Just got some new wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2008 | 03:19 PM
Not a big fan of the wheels... but I've seen much worse. You should think about painting the Dark Knight emblem black. Might look nicer

Old 04-27-2008 | 05:26 PM
|
Originally Posted by High Octane
Not a big fan of the wheels... but I've seen much worse. You should think about painting the Dark Knight emblem black. Might look nicer
Never thought of that. Will do a photo shop and see what happens. Thanks

Old 04-27-2008 | 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by LElzie
Not a fan of that I see, I can respect that. Thanks for the feedback.
Yea man. We here in the G35 community would be really ecstatic if you took that off.

Old 05-02-2008 | 04:24 PM
|
Originally Posted by Andrei
Yea man. We here in the G35 community would be really ecstatic if you took that off.
WOW, the whole G35 community I see. I personally get many compliments on subtly it has and see people all the time following me pulling out their camera phones to take pictures (whether good or bad), but I do respect the opinion of those who OWN the vehicle.

For now, I like it, so it stays. Other priorities such as lowering it take priority (12 more days until that is done). Chances are when I order a new hood/deck lid along with the a body kit (for which I am still undecided), I may omit the use of the symbol as to not offend any other owner.

I thank you for the feedback.

Old 05-02-2008 | 04:25 PM
Unique I guess.

Old 05-02-2008 | 04:31 PM
|
Originally Posted by session_road86
Unique I guess.
Interesting

I was sure that the link in the original post still functioned. None-the-less. You are more than welcome to review them here: http://home.comcast.net/~lelzie/custom_prints_6.html

The general consensus is first and foremost a lowering regardless of the wheel style. Others have been blunt about not liking them. I can only offer that they look great rolling (hope to have some shots of that soon) and in person. The style is different, I do not mind trying out something out of the ordinary if I like it and I am willing to except persecution from those that do not agree.

I am going to remove the chrome inserts and go solid black inserts so that will change in about two weeks when the parts come in. I am always interested in hearing what you have to say.

Old 05-02-2008 | 06:48 PM
|
Originally Posted by session_road86
Unique I guess.
That was a very polite was of saying "UMMMMM NO". :-) But I understand. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 05-02-2008 | 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by LElzie
That was a very polite was of saying "UMMMMM NO". :-) But I understand. Thanks for the feedback.
Here are my thoughts: For roughly the same price it will cost you to get a used set of OEM 19's and add new tires to it, you've gotten something completely unique instead of being just like the other bajillion G's out there. I applaud that.

BTW since you took the OEM 19's off, if they had good tread left you can probably sell them and make a lot of money back. So what if you've added a few pounds per wheel (in actuality since it's rotating mass, it's a ton more) - not everyone is all about performance. As far as the "heavy" comments - many members on here are rolling on over-priced aftermarket 19's which weigh just as much if not more (Volks, iForged and Works being the obvious exceptions).

Old 05-02-2008 | 10:24 PM
not my choice but modding is a personal preference. I've said this before, as long as it makes you smile everytime you walk out to your car; congrats. You like them so enjoy them.

Old 05-02-2008 | 10:53 PM
|
Originally Posted by Easein2itG
not my choice but modding is a personal preference. I've said this before, as long as it makes you smile everytime you walk out to your car; congrats. You like them so enjoy them.
Thanks. I do smile. I hope that getting the S-Tech springs added on the 15th of this month will increase the size of that smile as well. I mentioned earlier that I was going to get the chrome inserts in black as well and try it out to see how it looks. I post those as well to see what the reaction is. Thanks for taking a look.

Old 05-02-2008 | 10:54 PM
|
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
Here are my thoughts: For roughly the same price it will cost you to get a used set of OEM 19's and add new tires to it, you've gotten something completely unique instead of being just like the other bajillion G's out there. I applaud that.

BTW since you took the OEM 19's off, if they had good tread left you can probably sell them and make a lot of money back. So what if you've added a few pounds per wheel (in actuality since it's rotating mass, it's a ton more) - not everyone is all about performance. As far as the "heavy" comments - many members on here are rolling on over-priced aftermarket 19's which weigh just as much if not more (Volks, iForged and Works being the obvious exceptions).
Thanks for the feedback. I had actually not considered cashing in on the extra wheels, I was going to powder coat them and keep them as extra but I like your idea.

Old 05-03-2008 | 12:10 AM
****.. i mean i'm the biggest batman fan out there but.. i wouldn't even go as far as puttin that on my car lol. I think the car is clean, alot of folks will hate cuz their not the "almighty" volks etc etc but watever i think some volks are hideous but i'd get flamed and it's really not worth the trouble.. ONLY thing.. wtf is up with the leather bra dude, wtf.. bat man isn't a middle age woman.. loose that ****, looks like a muzzle. other than that.. i think a moderate drop and ur good to go. *if u chose to stick with the batman .. seriously consider doing it Blacl chrome.. **** will look much more subtle*

clean whip tho.

Old 05-03-2008 | 01:45 AM
|
Originally Posted by Roguewolf
****.. i mean i'm the biggest batman fan out there but.. i wouldn't even go as far as puttin that on my car lol. I think the car is clean, alot of folks will hate cuz their not the "almighty" volks etc etc but watever i think some volks are hideous but i'd get flamed and it's really not worth the trouble.. ONLY thing.. wtf is up with the leather bra dude, wtf.. bat man isn't a middle age woman.. loose that ****, looks like a muzzle. other than that.. i think a moderate drop and ur good to go. *if u chose to stick with the batman .. seriously consider doing it Blacl chrome.. **** will look much more subtle*

clean whip tho.
LOLOLOL, I know, I know. I have to have the bra for right now as the front end of my car has some serious rock chips, two the size of softballs, so I have the bra on until I get a body kit and painting done.

My problem is that I commute 122 miles per day in my G on the freeway so it takes a beating in the front end and it seems the paint there is not the best.

I agree it must go and I SWEAR it will be gone as soon as I decide on a kit and get my ride painted. I have spring and suspension this month so I will try to the kit and painting next month.

I am thinking the Black Chrome will look good as well, can't wait to see for myself. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 05-03-2008 | 02:13 AM
the Batman theme may not be for everyone... but he seems to to be pulling it off... I think the bra actually works with the theme - like a mask, Batman... the bat in the back would be better black-chromed though...

Old 05-03-2008 | 03:00 AM
|
Originally Posted by OCG35
the Batman theme may not be for everyone... but he seems to to be pulling it off... I think the bra actually works with the theme - like a mask, Batman... the bat in the back would be better black-chromed though...
Black Chrome that has been suggested before, sounds different. I may try it.

I never thought of the Bra as the MASK form of batman, but I can't excuse that as why it is on the car. I still think it has to go, thanks for the feedback. I'll do a separate emblem in the black chrome and try some new pics.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got some new wheels