painted the G with some mods PICS INSIDE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
I agree w Brooks. Did you ever get those headers in? How long n much?

Old 04-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Color turned out great.... but the headlights looks like crap.
Let me make sure I have this straight.
First you replaced quality OEM projectors with crap ebay lights.
Then you replaced forged OEM 19s with crap cast wheels.

Did you at least get a proper paint job? Glass removed, bumpers off, fenders off, trunk off, molding/weather stripping out, door jams, inside gas cover, 3 stage primer/base/clear not 1 stage. Ect.
Let me make sure I have it straight
First, you threw in your comment about his headlight
Then you make sure to throw in ANOTHER just in case he doesnt get your attention about his headlight choice again.
That also leads me to a few more questions
Why are you here on this board?
I mean, you bash on the G every chance you have when it comes to comparing with other cars.
You bash on people g35 mods every chance you have because it's rice TO YOU
Using the excuse of "trying to help" doesnt mean keep commenting in a sm4rt 455 way to people all the times.
so why stay here and continue to hate on people and the car ?

Last edited by ZkansasZ; 04-28-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by ZkansasZ
Then you make sure to throw in ANOTHER just in case he doesnt get your attention about his headlight choice again.
I mean, you bash on the G every chance you have when it comes to comparing with other cars.
Using the excuse of "trying to help" doesnt mean keep commenting in a sm4rt 455 way to people all the times.
First comment was prior to wheel swap. Semi-shocked to see he replaced the 2 most sought after items from the 06 G35 with lower quality chinese parts. The paint looks great but due to prior choices, it begs to question if the paint job was dont halfass too.
I have always hated crappy mods, it only seems I have bashed them more in the recent years simply because there are many more lower quality owners now.
I would never hate on the G35, I really love the G35. Only hate when people trash them. I mostly come out of borem and lingering hopes of seeing quality builds. Also kinda hoping to come across a 06 shell to buy and do a LS swap. Why are you so butthurt?

Old 04-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by ZkansasZ
Yep. You have him pegged.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 04-28-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:53 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
lol Im not butthurt. I think I speak for many of the people in here for sure.
I believe that he replaced it dued to his oem headlight got ruined. regardless, it is his choice, not yours or mine.
Im just annoyed of your attitudes toward the car and people's car mods that has nothing to do with you.
Lower quality owners? People mod their cars base on their money so who are you to judge them as lower quality owners?
well, if you are bored and want to poke on people, go ahead and be my guest
Im done speaking my share

Old 04-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
I apologize, I genuinely mispoke. I didnt mean lower quality owner in the sense you took it. I dont beleive a persons car really reflects on owner at all. I really ment owners that care less about quality now. Majority of current owners are more concered with looks and less with quality (ie replica wheels, fake cf wrap, HD lips, harness w/o harness bar, plasidip, ebay lights, ect). It is why I asked if the paint job was done correctly, or just an outside respray for apperance. Headlights and wheels can always be upgraded later, but if paint was done poorly, car is ruined.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dukehotty
Your car looks great but that silver grille is hurting my eyes and my feelings.
in the picture it's looks really silver but in person it blends in, was going to paint it black but thought it looked better the tinted color, might buy a extra grok just to try it out. Thanks for the compliments though.

Let me make sure I have this straight.
First you replaced quality OEM projectors with crap ebay lights.
Then you replaced forged OEM 19s with crap cast wheels.

Did you at least get a proper paint job? Glass removed, bumpers off, fenders off, trunk off, molding/weather stripping out, door jams, inside gas cover, 3 stage primer/base/clear not 1 stage. Ect.
These are full xenon lights and have better light output than my oem so i don't see how it was a downgrade. And yes i wanted a wider wheel for a affordable price and i couldn't pass up $800 for great size setup yes my paint was properly done.
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Have a lot of fun putting in those headers... thats freaky for me hah
My buddy who painted my car is installing them for $200
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
Dude your car looks good. Don't worry about the negative things people are going to say. None of them provided a dime to help you modify your car. Keep up the good work. Peace and blessings. Brooks out.
Thanks man I appreciate the positive vibe! Ghost Rider out.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Thanks again ZKansas and duke hottie for the support, I try and put quality parts but i have a kid now and I'd rather spend it on my family.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by socal black g
Thanks again ZKansas and duke hottie for the support, I try and put quality parts but i have a kid now and I'd rather spend it on my family.
good for you.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
i wouldnt say you have better output than your old projectors...thats kind of a stretch.
painted the G with some mods PICS INSIDE!-epthofz.png
my jectors with just upgraded bulbs. the projectors in these lights are pretty strong and can look even better with even a little modification
your new lights, from the pics shown, have 0 cutoff. that black car is close enough where it shouldve been way more visible. also from what looks like a phone pic, and may not speak volumes for them, the output is not very wide at all.

how did you ruin your oem lights?

Old 04-28-2014, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
how did you ruin your oem lights?
the spyder lights have a wider view imo and for distance hmmm idk they are pretty close ill try and get a pic with both cars side by side, and I ruined the lenses by cleaning the insides with windex like a dummy so it removed the coating inside.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:24 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Jersey, which bulbs did you use? Are they hard to install?

Old 04-28-2014, 10:49 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
On a positive note, your coupe looks great! If you like what you've done to your G, that's ...enjoy the ride!
Gary

Old 04-28-2014, 11:44 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
The car looks good man,love the color and the headlights look alright, but now that you have a kid you need to start thinking about safety. The difference between fail-safe and fail-unsafe options has to be of primary concern, I would recommend getting your hands on a set of OEM 19's if you can

Old 04-28-2014, 11:49 PM
Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts
It pisses me off to read how some people knit pick on what others have done to their car. Yes we can afford $4000 rims but why. I'd rather spend $2000 on rims and tires and spend the rest on my family. Unless my car is winning shows and I'm being sponsored than all the extra money spent is irrelevant. Over the past weekends I've met guys that have built and painted cars in their garage and their end result is outstanding. To those modifying their car the way they want. Pay no attention to the so called masses and do what works for you. GOD knows I do. Brooks out.

The following users liked this post:
socal black g (04-28-2014)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: painted the G with some mods PICS INSIDE!