Pic with new Dodo Juice wax - Purple Haze

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pic with new Dodo Juice wax - Purple Haze

I am trying out new waxes and Dodo Juice is supposed to be some of the best out there. I bought purple haze for the G because it is intended for dark colored cars. Here is a shot after I used the Purple Haze. It goes on extremely easy and comes off even easier. Its creates a deep dark refined gloss. It has a very interesting smell as well that is pleasant to the senses. And yes, the wax is purple.

This is hands down the easiest wax I have ever used. I picked it up on sale here: http://www.obsessivedetail.com/dodojuice.html

Dodo juice makes some other really interesting products as well. I picked up the sample container of Supernatural to try on my other black show car. That stuff is super expensive but I cannot wait to try it out!

Old 03-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
That is amazing stuff! When my mothers reflections runs out, i will def be getting me some purple haze! Ive been wanting it for a while now. A detailer told me that is the best stuff he has ever used and to make it look even better, you should spray some denase wet glaze over it

Old 03-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Also, did you put it on with your bare hands?

Old 03-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
now slam ur g and call it a day !

Old 03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
I cant slam her for several reasons. First off Ohio roads are riddled with pot holes and second off I bought the 100,000 mile warranty and dont want to interfere with that. This is my daily driver, I already have a mod car ;>)

I did not put it on with my bare hands although I could have. The Supernatural Dodo juice however reccomends application with you bare hands. When I pull my other car out of hibernation thats what Im going to do. One more month, counting the days...

Old 03-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Looks great.

I just picked up some of the Dodo Double Wax and can't wait to try it out.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by 03stage2
I cant slam her for several reasons. First off Ohio roads are riddled with pot holes and second off I bought the 100,000 mile warranty and dont want to interfere with that. This is my daily driver, I already have a mod car ;>)

I did not put it on with my bare hands although I could have. The Supernatural Dodo juice however reccomends application with you bare hands. When I pull my other car out of hibernation thats what Im going to do. One more month, counting the days...
Is nobody else curious as to what his other car is??

If you drive a G for a DD, then your vanity car has to be bad ***.

PICS

Old 03-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Grocery getter

Good point, what's the other car?

Old 03-17-2009, 01:54 PM
LOL, well my show car probably isnt what you would think. You see I'm more into American Muscle but appreciate a beutiful car when I see one. I think the G is pure sex which is why I picked one up for a daily driver, you just cannot deny how hot they are. Anywho, this is my main baby, it's a 2003 Roush Mustang vert, 1 of 13 built for my year. I have a modlist longer then my mortgage paperwork. She lays down 500 to the wheels and is pure excitement. These pics are from when Summit Racing asked me to put her on display in their main headquarters. There has been a long list of mods since these pics. Carbon Fiber hood, Seats, I could go on forever...

I bought the Dodo Supernatural trial tin for 20.00 which should be just enough to give her one coat when I bring her out of hibernation. I had to test the supernatural out before i forked over $100+ for a full size tin.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Grocery getter

I'm not a big Mustang fan but that car is beautiful and 500 at the wheels is a lot of fun!

Old 03-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by 03stage2

it doesnt necessarily INTERFERE with the extended warranty, but boy u must like infiniti's service huh? oh man iv had nothing but bad luck.. EXCLUDING riverside infiniti in socal

Old 03-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by eurodre
it doesnt necessarily INTERFERE with the extended warranty, but boy u must like infiniti's service huh? oh man iv had nothing but bad luck.. EXCLUDING riverside infiniti in socal
I have already had my first bad experience the very first time I used it here in Cleveland. The hood was rubbing on the body and took some paint off shortly after I bought it certified used from Infiniti. They lubed the hinges and left me out in the cold on the paint. They said the hinges needed lubed with every oil change. I bought the car certified so I was assuming everything was good. Apparently when they tell you their best warranty covers everything they were mistaken. But that's a rant for a different day.

Back on topic.

I forgot to mention the smell purple haze has. I swear it's almost like cologne. I looked up the Danase wet glaze and I think Im going to have to give it a try. Anyone else ever use the stuff?

Old 03-17-2009, 02:40 PM
haha warranty covers everything.. YAH RIGHT, try having a 6mt EVEN worse

but yah i have the NXT tech wax and that stuff smells GOOOOD! haha

sorry if i missed it but did you put this wax on when the paint was already nice? or was this a way you tried to correct stuff in the paint?

Old 03-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
I wanna try some out just cuz it's called DoDo Juice.

ehh. It's dodo like the bird. not dodo like poop. still worth checking it out tho.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by eurodre

sorry if i missed it but did you put this wax on when the paint was already nice? or was this a way you tried to correct stuff in the paint?

The purpose of wax isnt really so much to correct issues in your paint, but more to protect it. It may slightly hide some smaller hair line scratches but that's about it. To truly correct issues in your paint you need to use polish with different abrisive levels for your specific circumstance. THEN you wax. My car has quite a few swirl marks but a picture will not show that unless you are up very close. However the luster a good wax leaves behind can somewhat help conceal a few issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pic with new Dodo Juice wax - Purple Haze