*Official* G35 Modded Sedan Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Marcus, you need a polished AL coolant tank.

I might be able to get my exhaust guy to make some for us. I just picked up a metal brake for him so he can custom make me one (other side due to TT). I bet if he could sell a few of them he would make some for the other side.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:38 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
Marcus, you need a polished AL coolant tank.

I might be able to get my exhaust guy to make some for us. I just picked up a metal brake for him so he can custom make me one (other side due to TT). I bet if he could sell a few of them he would make some for the other side.

I totally agree Tim. I already have the polished PS tank lined up, should have it in a couple of months. Not sure what I'm going to do about a coolant tank. If your exhaust guy can make one for me (and a few others) that would be sweet. The easiest option I've been able to find is to get a Weapon R one and get it modified to work for our car, but if I could get one custom made that would be cool. Let me know, I'm definitely interested. Any drawings of the one you are getting made?

Old 04-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New lip! Just got it installed. I'll take more pics once I installed my LED mirrors this weekend.

Last edited by olopez; 04-09-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
I totally agree Tim. I already have the polished PS tank lined up, should have it in a couple of months. Not sure what I'm going to do about a coolant tank. If your exhaust guy can make one for me (and a few others) that would be sweet. The easiest option I've been able to find is to get a Weapon R one and get it modified to work for our car, but if I could get one custom made that would be cool. Let me know, I'm definitely interested. Any drawings of the one you are getting made?
Don't get the Weapon-R one Marcus...or anyone else. I went that route and the quality of those things are horrible (returned it). I have yet to revist that mod but I found a few others on the web. If you have someone that can make one up for us Tim, that would be cool

Old 04-09-2009, 09:46 AM
ill Sedan

Originally Posted by G35papa
Don't get the Weapon-R one Marcus...or anyone else. I went that route and the quality of those things are horrible (returned it). I have yet to revist that mod but I found a few others on the web. If you have someone that can make one up for us Tim, that would be cool

Chris, you got the Weapon R Coolant tank? I know the PS tank doesn't work. There are a bunch of people running the coolant tank with no issues (Randy, John, Sam, etc.) it just has to be modified to work.

Can you point me to the other Coolant tanks your found on the web, I wasn't able to find an alternative.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by olopez
New lip! Just got it installed, sorry for the crappy cell pics. I'll take better pics once I installed my LED mirrors this weekend.
i havent seen this lip on the 05s/06s ...i cant tell from your crappy pics, but i think it looks better than the lip everyone else has

Old 04-09-2009, 11:08 AM
ill Sedan

^The lip is made by SurfaceMODz (SN: EricIsKlumzyee). Personally I like the OEM front lip better, but I'm baised cause I used to run the OEM front lip.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Grocery getter

Where did you guys even find the WR cooalnt tank? I tried and tried to find one with no luck. That's why I'm going custom.

As for drawings, no, we just make the stuff as we go along.

I have the WR power steering tank and only issue is the bottom is not rolled so it has a small leak. I'm going to cut the bottom off and weld on AN fittings to fix that. Otherwise it's a nice little tank.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Chris, you got the Weapon R Coolant tank? I know the PS tank doesn't work. There are a bunch of people running the coolant tank with no issues (Randy, John, Sam, etc.) it just has to be modified to work.

Can you point me to the other Coolant tanks your found on the web, I wasn't able to find an alternative.
I just wasn't happy with the quality of the product. Thats why I returned it. You guys can judge for yourself though maybe I'm just being picky

The ones I found but haven't gotten yet are just universal ones. I just did a google search for polished coolant tanks and found a few that looked like they should work.

Where did you guys even find the WR cooalnt tank? I tried and tried to find one with no luck. That's why I'm going custom.

As for drawings, no, we just make the stuff as we go along.

I have the WR power steering tank and only issue is the bottom is not rolled so it has a small leak. I'm going to cut the bottom off and weld on AN fittings to fix that. Otherwise it's a nice little tank.

Here's the Weapon-R coolant tank. They are located in San Francisco so it's alot easier to get the product up here.

http://www.racinglab.com/in03g35wecoo.html

I couldn't find this on Wearpon-R site for some reason but they do have them...as I got one a few months back.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:58 PM
ill Sedan

This is why I didn't consider the Weapon R PS Tank: https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...ring-tank.html

Sound like you got yours to work though.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by G35papa
Here's the Weapon-R coolant tank. They are located in San Francisco so it's alot easier to get the product up here.

http://www.racinglab.com/in03g35wecoo.html

I couldn't find this on Wearpon-R site for some reason but they do have them...as I got one a few months back.

OK, that's not the same one I was looking for. TwinSnails had a square one on his car and I wanted that style. I don't like that one.

I'm still going custom.

Last edited by ttrank; 04-09-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
[QUOTE=g35rida;4105212]Name:  untitled.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  55.3 KB

hey i have dp with black oem 17's too did you get yours powdercoated? wat exhaust is that? are you really running nitrous? so many questions....lol

Old 04-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by olopez
New lip! Just got it installed, sorry for the crappy cell pics. I'll take better pics once I installed my LED mirrors this weekend.

LED mirrors?... for sedan?...

Old 04-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yup! Not covers either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *Official* G35 Modded Sedan Picture Thread