My 03 G35 Sedan Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My 03 G35 Sedan Progress Thread

Alright so iv had this car for a little over about 4-5 months i believe.
Its come a long way somewhat.
As of now little things will be added here and there.

When i first got the G.

Painted the rims back to stock color.

Bought a DD from a member on here. Also i went ahead and installed LEDS.

Went wingless.

Visors installed.

As of now im currently modding the front grill.

Installed trunk rear lip.

Last edited by MannyFresh; 12-07-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i like!!!! (fellow white g35 sedan owner :-)

Old 08-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
It's coming along nicely...you know what..painting rims back to stock color really made it stand out cleanly from the black it had...paint the sides and rear and it'll change the car a lot but job well done...hate to say it but the wood trim has to go...sorry..looking forward to finished product

Old 08-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
need to lose the wood trim all together bro...other than that keep up the modding

and throw in those bride seats i see in the background LOL

Old 08-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
You asked for C&C and I have some Vodka in me so here goes

Wood is so 90's....only wood i like is morning wood and wifey takes care of that.....mmmmkkkk

Seats are kinda dirty and I would swap in CLEAN coupe seats if you can..they hold you better. If not clean the crap out of the seat or have them redone

Your headlights buff them out with the Turtle wax headlight restoration kit

Throw in a plenum spacer to help with power

Do you have any sort of audio system or do you like factory.

Can you tune your ecu or not.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by faiz23
You asked for C&C and I have some Vodka in me so here goes

Wood is so 90's....only wood i like is morning wood and wifey takes care of that.....mmmmkkkk

Seats are kinda dirty and I would swap in CLEAN coupe seats if you can..they hold you better. If not clean the crap out of the seat or have them redone

Your headlights buff them out with the Turtle wax headlight restoration kit

Throw in a plenum spacer to help with power

Do you have any sort of audio system or do you like factory.

But as i stated money is tight. If you would like to send some through paypal ill be more than overwelmed. =]

Can you tune your ecu or not.
To much info on first sentence lol.

Seats are from a coupe... yes interior is dirty will be getting all of it cleaned and seats will be re-done.

Headlights dont care much for since i will be ordering new ones within the month or so.

As for the spacer/ecu i honestly think its a waste of my time/money. not building my car for speed... pretty much building it for me and to my point of view. And the speakers are bose so im fine with those.

Last edited by MannyFresh; 09-19-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by MannyFresh
To much info on first sentence.

Seats are froma coupe... yes interior is dirty will getting all of it cleaned and seats will be re-done.

Headlights dont care much for since i will ordering new ones within the month or so.

As for the spacer/ecu i honestly think its a waste of my time/money. not building my car for speed... pretty much building it for me and to my point of view. And the speakers are bose so im fine with those.
TMI...but oh well hahaha..rather be honest and blunt that shy and coward.

What is wrong with your headlights that you are ordering new ones or you want a retrofit. What lights are you ordering OEM or aftermarket.

ECU tuning is down the road since you are adding many changes to your exhaust system like header, y pipe, less restrictive mid pipe and hi flow filter. You might be running rich after adding all those parts and having a tune will not only get you more power but give you more usable power and extract every little bit of power along with making your car safer by running the correct AFR. Reason I asked is you might not even be able to do a tune if you car does not have the newer ecu for the 2003.5 model . I think you are fine since your is a 03.5 due to no doggy door.

https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-d...technical.html

I find it awkward that you say you do not care about speed or power. I agree the VQ35de motor is a big POS and extremely inefficient for creating power. Why spend $$$ and all that time installing headers when you do not care about speed and power.

What are your plans for the seat are you doing like custom upholstery on it. I do not want to clog up your thread and apologize for all the rambling. If you want PM me and we can chat, if not no biggie. Car is coming together nicely for only 4-5 months and I am looking forward to the next changes you have planned.

Edit: Rims look a 1000x better in the new color versus black

Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Kayzer Soze
i like!!!! (fellow white g35 sedan owner :-)
Thank you sir

Originally Posted by G Dilla
It's coming along nicely...you know what..painting rims back to stock color really made it stand out cleanly from the black it had...paint the sides and rear and it'll change the car a lot but job well done...hate to say it but the wood trim has to go...sorry..looking forward to finished product
I plan on painting the bottom as soon i can get the k2 front bumper.

Originally Posted by G_VQ3577
need to lose the wood trim all together bro...other than that keep up the modding

and throw in those bride seats i see in the background LOL
Wood kit is a 50/50.
The Bride seat i actually sold to my buddy.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by faiz23
TMI...but oh well hahaha..rather be honest and blunt that shy and coward.

What is wrong with your headlights that you are ordering new ones or you want a retrofit. What lights are you ordering OEM or aftermarket.

ECU tuning is down the road since you are adding many changes to your exhaust system like header, y pipe, less restrictive mid pipe and hi flow filter. You might be running rich after adding all those parts and having a tune will not only get you more power but give you more usable power and extract every little bit of power along with making your car safer by running the correct AFR. Reason I asked is you might not even be able to do a tune if you car does not have the newer ecu for the 2003.5 model . I think you are fine since your is a 03.5 due to no doggy door.

https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-d...technical.html

I find it awkward that you say you do not care about speed or power. I agree the VQ35de motor is a big POS and extremely inefficient for creating power. Why spend $$$ and all that time installing headers when you do not care about speed and power.

What are your plans for the seat are you doing like custom upholstery on it. I do not want to clog up your thread and apologize for all the rambling. If you want PM me and we can chat, if not no biggie. Car is coming together nicely for only 4-5 months and I am looking forward to the next changes you have planned.

Edit: Rims look a 1000x better in the new color versus black
As for the headlights if you see clearly, you can notice that the left is a chrome housing while the right is gunmetal. Also previous owner had broken a tab on the right light.
Theyre in poor condition and i love recieving new crispy parts.

Adding the headers/coupe mid pipe/megan test pipes for sound. saw a video clip of a g owner with that set-up and i loved the sound it gave (with stock exhaust). not raspy at all nice deep tone.
But i will be looking into the hole ecu and etc etc.. i appreciate the help/info.

And no need to apologize, i mean after all i did say C&C is welcomed . glad you gave your honest opinion. But alot of people tend to forget that owners build their cars for them and no one else. Just showing my progress.

Last edited by MannyFresh; 09-19-2011 at 11:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
faiz23 (08-11-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Grill is finally done. Still needs some minor touch ups.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:09 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Looks real nice man.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Way to make the non-nismo front bumper look presentable. That ain't easy!

Old 08-22-2011, 12:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks pretty good man, keep it up. I was wondering how you went about getting the wing off? I want to take mine off but I heard they can be a b****. I was also wondering if you took the "INFINITI" emblem off the trunk yourself?

Old 08-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Looks real good. +1 ON THE WOOD TRIM

Old 08-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by mourac001
Looks pretty good man, keep it up. I was wondering how you went about getting the wing off? I want to take mine off but I heard they can be a b****. I was also wondering if you took the "INFINITI" emblem off the trunk yourself?
The wing I believe if I'm not mistaking it's four bolts under the trunk, shouldn't be that hard. I actually had it off in less than 10mins.

I got the car without the emblems. But they're just double sided tape. Grab like a fishing line and run it through. And then just get a rag with some goof off to remove the gunk.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 03 G35 Sedan Progress Thread