painted the G with some mods PICS INSIDE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 11:55 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
On a positive note, your coupe looks great! If you like what you've done to your G, that's ...enjoy the ride!
Gary
Thanks man and yes everyone had there own styles and i respect that.

Originally Posted by Tukeeg35
The car looks good man,love the color and the headlights look alright, but now that you have a kid you need to start thinking about safety. The difference between fail-safe and fail-unsafe options has to be of primary concern, I would recommend getting your hands on a set of OEM 19's if you can
This car only gets driven once in a while cause i have a company car and we just got a new Cadillac xts so the baby will not be in the coupe and yes i still have my oem 19's as backup winter setup, and again thanks man for the concern of the safety of my new family its much appreciated!

Old 04-29-2014, 12:03 AM
Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts
OP love what you've done with the car, ballin on a budget is the way to do it. Majority of us on this forum do the mods we do for FORM over FUNCTION. I understand buying the highest quality parts if you're building a FULL FLEDGED race car, BUT, most of us mod for looks. Even if the parts aren't "authentic" it's for looks either way and they LOOK the same as the more expensive versions. Most of us aren't buying parts to withstand the battery or aerodynamics of racing. But I do have to say, did you ever look into finding the inner protective coating to the headlights that u ruined either in a spray-on or film? I think we all like the look of the OEM 06+ headlights better than anything else and fixing what you broke might have even been cheaper than buying the Spyders.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:15 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
It pisses me off to read how some people knit pick on what others have done to their car. Yes we can afford $4000 rims but why. I'd rather spend $2000 on rims and tires and spend the rest on my family. Unless my car is winning shows and I'm being sponsored than all the extra money spent is irrelevant. Over the past weekends I've met guys that have built and painted cars in their garage and their end result is outstanding. To those modifying their car the way they want. Pay no attention to the so called masses and do what works for you. GOD knows I do. Brooks out.
Why do people get so butthurt when someone doesnt agree with their views on mods? Yes I perfer quality over looks. What is so wrong with that? I am a fan of OEM quality projectors over ebay knock offs, I am a fan of forged wheels over chinese cast replicas. Why is it so wrong for someone to perfer safer equipment? Yes his paint job looks amazing, simply a beauitful color. But if it wasnt done properly in door jams, body panels off, 3 stage, yadda yadda... then it actually devalues the car and will have to be redone in a couple years. Then you end up paying even more for doing it twice. I know not everyones top priority is buying high quality parts. Majority of people here do perfer lower quality to achieve desired look. That is their choice. You dont have to get pissed off because others dont agree with that view.

OP I am sorry for junking up your thread. If you want I will delete all my comments.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by ZkansasZ
lol Im not butthurt. I think I speak for many of the people in here for sure.
I believe that he replaced it dued to his oem headlight got ruined. regardless, it is his choice, not yours or mine.
Im just annoyed of your attitudes toward the car and people's car mods that has nothing to do with you.
Lower quality owners? People mod their cars base on their money so who are you to judge them as lower quality owners?
well, if you are bored and want to poke on people, go ahead and be my guest
Im done speaking my share
Well said, he does this all the time.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts
I'm not butt hurt but, how much money did you provide in him molding his car. I use quality parts when nodding my coupe and I'm sure he does too. As for ebay. They sell quality merchandise from motordyne, tanabe, stillen, tubi, KW coil overs, as well as Ferrari, lamborghini, Aston Martin, and so forth as so on. If you're not going to provide any financial help, what gives you the right to put down and disrespect his and anyone else's modding choices. Yes, I can go out and spend thousands of dollars on modding but, who would I be pleasing myself or some people I don't know and haven't help me spend a dime on my car. Everything I do to my car I do for me and to improve my car's performance. So far I've got Fujita, exotic speed, tanabe and there are more mods to come and I do it all for me.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Red Card Crew

I'm not butt hurt but, how much money did you provide in him molding his car. I use quality parts when nodding my coupe and I'm sure he does too. As for ebay. They sell quality merchandise from motordyne, tanabe, stillen, tubi, KW coil overs, as well as Ferrari, lamborghini, Aston Martin, and so forth as so on. If you're not going to provide any financial help, what gives you the right to put down and disrespect his and anyone else's modding choices. Yes, I can go out and spend thousands of dollars on modding but, who would I be pleasing myself or some people I don't know and haven't help me spend a dime on my car. Everything I do to my car I do for me and to improve my car's performance. So far I've got Fujita, exotic speed, tanabe and there are more mods to come and I do it all for me.
Well said

Old 04-29-2014, 01:17 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
This car only gets driven once in a while cause i have a company car and we just got a new Cadillac xts so the baby will not be in the coupe and yes i still have my oem 19's as backup winter setup, and again thanks man for the concern of the safety of my new family its much appreciated!

Whewwww lol I was a little concerned, but if the G is just a weekend car then well done man! She looks amazing

Old 04-29-2014, 01:22 PM
Chinese cast varrstoens/rotas and ebay lights are far lower quality than the OEM parts that were replaced. Yes there are quality part available on ebay, but those were not what was used and is not what is commonly used. "Ebay parts" refers to the cheap chinese knock off parts that are most commonly sold on ebay. This is a commonly known refrence. Rarely do people go to ebay to buy forged wheels, they go to vendors.

When you post on public forums, you should be willing to accept both positive and negative critizims. Those posting negative comments have the same rights as those posting positive comments. If you love what you did, then what others think really should matter to you at all. You have no reason to get so worked up if your mods are truly for yourself as you claim.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:31 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
^^^ You got a wrangler now too?

Jeep Wrangler uses Chinese parts as oem

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/je...rts-15764.html

Old 04-29-2014, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Jeep Wrangler uses Chinese parts as oem

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/je...rts-15764.html
1. Neither I or anything else here owns a wrangler.
2. How does chinese supplied OEM power stearing gears for the Jeep Wrangler have anything at all to do with cast replica rims vs oem forged?

Old 04-29-2014, 01:42 PM
You know, I love my coupe. I probably look at it a thousand times a day, when I'm at work I take my break so I can look at it. I'm sure many others do as well. When I'm nodding my car I shop around and do my homework before I fork over my hard earned money and if ebay has what I want than that's where I'm buying it from. To those that want to put this man's car down and disrespect his modding choices. Let me ask you this. Let's say you're hanging out with your friends and your child is with you. You begin to hear someone saying disrespectful things about your child. What would you do. If you answered kick their ***, I would agree. Although, a car is not a child it's still your baby and NO ONE has the right to disrespect your baby. It doesn't matter if you've spent thousands on it or just a few hundred. NO ONE has the right to disrespect you baby.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:43 PM
Red Card Crew

You know, I love my coupe. I probably look at it a thousand times a day, when I'm at work I take my break so I can look at it. I'm sure many others do as well. When I'm nodding my car I shop around and do my homework before I fork over my hard earned money and if ebay has what I want than that's where I'm buying it from. To those that want to put this man's car down and disrespect his modding choices. Let me ask you this. Let's say you're hanging out with your friends and your child is with you. You begin to hear someone saying disrespectful things about your child. What would you do. If you answered kick their ***, I would agree. Although, a car is not a child it's still your baby and NO ONE has the right to disrespect your baby. It doesn't matter if you've spent thousands on it or just a few hundred. NO ONE has the right to disrespect you baby.
Well said. Ignore the hater up there. There's a big difference in constructive criticism and what he puts out there.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:50 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
1. Neither I or anything else here owns a wrangler.
2. How does chinese supplied OEM power stearing gears for the Jeep Wrangler have anything at all to do with cast replica rims vs oem forged?
You never recently owned one?

Chinese parts are Chinese parts.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:55 PM
I would never agree with that answer. Only ignorant people resort to physical violence. Not worth going to jail because some random person said something about your child. Like you said, a car is not a child and anology doesnt really apply anyways.
But yes, posting pictures of your car on a public car forum does infact give others the right to voice their opinions about it. Plus in that situation, I personally would much rather people be honest with me rather than lie and blow smoke up my ass. My second G35 I painted orange and I will be first to admit, it really didnt look good. It was a bad move on my part. I recieved both positive and negative feedback though, but I didnt fight with people about their opinions or act like they punched my baby.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:59 PM
You'll never understand

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: painted the G with some mods PICS INSIDE!