My first g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 05:21 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I see, so you're one of those "It's everyone else's fault" kinda guys. I guess that's to be expected since you obviously are still very immature, even for your age. OK I'll be the bigger fellow here and make this my last post since you're convinced I'm the bad guy. I guess you missed the multitude of other members that have flamed you for your attitude and taste in cars. Have a nice day...............

Old 04-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by ven377
i honestly think your jealous
i think ur kinda jealous that a 20 year old has a better car than you
i dont like your g eather the only thing that looks good it the wing but it doesnt fit your car
Spoiler doesn't fit? You better let Eric over at BAUSAuto know that his trunk doesn't work with our cars so he can pull it off the shelf.

and the reason i said i was 20 was because most people that own g35s are older and have a different taste than i do in cars
I'm 21 and think what you're doing is completely idiotic. What does age have to do with anything?

This thread has really blown up since I left it. Guess I should've stuck around.

OP - 0; TunerMax - 234982304598345

OP, dude, fix your car before you start adding all of these parts to it. Keep up like you are, and people will just keep ripping into you.

Your G still has the wrong front bumper on it, by the way.

Last edited by Mr. Brett; 04-26-2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: In good taste. ;)
Old 04-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Also, for what it's worth, yes, to each his own, it's his car, blah, blah, blah.

But honestly, if I saw this car out on the street with a brand new lip, lowered, with 10k HIDs, and mismatched body panels, I'd probably laugh my a*s off. And then slowly die a little bit on the inside.

I'm not sayin'. But I'm sayin'.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by socialconflicts
well ur car did look bad but im sure you knew it needed work (duh) lol. but no need for insulting peoples ride. especially someone that just got there car, thats how i feel. and sure we all make retarded decisions.. owell lol.
You're right bro, we've all made some silly mods and decisions, either in our past of currently. Myself fully included
Man I remember one time putting body coloured vinyl over my tailight signals on my '97 maxima. Of course, I wired the tailights to signal instead after doing this, but still, it was pretty ricey

The difference is if you learn from these mistakes, take critisism in stride, and learn to take pride in your work and your modifications.

i dont mind people giving me tips
i just started talking **** when that dude tried calling my car garbage like he knows it all
FYI, I paid only 2,000 more than you for my car, fully certified, etested, 6 speed, and in about 25x better shape than that thing.

As I recall, you've freaked out on everyone in this thread that's even attempted to give you a tip or form of advice

And you sir started talking trash long before I called you out at all. You also bumped back my old progress/intro thread, bashing me for not doing any work because I hadn't updated the thread. that's just childish crap, and that's what inspired my response at all.

Originally Posted by socialconflicts
let me get this straight.. whats important on his car again? for one. the car is not missing a hood or trunk or a door. the cars engine is running, its not leaking oil (i hope not LOL) or has a bad clutch, the car technically is still 95% good. one missing sideskirt (what are those called again? lol. but really. he can do what he wants to his car... geez other people here on driver have worse looking cars and they are modded
Yes, he can do what he wants, 100% agree.

When you post a car that is busted to living crap, has a pile of mis-matched parts, etc, and don't post ANYTHING about your plans to fix it, etc, you're going to get some critisism/advice. that's a given.

then posting ANY modifications prior to repair, regardless of them being in good or bad taste, is also going to heed some comments.

Posting like this on a internet car forum and expecting no negative comments is like a 10 year old lighting their parents car on fire, and expecting NOT to get in trouble

your the one that got into it bro
i started saying stuff after he said my car was garbage
and you get into it so dont try and act like i started anything
i mean at first i thought u were a cool dude but after you tried to start more stuff i was wrong apparently
just drop it and go somewhere else to hate on
No, you started saying stuff as soon as you received any critism, regardless of the wording. You got your back up immediately. Which is normal, that's a normal reaction, the thing you failed to do was step back and assess the situation, realize where others may derive such critism from, and then comment with that knowledge in hand.

You'll notice the type of post you make directly reflects your response. Your initial posts got no real critism, despite there being no lack of ammuntion from the Forum members

This is because we're not out to slander you, for hte most part everyone on here is here to HELP others. When you fail to accept any help or advice, and proceed to bash other people, you're going to get hit with reality, that's no different than anything else in life.

haven't you noticed that DESPITE the crap you've said, your hollow insults, your inability to listen, or take advice, or critisism, I am STILL offering you advice and help.
This is because we all started somewhere dude, I accept that I had my own issues when i started, both on forums and modding. It's once you overcome this hurdle of self pride, and thought that you know it all, and are able to do everything, that you will truly be able to mod properly, prioritize, and all in all, live a good life, both on the forums and in the world.

I see you've edited a bunch of your posts, so perhaps that's where Social Conlicts thinks your responses aren't as meritied.

You'll note, as soon as you posted your plans, you got a positive response from me.

haha thanks guys
nah all the front bumper is bad its just on there for now
the rear was done by the prev owner
im working on it i got it less than a week ago
i do autobody so it will be fixed soon =]
Originally Posted by TunerMax
That's a good thing, paying ot have that fixed would be steep. Happy for you that you can do it yourself!

So.... what in the heck happened to this thing?

Then after your mods before fixing anything, I simply said "SMH".
I wasn't going to comment further. You asked me to, specifically.

You've got about all the time and advice I'm willing to give, I think, unless your attitude on here does a big 180, real fast.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (04-26-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 09:23 AM
And I'd also like offer you an apology, for coming at you, perhaps, a bit hard.
it's frustrating seeing someone do what you're doing, and also fighting advice/help from others, but hopefully, you can take the GOOD from all of this mess, and perhaps, even come around.

the truth is, i was excited for you, sincerely, when i saw that you were a body man and that your plans were to fix this thing up proper. I was sincerly looking forward to some good updates and repairs, bringing this thing back to life!!

Then I got a big let down, and it's only getting worse as we go along. So once more i'll just emplore you to reconsider your approach, make eveyrone proud, including yourself. You'll be happy you did, if you do.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
the car only has the tail lights and the trunk that dont belong on there
but ima shave the trunk and make everything flat and tint the lights
the bumper thats a bit darker color had a terrible job done by the old owner that i plan to fix
and i dont want to put the new front bumper on because its gonna look dumb with a black bumper
i have all the body parts that the car is missing but there in different color and it will look ridiculous and im going to install them the day i paint the car
if you dont like the grill and the lip theres plenty of people that do but only the people that dont like it reply lol
i mean cmon u act like the car has a red bumper on it
ima sand and polish the car today see how it looks all shiny

Old 04-26-2012, 09:13 PM
We're just tryin to help, But like in the end it's your car. I'm sure people won't like things I do to mine but I like it and that's what matters

Old 04-26-2012, 09:27 PM
yea i know its cool
heres some pictures of the before and after the sanding and polishing

Old 04-27-2012, 12:05 AM
some spacers would look good as well

Old 04-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by Picture.g35
some spacers would look good as well
nah ima get some xxr 521s 18x10
ill roll the fenders =]

Old 04-27-2012, 02:54 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Well at least the interior looks nice

Old 04-27-2012, 11:08 AM
I never realized the Eibachs dropped the sedan that much. Tucking tire in the back seems like a lot for a spring-based drop.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
OB '04 Coupe Premium w/Performance Wheel & Tire
Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
I never realized the Eibachs dropped the sedan that much. Tucking tire in the back seems like a lot for a spring-based drop.
He dropped it on the Sportline Springs (2" drop) vs the Pro Kit (1" drop),

Last edited by re-crue13; 04-27-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by jhern1016
He dropped it on the Sportline Springs (2" drop) vs the Pro Kit (1" drop),
yea the car is still pretty smooth not much difference
i also noticed my shocks/struts were red
the guy that got the car from the dealer bought the sport package B dont really know what it mean
the car before the accident was verry well taken care of by the first owner im the 3rd owner

Old 04-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Red shocks are the sport shocks, yup, they're much better suited for a drop also, they're actually pretty darn impressive for OEM Sedan shocks. But I'd start saving for replacements with that level of drop, they'll last longer than the normal OEM ones, but they're still goign to blow out in modest time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My first g35