Matte Black G35 Coupe Roof? Check it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
It's easy if you have a thick over all layer. If not its A PITA

As for wrap. That is way too much. I paid less than 500 for a full 30 meter roll in 3D carbon fibre lol

Old 11-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
What's a pita? This is awesome, I'm really inspired to do my hood and roof now too! I've been on the dipyourcar.com forums for the past hour after seeing your thread! any advice for a first timer?

Old 11-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
A pita is a pain in the a$$ lol

Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by redonblack35
How easily does this Plastidip peel off?
like tape

Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by VisualSeven
Damn were did you find vinyll for $100? i paid $43 for mine from amazon, look up HEXIS vinyl, and it doesnt need water unlike the other 3M vinyls, it just stretches a lot so its easy to apply
I ordered mine from bluebatmobile on here, he is a vender. A lot of g35driver people order from him on here.

I paid $91 shipped for gloss black oracal vinyl, cut for my sedan with sunroof already cut out. I think thats a good deal for a sedan.

My first one arrived to me damaged by USPS so he is sending me a new one to replace the damaged one, good customer service.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Adro
I ordered mine from bluebatmobile on here, he is a vender. A lot of g35driver people order from him on here.

I paid $91 shipped for gloss black oracal vinyl, cut for my sedan with sunroof already cut out. I think thats a good deal for a sedan.

My first one arrived to me damaged by USPS so he is sending me a new one to replace the damaged one, good customer service.

I ordered a piece 6 by 5 and cut it myself the sunroof isnt tht hard either, i just couldnt justify spending $100 on a vinyl rather pay a bit more and get my roof painted for $200

Old 11-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by VisualSeven
I ordered a piece 6 by 5 and cut it myself the sunroof isnt tht hard either, i just couldnt justify spending $100 on a vinyl rather pay a bit more and get my roof painted for $200
Well good thing you didnt buy my roof vinyl for me

Plus I wouldnt want to paint my roof If I ever want to sell my car, I'll peel it off! It would kill resale to have the roof black. And the matte look of plastidip wouldnt do it for me.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
... It would kill resale to have the roof black.
Not sure why everyone thinks this to be true. I wouldn't think it so as it is a matter of preference/observation. Most people who buy cars would hardly notice if your roof were gloss black as opposed to body colored as so many cars these days come with gloss black roof paint. Hell, even a Lexus ES comes with it sometimes. Not making a personal attack against you, I just don't think there is any proof to back up that claim. I could be wrong, but I have never seen anything to support that.

OP- that looks pretty nice from what I can see. I wouldn't do it as I prefer gloss myself, and I am not sure how well the texture will sit with the otherwise smooth paint. Well done though.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by sprix
Not sure why everyone thinks this to be true. I wouldn't think it so as it is a matter of preference/observation. Most people who buy cars would hardly notice if your roof were gloss black as opposed to body colored as so many cars these days come with gloss black roof paint. Hell, even a Lexus ES comes with it sometimes. Not making a personal attack against you, I just don't think there is any proof to back up that claim. I could be wrong, but I have never seen anything to support that.

OP- that looks pretty nice from what I can see. I wouldn't do it as I prefer gloss myself, and I am not sure how well the texture will sit with the otherwise smooth paint. Well done though.
I disagree with you but okay.

I think it is absolutely a matter of preference, and I also think potential buyers would notice the roof being black.

Although I dont have any "proof" to show it, anytime you modify a car from stock, especially in terms of cosmetic things, there is potential to limit buyers in the used car field. Especially when it comes to painting the roof black because it woul be expensive to repaint it back to stock if the new owner did not want a black roof. The fact is: no g35s come with bladck factory roofs and potential buyers WOULD notice it.

Last edited by Adro; 12-10-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
I disagree with you but okay.

I think it is absolutely a matter of preference, and I also think potential buyers would notice the roof being black.

Although I dont have any "proof" to show it, anytime you modify a car from stock, especially in terms of cosmetic things, there is potential to limit buyers in the used car field. Especially when it comes to painting the roof black because it woul be expensive to repaint it back to stock if the new owner did not want a black roof. The fact is: no g35s come with bladck factory roofs and potential buyers WOULD notice it.

Props to you for disagreeing without being disagreeable. People are too e-thug on forums these days.

Good points too btw.

The following users liked this post:
Adro (12-11-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by sprix
Not sure why everyone thinks this to be true. I wouldn't think it so as it is a matter of preference/observation. Most people who buy cars would hardly notice if your roof were gloss black as opposed to body colored as so many cars these days come with gloss black roof paint. Hell, even a Lexus ES comes with it sometimes. Not making a personal attack against you, I just don't think there is any proof to back up that claim. I could be wrong, but I have never seen anything to support that..
I'm afraid that those gloss black roofs that you reference are not painted they are actually panoramic sun roofs. They are glass from front to back. My Mercedes E Coupe has one and the Lexus ES is glass. Yes, people would notice especially if it's matte.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 AM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Cant wait for the pics!

B@t™

Old 01-27-2013, 11:26 PM
any pics?

B@t™

Old 01-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice way to save some $$.. i paid 150 to have my roof wrapped in vinyl. i told them i wanted gloss black but they used matte black instead. i didnt like it at first but it grew on me. i still think gloss looks better though

Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 AM
I like gloss as well, flows well esp in your windows are tinted .

B@t™

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Matte Black G35 Coupe Roof? Check it