03-06 Sedan Diamond Graphite/Brillant Silver/Desert Platinum Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 02:15 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,016 Likes on 791 Posts
sabertooth tiger
More stuff being done to the car this weekend/next week in preparation for Hot Import Nights.... pics to come

Old 02-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why does desert platinum look so good on some cars, and on mine it just looks beige?

don't have any pics hosted, not that it's anything worth looking at, bone stock...

Old 02-29-2008, 04:57 PM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by pjames
why does desert platinum look so good on some cars, and on mine it just looks beige?

don't have any pics hosted, not that it's anything worth looking at, bone stock...
don't be ashamed of being stock, pjames! flaunt that isht!

Old 02-29-2008, 10:07 PM
if you insist (:

they were taken before the rear endlinks were replaced, though the rear still sits low. pardon the poor image quality, i'm no pro photographer

Old 02-29-2008, 10:11 PM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
Nice ride - sedans FTW!!! I like the last picture the best - the way the headlights are beaming just kicks *** IMHO.

What do you have planned for the car?

Old 02-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
I remember when my car looked like that... kinda

Old 02-29-2008, 10:18 PM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
i totally remember when my car looked like that. the only "mod" i had was clear corners, hehe

Old 02-29-2008, 10:18 PM
to be honest, there's a list a mile long that i'd like to get done, but paying it off comes first, new summer tires this spring, i'd like to upgrade the sways, perhaps the rest of the suspension if i get a nice raise, i was tempted to change exhaust, but it seems it's improving with age. at some point i'll have to paint it, or at least the trunk lid, thin paint's been scratched and i've got rust showing through... love the car, and worth being poor for, (ended up with a 4 year loan rather than 5, so the payments are a fair bit larger than i was planning, but it will be payed off sooner...) yeah, i kinda wish the car was cleaner, but at this time of the year, good luck.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:27 PM
^^^ Oh my... careful my friend... the "Mod Bug" is no joke and is NO URBAN MYTH! When it bites, you are addicted!

Old 02-29-2008, 10:49 PM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by pjames
to be honest, there's a list a mile long that i'd like to get done, but paying it off comes first, new summer tires this spring, i'd like to upgrade the sways, perhaps the rest of the suspension if i get a nice raise, i was tempted to change exhaust, but it seems it's improving with age. at some point i'll have to paint it, or at least the trunk lid, thin paint's been scratched and i've got rust showing through... love the car, and worth being poor for, (ended up with a 4 year loan rather than 5, so the payments are a fair bit larger than i was planning, but it will be payed off sooner...) yeah, i kinda wish the car was cleaner, but at this time of the year, good luck.
i cannot recommend upgrading the suspension and sways enough. oh my G*d it makes a fvcking world of difference!! currently i'm sitting on unrevised 350z springs & shocks and i've got hotchkis sways on. result: it handles like an [expletive deleted] beast

regarding your scratched & rusting paint: go back to the dealership and buy some touch up paint - it shouldn't cost more than ~$10-15 for their combination brush/paint pen applicator. then ask someone who knows what they doing how to carefully get rid of the rust and apply the touch-up paint.
Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ Oh my... careful my friend... the "Mod Bug" is no joke and is NO URBAN MYTH! When it bites, you are addicted!
^ too true! at first i thought i'd just ride around in the car forever with no mods at all. i'd watched vodkarocket's G go through transformation after transformation and couldn't imagine myself doing anything remotely similar, or "wasting" that kind of money.

within a week of buying my car, vodkarocket got me my first mod, the clear corners and we did my first photoshoot. that's all it took. 1 measly fvcking week, lol.

since then, i'm a total addict. just for hot import nights i've got ~$1500 very very carefully chosen and spent dollars planned. my moto is: "budget modding" as much as i possibly can. make the least amount of $ go the longest distance. unfortunately, as my car becomes more modded, that is a lot easier said than done...

*sigh* oh well. i've resigned myself to the mod king and bow before him

Old 02-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by calcul8
just for hot import nights i've got ~$1500 very very carefully chosen and spent dollars planned. my moto is: "budget modding" as much as i possibly can. make the least amount of $ go the longest distance. unfortunately, as my car becomes more modded, that is a lot easier said than done...
My mods are always carefully chosen and planned... unfortunately the money spent doing it is most often wanton and not so carefully considered
but it keeps me from getting bored

Old 03-01-2008, 12:02 AM
I think we should all blame ttrank for this "mod bug" the first time i seen his sedan it was it, i wanted to make it look that good but with my own taste added to it. And many $$$ later Im still not even half way to what his car is. I had the same toughts jsut mild drop and tints make an intake and thats it......never happened, you just keep going and going like a energaizer bunny lol

Old 03-01-2008, 01:43 AM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by 03Sg35
I think we should all blame ttrank for this "mod bug" the first time i seen his sedan it was it, i wanted to make it look that good but with my own taste added to it. And many $$$ later Im still not even half way to what his car is. I had the same toughts jsut mild drop and tints make an intake and thats it......never happened, you just keep going and going like a energaizer bunny lol
yup, i know the feeling. vodkarocket's responsible for my mod-itis - he had an '05 IP sedan and i wanted to be like that, except in my own way. same thing, much $$$$ later, still nowhere near as exotic, off-the-wall and show-stopping as his sedan was.

well, there's always hope for pay raises and the price of mods going down, lol

Old 03-01-2008, 04:45 AM
Originally Posted by 03Sg35
Tim's car is nice... but the mod bug has been around long before that... I need to thank DaveO and SoCalTed (first 03 & 04 sedans) - 1 month after I got the car I went to a Toys For Tots car show that Ted always organizes... just happened to see it mentioned somewhere and it was at the Anaheim Pond near-by... I decided to check it out and met the two, they were very cool, super friendly and extremely helpful... let's face it, they were pushers

And I've been addicted every since.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:07 AM
Originally Posted by calcul8
yup, i know the feeling. vodkarocket's responsible for my mod-itis - he had an '05 IP sedan and i wanted to be like that, except in my own way. same thing, much $$$$ later, still nowhere near as exotic, off-the-wall and show-stopping as his sedan was.

well, there's always hope for pay raises and the price of mods going down, lol
lol Yeah im hoping to win the lotto so ttrank watch out...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 03-06 Sedan Diamond Graphite/Brillant Silver/Desert Platinum Pics