and appeal... why not mate that with Nissan's traditional brute force power package?
If you plan on building a killer, brute power sedan that can own an M5 and don't plan on selling the car, by all means do it. I was just looking at it from the practicality standpoint. Heavily modded cars are usually very difficult to unload on someone, unless you wan't to take a bath and lose a bundle.

If Infiniti sees fit to put a 6MT in, you mightbe able to recoup some of your investment. If you re-read my initial post, I said that if you plan on keeping the car for a long time and want better performance, then do it. Over the years, I have read this same question posed over and over again to magazines as to whether it would be a good idea to change an automatic transmissioned car to a manual version. Again and again the writers have told the person to sell their car and get what they really want. They will be happier in the end.

In 1970, I bought a Camaro with an auto because my dad was an insurance agent and I was only 18 at the time. He told me that my rates would have been higher with a manual transmission. I longed for a manual transmission and talked to people about doing a swap. The cost was so high, it was better to sell my car and get what I really wanted. I did just that. I found a guy who had a '67 Vette with a 427 and 4 speed. He wanted my car and I wanted his. We ended up trading cars. I was happy and so was he. I used that Corvette to trade up to something even better, to which I was even happier.

Do what makes you happy. If you have the coin and don't mind the hassle of changing things, then do it. It all boils down to what gives you pleasure and enjoyment.

Old 12-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by panda007
Hmm put Nos on it and you'll be fast enough
Thats what I did

Old 12-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by GodZilla
Hmm put Nos on it and you'll be fast enough
Thats what I did
Kyle, did you get a wet or dry kit? I am going to do a 75 shot kit in the spring. I am a little nervous about running a 100 shot. Just curious.

Old 12-25-2006, 10:30 PM
first of all you would definetly void your warranty, i dont care what moss act you throw at the dealer, that would be like a major modification, anything would go wrong good luck selling the car or getting the car repaired since youd be the only one who knew what you did to the trasmission, i wouldt do it IMO

Old 12-25-2006, 10:49 PM
if the M45 came in 6 speed ....yummmy

Old 12-26-2006, 03:02 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by allforthecash
if the M45 came in 6 speed ....yummmy
Yummy on the 6 or 7 speed a/t too.......

C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Will the G35 manual tranny fit in the M35?