My 05 Sedan Dropped on BC Racing Coils

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
^Darrick and I found out the hard way

Marcus....my wife use to drive my car too....now, she won't even back it down the driveway lol

Old 02-24-2009, 01:12 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by dkhuynh
The manual is kinda weaksauce. I got the rears installed wrong the first time from the shop. The adjustment was on the bottom and the springs were on the top (thats how the first version of BC were). It's actually the other way around now.
Yeah when reading through it I realized it was pretty worthless. I saw that thread debating how to install the rear, mine are installed correctly.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:15 AM
ill Sedan

Originally Posted by darrick
make sure you listen to g35papa about the spc arms car looks amazing bro
Thanks man. I looked up the SPL front arms...those suckers are expensive. Looks like I'll be running some negative camber up front for a while. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll definitely save up and get those so I won't have to change them (and end up spending more) down the road.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey marcus, i picked up the bcs from josh as well. he took really good care of me, but i got the spc rear camber kit from another vendor that beat the combo. but... maybe we can get spl front arms together save money! woot!

Old 02-24-2009, 01:59 AM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Infiniti G35 Sedan Nismo Aero Sport Package
stiffer is always good Marcus, love the freeway exits and tight turns trying to beat the yellow before redlights on a left or right turn. Other than that it seems like everyone loves their BC Coilover suspension. I'm stuck with these Buddy Club Racing Spec Damper coilover suspension. The only thing is the rears have spring on Damper not like BC where you have them seperated.

My girl is able to drive my G, just gotta trust them and teach them

Old 02-24-2009, 02:43 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Looks like the buddy club you have are a true coilover setup. The ones Marcus got are a OEM style (seperate sprint and shock). Aside from the spring rates, the difference in some of these coilovers are a mono-tube design vs a steel dual tube (or whatever it's called...I forget).

IIRC BC are a mono tube which is a better built shock.

Don't mean to muck up your thread Marcus but just wanted to clarify that I wasn't trying to bash SPC front A-arms but from my own experience and from other members I've seen on this board with the same issue, if you run your G with a more aggressive drop, the front arms have been known to knock over certain bumps.

The rear SPC camber kits have no issues at all.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:59 AM
nothing wrong with negative camber bro... youre gonna need some anyway if you want to run decent offsets with your current ride height

be prepared to buy tires too... my negative camber is the reason why im on my 18s right now

Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Thanks man. I looked up the SPL front arms...those suckers are expensive. Looks like I'll be running some negative camber up front for a while. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll definitely save up and get those so I won't have to change them (and end up spending more) down the road.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:37 AM
negative camber is good if you can adjust how much negative you want it
my rears were -3.0 on one side and -1.0 on the other.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:12 AM
ill Sedan

Originally Posted by dahkyne
nothing wrong with negative camber bro... youre gonna need some anyway if you want to run decent offsets with your current ride height

be prepared to buy tires too... my negative camber is the reason why im on my 18s right now
I was already running like -2.5 up front and -2.1 or so in the rear. I always got even wear straight across in the rear tires though. The way I drive I go through rear tires pretty quickly, the fronts last twice as long.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:12 AM
ill Sedan

Originally Posted by G35papa
Looks like the buddy club you have are a true coilover setup. The ones Marcus got are a OEM style (seperate sprint and shock). Aside from the spring rates, the difference in some of these coilovers are a mono-tube design vs a steel dual tube (or whatever it's called...I forget).

IIRC BC are a mono tube which is a better built shock.

Don't mean to muck up your thread Marcus but just wanted to clarify that I wasn't trying to bash SPC front A-arms but from my own experience and from other members I've seen on this board with the same issue, if you run your G with a more aggressive drop, the front arms have been known to knock over certain bumps.

The rear SPC camber kits have no issues at all.
No worries Chris, thanks for the info!

Old 02-24-2009, 11:05 AM
wow! and your old setup wasn't as low as mine, but they gave you more negative than i thought. if you keep your current settings, you should be able to run offsets somewhere in the low-mid 20s all around

Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
I was already running like -2.5 up front and -2.1 or so in the rear. I always got even wear straight across in the rear tires though. The way I drive I go through rear tires pretty quickly, the fronts last twice as long.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:08 AM
ill Sedan

Originally Posted by dahkyne
wow! and your old setup wasn't as low as mine, but they gave you more negative than i thought. if you keep your current settings, you should be able to run offsets somewhere in the low-mid 20s all around
That's because I didn't have my fenders rolled, so they didn't correct for the negative camber during my alignment, it would have caused me to rub. Should have rolled my fenders a long time ago!

Old 02-24-2009, 12:18 PM
^ - oh.... that's right! i remember that now...

Old 02-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd pic is on the money!!

Old 02-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
i have bc coilovers too. do you have a problem with that clunking noise in the rear when you go over an uneven part of the road? im slammed too but you look lower how many inchs are you lowered all around. im maxed in the rear and if i remember i did 3½ upfront. car looks great

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 05 Sedan Dropped on BC Racing Coils