06 G35 sedan (with sun roof)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 G35 sedan racing seat HELP! (with sun roof)

I'm 6,4 and my head hits the roof sitting strait up.i need to drop about 2-3inches to be able to fit in comfortable with a helmet with my sun roof. I want to put in racing seats or buckets. With after market brackets. I want to 1.find out how much lower they are sitting (or) how many more inches of head room did the racing seats in g35o wners who have after market seats and bracket rails get? 2.what is the lowest seat and bracket combo out there.

I have searched everywhere and can't find the answer I'm looking for. every car is different I'm looking for people who have racing seats in there g35 sedan.

Last edited by Doing_mad_skids; 09-23-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:37 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
FiA fixed back or adjustable? I'm assuming this is a weekend warrior and not an actual racecar because of sedan? Fixed back are by design going to sit lower since they practically mount ON the floor pan and will be shimmed to fit the driver height and usually have no (or very low) leg bolster. If you want an adjustable you will run into a lot of the same issues with the stock seat, all that padding raises you up. I'm sure you could bring the stock seat an inch (maybe 2") lower with a serious bracket modification especially with removal of the power sliding motor (manually adjust slide distance with the 10mm track bolts after reinstall).

If you aren't doing something that requires seat regulations and still want a stock look and don't want to be bypassing the seat airbags you can do the coupe seat conversion, I THINK it sits lower than the sedan on the driver side and much lower on the passenger (actually needs to be shimmed up). It's not a direct bolt-on affair but didn't seem like too much work from what I read.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:09 PM
Hey thanks for the reply and yeah it's pretty much going to be a beater are used to have a 240SX and drift pretty much casually and on the track sometimes that I sold it for this G 35 and I plan on sliding it every now and then I just want to get my seat situation worked out and make sure I have ways of getting more headroom before I start putting money into this thing. but yeah I plan on getting a fixed bucket seat with side mounts probably brides but I would also like the sliding feature I don't wanted to just stay locked in one place. And I didn't have any certain intentions on reusing the stock seat brackets or anything stock. I just was trying to figure out a way to shave off about 2 to 3 inches at least by going fixed bucket seats with sliders.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:13 PM
Might catch a lot of flak frome people for this but this is kind a like what I'm going for a little sedan drifter lol. I want to make sure I can fit in the thing you know ��

Old 09-23-2017, 07:22 PM
I might catch a lot of flak from people. but this is kind of what I'm going for a little sedan drift builjust want to make sure I'll be able to fit into it and what the best seat combo and bracket combo for my height would be if I can drop 2 to 3 inches of headroom by going to fixed seats with sliders[