My G35X - Nismo A34's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now I know what my wife's car is going to look like. We just bought those exact wheels and her car is also BS. I just need to get her aero bumper repainted and paint the stock sides.

What size tire did you go with?

Old 09-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rlea27
do you have any pics? I saw a few guys talking about the H&R's in the X suspension thread... how do you like them?
They are quality springs, the ride is almost stock, but when you load your car with people or extra weight you definitely feel every nook and cranny of the road so you'll be going slower than usual since you'll be worried about your rims and suspension. On smooth roads, the handling is awesome, cornering, acceleration and braking really improved. Since I'm running on OEM shocks which are now under much higher stress loads, I'm slowly starting to notice a lot of bounce, especially in the rear. Oh and you will have to roll your rear fenders as well, since you are running 245/40-19's. Overall I'm really satisfied with the drop. You will find pics of my ride here: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...pped-h-rs.html

Old 09-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Ohio G Club Member
I'm running Falken FK452's 245/40's. Awesome tire i'm glad i spent the extra cash on them. Just an FYI 19's are a pricey tire size! I got them from a dealership in Illinois... Hawkinson Nissan... through ebay. The seller is hawknissan... awesome to work with. Although i bought a set maybe two weeks ago and they lowered their price $100 since. $570 shipped... crazy for forged rays wheels...

Old 09-11-2008, 12:51 AM
acr
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
$570 shipped for those wheels? That's cheap as ***

Old 09-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Nice setup. I have an 05X I've had project after project, I'm on H&R's right now with blown oem shocks. Koni yellow custom valved ($$$$$$ ouch lol) sports shocks back to me in about 10days. Huge fan of light forged wheels, I just hunted down a mint set of 4 non-staggered rear coupe 19's that I dropped off to be powdercoated glossy black, can't wait to get them on and feel the weight difference. H&R's are by far the best mod out of all EVER on my X after 3 or 4 sets of springs.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Thanks Kazaam I actually saw your posts in the X suspension thread and thats what got me thinking about the H&R's. Not sure if I want to deal with the shock problems just yet. The wheels are pretty crazy and I couldn't believe the price. I was originally trying for some M Sport Wheels when I found these.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Kazaam35x
Nice setup. I have an 05X I've had project after project, I'm on H&R's right now with blown oem shocks. Koni yellow custom valved ($$$$$$ ouch lol) sports shocks back to me in about 10days. Huge fan of light forged wheels, I just hunted down a mint set of 4 non-staggered rear coupe 19's that I dropped off to be powdercoated glossy black, can't wait to get them on and feel the weight difference. H&R's are by far the best mod out of all EVER on my X after 3 or 4 sets of springs.

Post up the pics when you get those 19's on.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:12 PM
i was wondering if anyone has found the best lowering springs for the G35X so far. I recenlty got 19in wheels and i am waiting to lower my G to put them on. I was wondering if anyone has any links to pics with X's without a lowered suspension so that i could see how it looks.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by rlea27
Posted a few times on the site but finally wanted to show you guys my G. Thanks for all of the awesome info on the site!... I know I need a to drop it but haven't found the right kit. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Sorry for the blackberry pics i'll try and get some better ones when its lowered. I just picked it up on August 1st so I feel like I've been pretty busy on it.

rlea, i was wondering what suspension mod did you go with in lowering your X?

Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Ohio G Club Member
I actually haven't lowered it yet. I have the the snow shoes on right now so probably early spring before I make a final decision. I'm really leaning toward the H&R's based on the Kazaam's recommendation. Still not sure what I'm going to do about shocks though. The X lowering thread has a ton of good info and pics if you haven't checked it out yet. Its worth the time it will take to scan it.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:46 AM
yeah i have the stock 5 spokes on right now and i dont think i will be able to control myself and resist puting on the M45 wheels. I searched the "calling all X with a lower suspension" thread and got up to page 50. I just couldn't take the frustration anymore of people going off topic. There seems to be a back and forth between the different types of springs that just leads to confusion. I am honestly starting to regret getting an "X". In your picture, it doesn't look that bad without the lowering springs. I have been reading up on the "X" lowering obtion for some time now. It seems, the best obtion is not to lower at all and save your self the contiued expense of shocks. Would you happend to have some links to other pictures of "X" without the lowering springs? (moderator that would be a good sticky for reseachers), so that i can get a general feeling of how my car will look with 19's and not lowered.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Ohio G Club Member
I totally agree with you on that thread it's pretty painful. I've considered leaving it and I can live with it. My problem starts when my friends from work park next to me with lowered STi's, Evo, Supra, and my car looks like a donk in between them. I'm going to look more into the Coupe/Z combo and see where that takes me. BTW M45 wheels are a great choice on wheels, if i hadn't found these for the price I did I would have a set.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Ohio G Club Member
you might have looked at this already but...

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...ht=non+lowered

Old 12-16-2008, 04:01 PM
didn't see this thread. going to read it and see what i come up with. You know, i was first thinking of getting the wheels you have in the picture but then i found the M45 wheel deal and changed my mind. your are nice. Dont know how much you paid , but check your PM and let me know if its comparable.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:11 PM
springs asap

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G35X - Nismo A34's