Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
hmmm, cast... vs forged! hmmmm

dictionary time:

Wikipedia "Cast" =
Casting is a process by which a material is introduced into a mold while it is liquid, allowed to solidify in the shape inside the mold, and then removed producing a fabricated object, part, or casting. Casting is often used for creating one or more copys of an original piece of sculptural (three-dimensional) artwork. It is also used extensively in the automobile manufacture industry, such as the casting of engine blocks or cylinder heads, or vacuum-forming of plastics and in the lost core process. The process, particularly when performed with molten metals, is also called founding.

Casting may be used to form hot, liquid metals or meltable plastics (called thermoplastics), or various materials that cold set after mixing of components such as certain plastic resins (e.g. epoxy), water setting materials such as concrete or plaster, and materials that become liquid or paste when moist such as clay, which when dry enough to be rigid is removed from the mold, further dried, and fired in a kiln.

Wikipedia "forged" =
Forging is the working of metal by plastic deformation. It is distinguished from machining, the shaping of metal by removing material (drilling, sawing, milling, turning, grinding, etc.), and from casting, wherein metal in its molten state is poured into a mold, whose form it retains on solidifying. The processes of raising, rolling, swaging, and drawing are essentially forging operations although they are not commonly so called because of the special techniques and tooling they require. Some of these techniques are shown in this animation of the forging of simple flat firetongs.

Forging results in metal that is stronger than cast or machined metal parts. This is because during forging the metal's grain flow changes, making it stronger and more ductile.

---------------------------------------

I have seen times where Wikipedia can be wrong, but the defintions above confirm what I remembered...

Forged is better.

Something to think about!!!

HMMMMM!!!!

Adrian

Old 05-07-2006, 11:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jimmytango00
they look pretty identical but mine were gramlight 57f pros ..i miss those wheels

since their identical you can probably get an idea of what they'd look like off my car ...

What size are these wheels? From the sites I have seen they on come in 17 and 18's. These definately do not look like 18's

Old 05-08-2006, 12:56 AM
from what I saw with the G games, the 1 piece rims are 17's and 18's and the two piece ones are 19's.... I guess it might be the same for the 57 F pro... which is the rim seen in that pic of Jimmy Tangooo's car. Perhaps someone else can chime in...

Adrian

Old 05-08-2006, 12:56 AM
THE BATMOBILE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
19's

Old 05-08-2006, 06:57 AM
lol woulda been smart if I actually answered the question and said 19's

HAH!

ANYONE HAVE PICS OF G GAMES 77 WoLF ON A G?

Adrian