Updated pics(Drop and more interior work)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Junior G
I have another thread with updated pics bro...The console was dirty with fingerprints and whatnot and there was alot of glare from the sun making it look worse. I wanted the paint to fully cure before cleaning it.The interior is not going to all black....more like 70% black...I'm picking up black door pads later this week and doing some custom work to those(Suede and semi-gloss accents) ...Here's a couple updated pics of it cleaned up without any glare.Remember its a semi-gloss black not a gloss black so its not supposed to be super shiny.Also the circular trim piece for the gear selector has a couple dings in it from the previous owner that i couldnt get out.I'm picking up a new one of those soon as well

well are you going to change your audio system? cause then you could have waited so u could have painted that also....but atleast you know what it will look like and would have had the experience to paint the kit

Old 11-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by J.King90
well are you going to change your audio system? cause then you could have waited so u could have painted that also....but atleast you know what it will look like and would have had the experience to paint the kit

Yea I'm going to get a DD kit one of these days,Ive taken the dash apart a few times now and It really only take 15 minutes or so to get the head unit out,so when i swap it it wont be a big deal changing the color.I was actually going to get a new head unit and dd kit this week...instead i bought a Crawford V1 Plenum and Nismo full CAI and today i picked up a Top Secret Authentic Poly Front bumper...so there goes my monthly spending money

Right now its prep'd and sanded.Getting money together to get it painted

Last edited by Junior G; 11-05-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Junior G
Yea I'm going to get a DD kit one of these days,Ive taken the dash apart a few times now and It really only take 15 minutes or so to get the head unit out,so when i swap it it wont be a big deal changing the color.I was actually going to get a new head unit and dd kit this week...instead i bought a Crawford V1 Plenum and Nismo full CAI and today i picked up a Top Secret Authentic Poly Front bumper...so there goes my monthly spending money
lol i feel you bro, yea im looking at my $$ when i get outta basic...already took out my loan for the g but i gotta wait til march when i get outta basic to buy it so my insurance will be cheaper since im 18.....ive been carryin the moddin bug ever since i laid eyes on it...but yea soon as i pick it up in march im gettin the nismo front bumper, 7inch touch screen, and the eibach pre kit...already saved $$ aside

Old 11-05-2008, 10:43 PM
lol i feel you bro, yea im looking at my $$ when i get outta basic...already took out my loan for the g but i gotta wait til march when i get outta basic to buy it so my insurance will be cheaper since im 18.....ive been carryin the moddin bug ever since i laid eyes on it...but yea soon as i pick it up in march im gettin the nismo front bumper, 7inch touch screen, and the eibach pre kit...already saved $$ aside

Thats gonna be nice when you do bro.You'll have a bunch of mods right away.I posted pics ablove of what i did and got this week.You should be happy you have such a nice car at 18 lol.I had a P.O.S Jeep Cherokee when i was your age

Old 11-05-2008, 10:46 PM
lol yea right now i have a grand am gt coupe...ima keep it at my parents house. got a few mods but reached my limits. but yea the military pays well. idk jus still bums me out that even tho i got my loan and my money saved i cant get in until march so i kinda feel like im not part of the g fam yet....more like a 2nd cousin

Old 11-05-2008, 10:53 PM
lol yea right now i have a grand am gt coupe...ima keep it at my parents house. got a few mods but reached my limits. but yea the military pays well. idk jus still bums me out that even tho i got my loan and my money saved i cant get in until march so i kinda feel like im not part of the g fam yet....more like a 2nd cousin

Its better anyways....Just think you wont have to go through the winter with it .You'll be all set for the spring /summer next year

Old 11-05-2008, 11:13 PM
i like the shift ****

Old 11-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by MrXGuzzy
i like the shift ****
Im actually getting rid of that shift **** soon.Im getting an oem black one to replace it.Selling that one for $30 if your interested

Old 11-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
like what u did with console. Thought about having mine painted black.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
whats that green wire for in your bay?

Old 11-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by ShanesG
whats that green wire for in your bay?
I had LED side mirrors and they had connections to the front blinkers so that when you put the turn signal on they would blink in unison with the fron bl;inkers.I went back to OEM mirrors though and kept them there in case i wanted to use them for an accsory for the future.