VIDEO 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear pulls.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Here is a slightly different clip WITHOUT trying to kill myself or anyone else. Shifting to 2nd was a little late. I cant see the RPMs well.

Last edited by Andrei; 11-07-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice pulls, confused as to what you are trying to show us though.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrei
A mod will change the title for you since it's that important to you. What kind of title would you suggest?
what makes you think it's important to me? I simply said I dont get it because the title and your post didnt jibe with the vid... and I'm not sure what your point was... apparently I'm not the only one... I guess it was pointless for me to ask - because you have been any clearer with your responses...

Originally Posted by Bestswat
Nice pulls, confused as to what you are trying to show us though.
dont ask - apparently it offends him

Old 11-07-2010, 07:53 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
what makes you think it's important to me? I simply said I dont get it because the title and your post didnt jibe with the vid... and I'm not sure what your point was... apparently I'm not the only one... I guess it was pointless for me to ask - because you have been any clearer with your responses...
Mike I don't think he had a point, at least I didn't see one/read one. He just wanted to share vids of his speedo/tach under hard acceleration I guess.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:12 PM
When this guy posted the same vid I don't remember anyone being confused as to what it was about, maybe what the problem is that my sedan is faster than most sedans here that are slammed on stretched tires with a pretty body kit. Actually a lot of people here request clips (especially from ttrank) of the gauge cluster to show how fast the car accelerates. That's the point, it's like a special ed class in here. To show acceleration. That's the point.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:32 PM
ill Sedan

When this guy posted the same vid I don't remember anyone being confused as to what it was about, maybe what the problem is that my sedan is faster than most sedans here that are slammed on stretched tires with a pretty body kit. Actually a lot of people here request clips (especially from ttrank) of the gauge cluster to show how fast the car accelerates. That's the point, it's like a special ed class in here. To show acceleration. That's the point.
How would having a Sedan that's dropped low with flush fitment and a nice body kit contribute to one not understanding the point of this thread...LOL.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Andrei, so basically you are showing us the acceleration of your 6mt with the current mods correct? Well mine is still faster than yours lol j/k man don't trip. Are you going t do any further mods?

Old 11-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndx_Jg5dEn8
Oh I get it, you're trying to be like Tim (ttrank) and whoever is in the vid above (which I didnt watch)... okay, I get it.

But what does this mean?:
Once I get all that sorted out I'm expecting a HUGE drop in 0-60mph time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meiQ283rFr8
The vid didnt even have a 0-60 (in fact it didnt have any of what the title says)... it had 0-40 (showing how fast your leave a stop light and get to speed limit I guess?)... the rest were from a 20-25mph roll to 60, not sure what the relevance to that is...

But now that you've explained that you're trying to be like other videos - okay... but I still dont know what the point is.

BTW I dont even know the vid above, what does the fact that no one was confused about it when it was posted have to do with this thread?... why wouldn't you post a link to the thread instead of the video, now I'm curious to see if his/her point was more concise than yours.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by speeddream
Andrei, so basically you are showing us the acceleration of your 6mt with the current mods correct? Well mine is still faster than yours lol j/k man don't trip. Are you going t do any further mods?
Yes. Some future mods are tuning with Osiris on E85, new clutch, f/r differential bushings, Nismo pivot ball and roller bearing, mrev2, Cosworth plenum. Also a CJM fuel system with a SP triple pump hanger if I can find one.

Much later I'll get a tuner SFR TT kit.
Originally Posted by OCG35
The vid didnt even have a 0-60 (in fact it didnt have any of what the title says)... it had 0-40 (showing how fast your leave a stop light and get to speed limit I guess?)... the rest were from a 20-25mph roll to 60, not sure what the relevance to that is...
The title will soon change once moderators get online.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:11 PM
ill Sedan

Yes. Some future mods are tuning with Osiris on E85, new clutch, f/r differential bushings, Nismo pivot ball and roller bearing, mrev2, Cosworth plenum. Also a CJM fuel system with a SP triple pump hanger if I can find one.

Much later I'll get a tuner SFR TT kit.
Tune and the mrev will give you great gains.

I'm curious how you chose the Cosworth over a MD spacer (or another aftermarket plenum). I only ask because from what I've read the Cosworth doesn't give you gains on an NA engine, you'd only see the benefit from the plenum once you are boosted.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:18 PM
I read the Kinetix SSV plenum doesn't have gains N/A, not the Cosworth. I am in fact expecting gains N/A and I will dyno before and after.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:21 PM
ill Sedan

Yeah I've read the Kinetix SSV doesn't give you gains, but IIRC the Cosworth was on that list too, I'll see if I can find the thread. The APS, Crawford and Kinetix V+ all have gains for NA.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Yeah I've read the Kinetix SSV doesn't give you gains, but IIRC the Cosworth was on that list too, I'll see if I can find the thread. The APS, Crawford and Kinetix V+ all have gains for NA.
I never seen that info and I keep a close watch. If you can find it that be great.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:27 PM
ill Sedan

Old 11-07-2010, 09:31 PM
ill Sedan

Here's a good post from my350z

Originally Posted by InjectedPerformance
The Cosworth plenum was designed with forced induction in mind. As a result, our most impressive gains have all been on forced induction applications. I cannot speak as highly for the results on naturally aspirated setups. It will flow as well as a 5/16" Motordyne plenum spacer.

One particular single turbo setup had gains of ~40 whp over a stock manifold throughout the entire upper portion of the powerband. This is not guaranteed for every turbo setup, but it does have the capacity to drastically improve airflow at the higher end.

If anyone has any setup-dependent questions regarding the Cosworth manifold, feel free to email me directly at ryan@injectedperformance.com.
Another thread on my350z to check out: http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhau...ke-plenum.html

So there are gains on the Cosworth on NA engines, just not any more than a MD Spacer (dynos actually show less gains), so its just not very cost effective at all. I should also note that it replaces your upper and lower plenums, so you wouldn't use the mrev with it.

Last edited by CandlestickPark; 11-07-2010 at 09:42 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VIDEO 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear pulls.