Not your average newb with megapost and pics !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
round 2...fight...

Old 12-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by the04coupe
sorry bout the updates .Been super busy working on other cars i hvent got around to finishing . Btw simpson i do auto body all day everyday too and believe me that is the best way to tackle that job . The only other way is full replacement and that is what a hack job is . I did not cut the fender well simply pulled the crease and WELDED not fiberglassed a patch . BTw fiberglass reinforced fillers are made for metal .Also it is all cosmetic dammage exept for that small spot in the fenderwell which is much too small to have any possible safty issues . Everything lines up and there was 0 dammage to the inner structure . The car also does not have isurance yet .Doesnt have to unless on the street .

Lets hear your way of how to fix it then ?

I would have replaced the quarter panel and pulled the inner. Just buy the pics in person is a whole different ball game. Its not the pulling and strighting. Its the cutting out and patching. I pull and fill **** everyday there is nothing wrong with that. I also said your end product was very nice. From the pictures it looks like you used fiberglass mat Am i right? You of all people know that fiberglass does not stick to metal and will crack under everyday use. You are also right about it being low and there is not any real issue of stricture damage other then the inner wheel well.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by johnhanson007
Hahahaha....I have an idea!

https://g35driver.com/forums/health-...-steroids.html

Priceless.

that is kinda funny lol but that was over 5 years ago

Old 12-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by simpson
I would have replaced the quarter panel and pulled the inner. Just buy the pics in person is a whole different ball game. Its not the pulling and strighting. Its the cutting out and patching. I pull and fill **** everyday there is nothing wrong with that. I also said your end product was very nice. From the pictures it looks like you used fiberglass mat Am i right? You of all people know that fiberglass does not stick to metal and will crack under everyday use. You are also right about it being low and there is not any real issue of stricture damage other then the inner wheel well.
So instead of welding a small cosmetic patch you would replace the whole quarter with ****ty plug welds and have it come out misalighned (thay never come perfect )No fiberglass mat there at all . The patch was stitch welded in and ground down then a skim coat of fiberglass reinforced filler applied over the welds just so it wont eventually rust since there is no zinc coating where welded like there is from the factory . filler is made for metal . you are right about glass resin and mat but i didnt use that .Any shop that has a good metal guy wouldnt hesitate to straighten that without replacing .

Old 12-07-2008, 11:44 AM
^^ Come on bud, cut the guy some slack. It's pretty obvious in addition to his testicular atrophy caused by steroid abuse he also has marked cerebral atrophy.

I think doing the same job day in day out for 10 years doesn't necessarily mean you do it well. Your photos and this thread prove the integrity of your work and a level of transparency not offered by most body shops. If my G got an owie and I was in your ballpark I'd be contacting you asap.

Congrats on your new baby.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by the04coupe
So instead of welding a small cosmetic patch you would replace the whole quarter with ****ty plug welds and have it come out misalighned (thay never come perfect )No fiberglass mat there at all . The patch was stitch welded in and ground down then a skim coat of fiberglass reinforced filler applied over the welds just so it wont eventually rust since there is no zinc coating where welded like there is from the factory . filler is made for metal . you are right about glass resin and mat but i didnt use that .Any shop that has a good metal guy wouldnt hesitate to straighten that without replacing .

i will take some picks of some of the stuff i have to fix at work. Just forget it sounded like you were using mat. i said it looked good. Also at work we use a spot welder. Have you used one of them? i dont like that you have to clean both sides of the metal. I am sorry that i chose bad words before asking all questions but (me as a person and from working around it all day)dont like to weld in patches.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Yes i have heard and used a spot welder but i dont have one and not all body shops have them so the alternative is plug welding . Even with a spot welder you end up plug welding some things still . I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat .

Old 12-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Amazing work. Can't wait to see more pics!

Old 12-09-2008, 10:09 PM
wow. in for pics of the final product.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:42 PM
nice work....cant wait for the final product.. nice eclipse also....

Old 12-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by simpson
i will take some picks of some of the stuff i have to fix at work. Just forget it sounded like you were using mat. i said it looked good. Also at work we use a spot welder. Have you used one of them? i dont like that you have to clean both sides of the metal. I am sorry that i chose bad words before asking all questions but (me as a person and from working around it all day)dont like to weld in patches.
So let me get this straight. You come into this topic right, takes you about 30 seconds to form an opinion on this guy because you didn't get your 'kodak moment' on the project. After he responds with the right answer why is it that you are "crawling up your moms puss"? I mean what was the point of you comming in here for days and trying to tell him he is in wrong doing?
Wait wait wait...I don't even wanna know.
-You are one weird fella.

On-Topic: I like the work. I wish I could experience the detail in person.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:55 PM
steroids.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Nice work! cant wait to see more pics!!

Old 12-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
It looks pretty damn good to me.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:00 PM
looks good to me! dont trip off the haters.. theeey lo0o0ove to hate

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Not your average newb with megapost and pics !