Just picked up my new G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
IP and no moonroof? That's rare. Looks clean man- welcome aboard.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
NICE .... but then again Im partial to IP cause thats the color of my G. Get rid of that side molding, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2012, 05:46 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Don't waste your time on springs, go straight to coilovers. You will thank me in the end for this advice I assure you.

The following users liked this post:
Ejoe19 (09-28-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BmoreIPdriver
NICE .... but then again Im partial to IP cause thats the color of my G. Get rid of that side molding, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahaha finally someone noticed! I hate that trim **** man, it's coming off this weekend when I have time to mess with it. This is the first g I have ever seen with it.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by sprix
IP and no moonroof? That's rare. Looks clean man- welcome aboard.
Thanks man. I was surprised it didn't have the moonroof either but oh well...

Old 09-26-2012, 01:11 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Congrats on your purchase. You had a really clean looking RSX. Kind of a good thing that you got rid of it though, especially with all the stolen Honda's / Acura's in the Northwest part of Houston. It would have been very unfortunate to see another clean RSX stolen in Houston.

IP's are one of my favorites and damn near any color scheme will go with an IP. When you have the time, I'd recommend you check out the body kit thread in my signature to give you an idea of what route you can go externally.

I also notice on your RSX that you have a Jtran sticker. They're a great shop and a great bunch of people and VERY VERY knowledgeable when it comes to our platform. Johnny and Amber won't hesitate to help you out.

Looking at your car, it looks like you got one of the really rare base models, since you don't have the moonroof but I'm somewhat confused because it's a 2005 and with OEM rays. If I remember right, the base models with no moonroof were essentially only introduced in the 2003 model, unless a few of them were also made for the later years as well.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, do you have any pictures of the interior?

Old 09-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by XiN
Congrats on your purchase. You had a really clean looking RSX. Kind of a good thing that you got rid of it though, especially with all the stolen Honda's / Acura's in the Northwest part of Houston. It would have been very unfortunate to see another clean RSX stolen in Houston.

IP's are one of my favorites and damn near any color scheme will go with an IP. When you have the time, I'd recommend you check out the body kit thread in my signature to give you an idea of what route you can go externally.

I also notice on your RSX that you have a Jtran sticker. They're a great shop and a great bunch of people and VERY VERY knowledgeable when it comes to our platform. Johnny and Amber won't hesitate to help you out.

Looking at your car, it looks like you got one of the really rare base models, since you don't have the moonroof but I'm somewhat confused because it's a 2005 and with OEM rays. If I remember right, the base models with no moonroof were essentially only introduced in the 2003 model, unless a few of them were also made for the later years as well.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, do you have any pictures of the interior?
Thanks for the compliments on my rsx. I loved the car but it was time to part with it. All of the hondas/acuras being stolen def spooked me out cause i never got to keep the car in a garage...no issues ever, so lucky me.

I have known amber and johnny for awhile now thru my good buddy justin (drives a nasty 370z) They did some work on my 350 i had while back...very very nice people and defffff know their stuff!

Im kinda confused on why people keep saying its rare?? I dont know much about the g's yet so im pretty intrested in this now... Here is a picture of the interior... and another exterior shot...So what your saying is that 05's didnt come with the wheels or what?? kinda confused now lol...

(i apoligize for the poor picture quality)

Name:  0D86FADC-C03B-4FD0-8329-A384B5206150-629-000000C7742AEF78.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  84.7 KB

Name:  85081A39-6F67-45F5-9802-7950F89A0C07-629-000000C761D6F531.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  69.9 KB

Name:  5D757118-914A-4CFF-A433-9D9BF11E2AE6-629-000000C78C048858.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  81.8 KB

Old 09-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice WHIP! i just picked up my new G this weekend also, 2004 Ivory Pearl with 100K, fully loaded with navi, couldnt resist, tooooooo sexy, i already painted my grill and made my emblem white so far, next for me is tinting it out, ill post some pics up soon too but im on the same boat as you lol, time to hook this **** up!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
^ On that boat in the last picture? :P

Clean G man. Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of help here with people who are more into modding than just talking like on 6MT.net where I first started lol. There are LOTS of useful stickies as well so check them out.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Muzariazz
Nice WHIP! i just picked up my new G this weekend also, 2004 Ivory Pearl with 100K, fully loaded with navi, couldnt resist, tooooooo sexy, i already painted my grill and made my emblem white so far, next for me is tinting it out, ill post some pics up soon too but im on the same boat as you lol, time to hook this **** up!!!!!!
thanks man! congrats to you as well! im loving mine so far. lucky me, mine came with tint haha! goodluck with yours, jealous of your nav :/

Old 09-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by 350GT_
^ On that boat in the last picture? :P

Clean G man. Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of help here with people who are more into modding than just talking like on 6MT.net where I first started lol. There are LOTS of useful stickies as well so check them out.
Thank you sir, ive been checking them all out. I work at a wakeboard boat dealership and theres some sickkkkk boats here. maybe ill post some pictures one day when i bring my camera.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:24 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by larz_g35
I have known amber and johnny for awhile now thru my good buddy justin (drives a nasty 370z) They did some work on my 350 i had while back...very very nice people and defffff know their stuff!

Im kinda confused on why people keep saying its rare?? I dont know much about the g's yet so im pretty intrested in this now... Here is a picture of the interior... and another exterior shot...So what your saying is that 05's didnt come with the wheels or what?? kinda confused now lol...
I'm assuming that when you say Justin with the white 370Z, you're referring to Justin Brown with the white Amuse GTM TT 370Z that Baker Tuning worked on?

Anyways, yes it is rare to not have a moonroof. And let me specify to you what I was insinuating with your model. The ones that come with no moonroof are generally the base model with the cloth style interior with factory 17" wheels, and these were the early 2003 models.

Your car, seems to be even more rare because not only does it not have a moon roof, but it's a 2005 and also has the leather interior as well as the 19" OEM forged Rays instead of the crappy 17" wheels. Also, your interior is that of the 2005-2007 models, since the 2003-2004 interiors are completely different from the later years.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by XiN
I'm assuming that when you say Justin with the white 370Z, you're referring to Justin Brown with the white Amuse GTM TT 370Z that Baker Tuning worked on?

Anyways, yes it is rare to not have a moonroof. And let me specify to you what I was insinuating with your model. The ones that come with no moonroof are generally the base model with the cloth style interior with factory 17" wheels, and these were the early 2003 models.

Your car, seems to be even more rare because not only does it not have a moon roof, but it's a 2005 and also has the leather interior as well as the 19" OEM forged Rays instead of the crappy 17" wheels. Also, your interior is that of the 2005-2007 models, since the 2003-2004 interiors are completely different from the later years.
Nah my friend Justin McCarty. He's got a 40th anniversary 370z, it's sitten on work equips and is TT also. So did my car come like this from the factory, or does it seem like some things were pieced together on it?...

Old 09-26-2012, 11:31 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
Oh I've met him at Cars and Coffee a few months ago. Really cool guy.

And to answer your question, it does seem like it did. Which is kind of confusing. You don't have a moon roof, but you also have all the 2005 sport options like the aluminum sport pedals and the red orange stitching on the steering wheel.

For some strange reason, you just don't have a moonroof.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by XiN
Oh I've met him at Cars and Coffee a few months ago. Really cool guy.

And to answer your question, it does seem like it did. Which is kind of confusing. You don't have a moon roof, but you also have all the 2005 sport options like the aluminum sport pedals and the red orange stitching on the steering wheel.

For some strange reason, you just don't have a moonroof.
Hmm that's kinda weird. I'm going to research this now and see what's up... I wonder if the car may have just been ordered like this from dealer/original owner..I know it came from clear lake Infiniti and I'm the second owner, and I know the carfax is clean, but now I'm alittle more curious...

On another note, I tried removing the side trim yesterday... The rear trim pieces came off smooth but the actual trim on my door wasn't really. Once I got it off you could still see a discolor compared to the rest of my door.. Even after buffing it. There's like a really thin blackish line from the 3M tape originally used that seems impossible to remove unless I wetsand it :/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just picked up my new G