Old 01-02-2011, 01:41 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Well deserved....congrats

Old 01-02-2011, 02:01 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by 04G35NYC
I think your car is PERFECT. One thing i did notice tho on the last picture is how far the HKS tips are from the Nismo lip.
Thanks man. I never even thought twice about the tips looking tucked or anything. Looking back at the pics the tips do look kinda tucked into the Nismo lip, like in the side profile pic, but in person I can tell you it doesn't look weird at all. I just looked back at the pics I did for Chris (g35papa), his HKS sits in the exact same location in relation to the Nismo rear lip as mine does.

Last edited by CandlestickPark; 01-02-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:42 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 118 Likes on 75 Posts
hey Marcus can you pm me some pictures or a link with some of your rear fitment up close from tire to fender and the gap please :-) thanks buddy i have seen them before and when i search threw your threads its hard to find the exact one i seen before cause you have so many sick thread and i get side tracked

Old 01-02-2011, 11:09 AM
ill Sedan

Here you go Chris, no fender gap.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:16 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
yea i saw that one but i was looking for more of like from back bumper along the side so i can see exactly how far the wheel sits out close up ... i seen a few other you had but they were from the front to the back ... blain told me just to get a 35mm spacer up front 215/35 and 225/35 and dump the front lol thats if i decide to keep stock bumper .. im really thinking just going with a 225/235 set up and at my buddys shop he said we can play with spacers to get it where i want it .. cause from your pictures it looks like you have a little gap from side of the tire wall to the inside of the fender unless thats just the angle .... iv never really seen stretch tires in person on a sedan cause no one in florida like to step up the game lol

Last edited by SN00P; 01-02-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:25 AM
ill Sedan

This one is out of focus on the back wheel (on purpose) but you get the idea of the poke

From the back

Another one a photog friend took at a show

Old 01-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
The car is sick and the engine bay is pure sex! The only a couple things I'm not a fan of. All the stickers are a trend that just clutters up the back and cheapens the look a little imo. Cars that are more drift oriented and banged up a little I think can pull them off a little better but a clean *** car like yours, not so much. I'd like to see maybe a nicer set of wheels too but the car doesn't look bad by any means with the Nismo's but some higher end wheels would set the car off BIG time.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:03 PM
ill Sedan

Originally Posted by never gone
The car is sick and the engine bay is pure sex! The only a couple things I'm not a fan of. All the stickers are a trend that just clutters up the back and cheapens the look a little imo. Cars that are more drift oriented and banged up a little I think can pull them off a little better but a clean *** car like yours, not so much. I'd like to see maybe a nicer set of wheels too but the car doesn't look bad by any means with the Nismo's but some higher end wheels would set the car off BIG time.
Thanks man.

I understand where you are coming from on the stickers. This is why I run them:
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
I must admit that I was super anit-sticker when I first joined this site. What made me start running them was becoming friends with the guys at RareJDM. They used to put on a monthly meet that was practically a car show. All the guys in SoCal (LA area) would show up once a month, it was awesome! When I got an engine harness cover I wanted to rep for them to promote their company.

Fast forward to today and I'm running a bunch of stickers on my back windshield. I am friends with and/or have personally met and talked with all of the people who started these sites. They are my friends, support my photography, have featured my car and I contribute to their blogs/sites.

Wrong Fitment Crew - Friends with one of the founding members, he did my HF Approved feature. The guys in this group really encourage me to go more aggressive.

Fatlace/Illest/HF Approved - I've met the founder of FL, cool guy. They support my photography and have featured my car.

Canibeat - Friends with the founders of this blog. I am an exclusive photographer for their site. My car has had a "mini" feature there.

Stance:Nation - Friends with the founder of this blog. They support my photography and have done a "mini' feature of my car.

Marcus Cooke Photography - this guy's photography rocks!

Juststance - Friends with the founder of this blog. Had a featured evaluation on this site. I am an evaluator for the site and they support my photography

On my front windshield I'm running RareJDM, Marcus Cooke Photography and AutoExplosion banners as well as another Canibeat box sticker. On the side I'm running RRYDE stickers, my car wouldn't be where it was today without Randy's help and guidance.

I say all of this to say that I don't run stickers lightly or just cause I think they look cool. You won't find any "I hate speedbumps" or "I love haters" or "stay black" (although I love that one...LOL) stickers on my car. I only run stickers of those who I personally know and support my car and photography.
Higher end wheels than Nismo LMGT4s by Rays Engineering? These wheels, when they were being made, cost as much as some Work/Volk and are very light weight (20 lbs) and high quality (forged). They are a "simple" 5-spoke design, but I wouldn't say that they weren't high end.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Yea Marcus, ditch those wheels for some nice ones!

send them to me

Old 01-02-2011, 12:38 PM
ill Sedan

^Bwahaha, yeah Steve you and a few others are waiting for me to get "nice" wheels...hehe.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Thanks man.

I understand where you are coming from on the stickers. This is why I run them:

Higher end wheels than Nismo LMGT4s by Rays Engineering? These wheels, when they were being made, cost as much as some Work/Volk and are very light weight (20 lbs) and high quality (forged). They are a "simple" 5-spoke design, but I wouldn't say that they weren't high end.
I hear you on the stickers, that makes sense. Again, no disrespect to your wheel as I know Nismos are very good quality. However stock sport wheels are Rays too and are also great quality but most people/judges won't consider them higher end wheels. For myself, wheels really set off a car more than just about anything we do to our cars. I think they're one of the first things we notice when we look at cars. Again, your wheels are FOR SURE nice but I don't think most people when looking at your car would say wow those wheels are sick. Again, NOT being disrespectful, just throwing my opinion out there.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:20 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^You might be surprised.

A lot of people (not G owners) that I show pics of Marcus' car comment on how well his wheels fit the theme.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:22 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
+1 simple and hella CLEAN !!!!!! with tons and tons of bling I LOVE IT !!!!

Old 01-02-2011, 03:40 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Car is f'in perfect lol...definitely in my top 5 on here Marcus what intake are you using?

Old 01-02-2011, 04:16 PM
ill Sedan

Originally Posted by never gone
I hear you on the stickers, that makes sense. Again, no disrespect to your wheel as I know Nismos are very good quality. However stock sport wheels are Rays too and are also great quality but most people/judges won't consider them higher end wheels. For myself, wheels really set off a car more than just about anything we do to our cars. I think they're one of the first things we notice when we look at cars. Again, your wheels are FOR SURE nice but I don't think most people when looking at your car would say wow those wheels are sick. Again, NOT being disrespectful, just throwing my opinion out there.
No disrespect taken at all man you are entitled to your opinion.

The wheels were a popular choice for Zs (many of them got them in 18s for performance), but not many Gs running them at all. I'm only 1 of 2 G35 Sedans running them in 19s and the first to have them in 19s. I've actually gotten very good reception from them at shows and meets. People always want to buy them off me...LOL.

Of course sitting next to a set of wheels with large polished lips and custom finished faces they aren't going to look "higher end", I agree.

Originally Posted by JaE35
Car is f'in perfect lol...definitely in my top 5 on here Marcus what intake are you using?

Thanks man. I have a FuRookie intake. Its similar to the Fujita but the MAF sensor plugs into the underside of the intake and the hose doesn't come out of the top of the intake but on the underside so it isn't visible. They were done in a limited run, so they are no longer available.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "California's Ill Sedan" - Juststance.com Featured Evaluation #7