My G35 - few mods, first picts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea i got the same answer from someone else and im hesitant about dremelling out part of the headlight, and i dont have the clear covers like you got with your kit although I could probably get some at a hardware store. thanks for the answer though

Old 09-18-2008, 07:27 AM
nice.........

Old 10-06-2008, 12:14 AM
A few more picts to illustrate my new aluminum pedal kit against my willow interior:

BTW - it was a DEAD easy install. Everyone seems to have issues with the brake/clutch pedals, but simply by preboiling them and then using some silicone lubricant, these babies went on in less then 5 minutes total (together). Install of the entire kit took me about 20 minutes. Hardest thing was probably getting the gas pedal off 'cause I couldn't figure out what people were talking about regarding the clip.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:25 PM
any thoughts guys?

Old 10-07-2008, 05:56 PM
yeap!

Here's a thought... demon eyes are sexxxxxxyyyy! Nice work bro! I honestly read every post I could find on the eyes and I still have a couple of questions...

1. For installation, take headlight apart blahblah then, a little silicone on the top of the angel eye and mount it? Then splice two wires and ballast's go where?

2. At what light position are the angel eyes on? I would like them and the side marker lights on only, and then when I flip actual headlight switch on, I would like headlights, halos, and side markers. Is that how it will be?

3. What temp are yours?

Thanks brotha!

Ro

Old 10-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by thehitt
1. For installation, take headlight apart blahblah then, a little silicone on the top of the angel eye and mount it? Then splice two wires and ballast's go where?

2. At what light position are the angel eyes on? I would like them and the side marker lights on only, and then when I flip actual headlight switch on, I would like headlights, halos, and side markers. Is that how it will be?

3. What temp are yours?
1. I just zip tied the ballast to the headlight wires - they are pretty stiff and wrapped in a tube to keep them together. I suspect that they won't move enough that it will be a problem. There really wasn't another good place to put them.

2. I wired my angel eyes into the parking lights - what I mean by this is that little tiny light (bulb=168) in the housing of the H4 headlight (ie. lower reflector). Just tap into the red wire heading in there, and they will go on just with parking lights (ie. with side markers) and then they will also be on when you turn your headlights on.

3. Mine are 6000K and I am VERY happy with them. Wouldn't want them any bluer. Here are the ones I got (great deal - get them on ebay if you want them from AAC as they can't sell them this cheap on their site):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...0303QQtcZphoto

Hope this helps!

Glad to hear you like the halos. I suspect that is the mod that will get my car the most looks on this site.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:31 PM
man.those angel rings look absolutely sick. Im def feeling them.congrats.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
I'd love to get halos, but I don't have time to do that work. Wish there was a shop that could do that in Houston.

btw, clubs are useless--hacksaw the steering wheel in 10 seconds, club is gone, hot wire and bye-bye. Get lojack instead.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by Texan1
btw, clubs are useless--hacksaw the steering wheel in 10 seconds, club is gone, hot wire and bye-bye. Get lojack instead.
Meh - more of a visual deterent. If someone wants to steal my car bad enough to hacksaw the steering wheel, they can have it. I'll just get another G35 . I will check out the lojack though. Thanks.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Nice pedals but those floor mats gotta go. Grab some OEM G mats.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How long ago did you install the demon eyes? Just wondering if you had any condensation so far? Thinking about it for mine...
It looks AWESOME!!! BTW I almost got desert platinum...wanted the dark interior though.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Are those wheels made by RAYs do you know?

Old 10-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey smokey, I saw a similar car arround ryerson university. was it you?

Old 10-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by naughty240
Nice pedals but those floor mats gotta go. Grab some OEM G mats.
I have the oem ones, but with the amount of dirt that accumulates I really don't want to ruin them. I figure if I ever go to a meet or if I sell the car, I'll stick the original mats back in. There are some things though that just have to be more for convenience sake. Otherwise I'd always be freaking out when people got into my car with wet shoes. And with all the snow and salt on our roads up here in the winter, the OEM mats wouldn't last long.

The mats I have in there are infiniti all weather mats. At least they match the interior and fit the contour of the floor.

Fine fine...I guess I clean them. that'll be a little better, right? lol

Old 10-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by AJaxx80
How long ago did you install the demon eyes? Just wondering if you had any condensation so far? Thinking about it for mine...
It looks AWESOME!!! BTW I almost got desert platinum...wanted the dark interior though.
No condensation, but I had to reopen one of the headlights cause one of the stupid yellow luminics bulbs I had in it exploded. Take a look at this thread if you are interested.

https://g35driver.com/forums/lightin...-included.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G35 - few mods, first picts