HRE 20" 540's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
yeah...i dont get it...the most lip i have seen without a widebody is 5" and that only works with specific wheels...you all are trippin

again...there is a lot that goes into making a wheel with a big lip. it depends on what the profile of the face (cross-section) looks like, and how low you can cut the backpad without hitting brakes or exposing hubs and axles. HRE's are very curvacious, and other brands that have bigger lips have a tendency to be very flat. I think a 4" lip is fine, but i guess if you've got to nitpick about something...

i give up...i like them, and everyone who has seen them in person seems to think they rule.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^you are mis-understanding my comment...i like your setup and was agreeing with you about the different brands...4" is a lot and is how much I have on my car...your rims are tight!

Old 02-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by CreativeAutoworks
You must seriously have a chip on your shoulder, where does, "you can never complain about HRE" have to do about how people like volk, iForged, or other wheels? If you didn't know HRE is the gold standard in custom wheels. To each his own, btw like I said before car looks pimp
I know hres are "gold" standard but they make different versions in order to "fit" with each car.

This is your whole quote "Car looks great! You can never complain about HRE... Baller status..." Like I said before, I wouldn't slap on something that's "baller status" unless it looks right. Go get you some lexani rims with jewels in them....they're "baller status"

Here are good looking hres on a G

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...=107894&page=2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Infin...spagenameZWDVW

Here is a bad looking hre on a G

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sho...p?ppuser=10675

but then these wheels look good on a 745. You misunderstood my comment completely. Again, this is a forum and to each and his own. If I like something, *** what other people say.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:55 PM
I would love to know the profit on HRE's. Do HRE's really cost double to make over say Iforged or DPE's? I know the quality is top notch but is it thousands of dollars better than say DPE? I just recently found out the approximate markups/profits on Rolex watches and it would make you sick. if I wanted to get a$$raped i would go to prison! I hate retail prices!

Old 02-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Cactus
I would love to know the profit on HRE's. Do HRE's really cost double to make over say Iforged or DPE's? I know the quality is top notch but is it thousands of dollars better than say DPE? I just recently found out the approximate markups/profits on Rolex watches and it would make you sick. if I wanted to get a$$raped i would go to prison! I hate retail prices!

We rep both brands, and am good friends with members of both manufactures, the DPE's are a 2 piece wheel, where as HRE is a 3 piece wheel, that in itself raises the prices on the wheels and put them into two different categories, also the detail involved in the design also raises costs. Basically if it spends more time on the machine then it will cost more. If you've every toured the HRE faculty and for those who are given that opportunity I hope you take it, you will actually see a guy in the back hand polishing wheels, every wheel is assembled by hand, and put through extensive testing to make sure that the wheel is true and flawless.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by TwoK4drSi
I know hres are "gold" standard but they make different versions in order to "fit" with each car.

This is your whole quote "Car looks great! You can never complain about HRE... Baller status..." Like I said before, I wouldn't slap on something that's "baller status" unless it looks right. Go get you some lexani rims with jewels in them....they're "baller status"

Here are good looking hres on a G

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...=107894&page=2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Infin...spagenameZWDVW

Here is a bad looking hre on a G

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sho...p?ppuser=10675

but then these wheels look good on a 745. You misunderstood my comment completely. Again, this is a forum and to each and his own. If I like something, *** what other people say.

i agree that those are nice wheels, and i would put all of them on my car. however, i am into more of a race style which is why i went with a standard lip, and a dark face. it is clear that you are into a plainer, cleaner look, and that is fine. i am happy with both.

it baffles me that you are making such a big deal about this, and how you continue to post on my thread with negative comments. you have made your point that you don't like my rims, and that is fine. after years of therapy i might get over the fact that i don't have your aproval. until then, don't you think that you have made your point?

Thank the rest of you for all of your comments, and if anyone in socal is interested in a tour of HRE please contact me, and i will show you what goes into making a fantastic set of wheels.

Last edited by protocav; 02-01-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wish i was in socal so i could get a tour of the HRE facilities....

Old 02-11-2006, 04:28 AM
wheels are amazing, saw them in person when he did my last installs. made my mayas bend. no joke. long story.