skyline badge/350gt.. winged it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j-velocity
Moding cars are to personalize it but we wouldn't put parts on our car from other cars.
V35 SKyline and G35 are the same cars but not exactly the same.
You may also consider puting Type-R, TRD or what ever badge on your car. That may also increase your "uniqueness".
There is no Infiniti in Japan. THere are also no Skyline V35s in North America.
When you bought your car you brought it from Infiniti as Infiniti G35.
NOt from Nissan as V35 Skyline 350GT.
I bet if you own a TSX or RSX or IS300 you would badge it as Accord o
r Integra or Altezza or other JDM wannabe.
Just curious, but what do you think are the differences between the V35 Skyline and G35?

This whole argument comes down to what your definition of "different" is. To me, if two cars have the exact same motor, exact same specifications, exact same aero parts (ie: exactly the same performance specifications and dimensions), then those two cars are the same in my book. Trivial differences (things that don't affect the performance of the car) such as having an Infiniti logo instead of a Nissan logo, or having the steering wheel moved to the other side just don't count. But thats just me.

Also, your argument that re-badging a G35 as a V35 Skyline is like re-badging a USDM Honda Civic as a JDM Type-R isn't valid, because last I checked, Honda does not sell a USDM Civic with the same performance specifications as the JDM Honda Type-R.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by feyd
Just curious, but what do you think are the differences between the V35 Skyline and G35?

This whole argument comes down to what your definition of "different" is. To me, if two cars have the exact same motor, exact same specifications, exact same aero parts (ie: exactly the same performance specifications and dimensions), then those two cars are the same in my book. Trivial differences (things that don't affect the performance of the car) such as having an Infiniti logo instead of a Nissan logo, or having the steering wheel moved to the other side just don't count. But thats just me.

Also, your argument that re-badging a G35 as a V35 Skyline is like re-badging a USDM Honda Civic as a JDM Type-R isn't valid, because last I checked, Honda does not sell a USDM Civic with the same performance specifications as the JDM Honda Type-R.
+100

to OP "skyline" letters are a little too high...

the 1 dude saying about ppl laughin over in japan about it ...have u ever been to japan? i forgot all japanese ppl do is think about skylines and GTR's to them there just cars like they are elsewhere ...and GTR's are like the AMG or M class cars of MB and BMW there not the most common car most are just R32-34 skylines