Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Pics Of 2nd Gen Sedans With Aftermarket Rims!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This should be a manufacturer option IMHO

Originally Posted by jimmytango00
I don't know about anyone else, but I think this front bumper/rim combo is smoking hot! Not so sure about the grill however, but it seems to match the rest of the package.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by turbo_gg
I don't know about anyone else, but I think this front bumper/rim combo is smoking hot! Not so sure about the grill however, but it seems to match the rest of the package.
Don't like the wheels, they're on everything. When people buy aftermarket rims 90% buy that style. They look cheap to me. The front end isn't bad though. I agree with you about the grill.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:12 PM
I know what you mean, it seems like those style wheels are everywhere. It is ironic that even though I like the style, I probably would chose different one's, with a wider lip (and definitely 20's). What rims did you get caveman666?

Old 04-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by turbo_gg
I know what you mean, it seems like those style wheels are everywhere. It is ironic that even though I like the style, I probably would chose different one's, with a wider lip (and definitely 20's). What rims did you get caveman666?
I went with EXE Konkave's . I'm pretty happy with em and haven't seen anyone else with em yet. I've posted elsewhere but here are pics.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Those are nice rims. I have not seen them on any other car but yours. They match the style of the new G quite well. Good choice.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:39 PM
to lower or not

Originally Posted by Hikos_G
Yep. Sure do! Roads in paradise aren't so great, unfortunately.

Ride looks great, though! See ya around!
Hey Hiko, I keep looking at your GF (#2) and everything youve done is perfect. Definitely one of the hottest cars out there. I read somewhere you got the wheels at Eurosport. Did they do the springs as well? I have been looking at my car more and more and am leaning towards lowering it. I had a couple questions.
Is the ride much different than stock? I think you said somewhere is was better.
Do you have any issues with tires rubbing when you have people in the car? I am usually solo, but was wondering how it rides with a couple of people in the car (planning on picking up some of the ladies).
Thanks man.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by h2mann
Hey Hiko, I keep looking at your GF (#2) and everything youve done is perfect. Definitely one of the hottest cars out there. I read somewhere you got the wheels at Eurosport. Did they do the springs as well? I have been looking at my car more and more and am leaning towards lowering it. I had a couple questions.
Is the ride much different than stock? I think you said somewhere is was better.
Do you have any issues with tires rubbing when you have people in the car? I am usually solo, but was wondering how it rides with a couple of people in the car (planning on picking up some of the ladies).
Thanks man.
Hey h2! Sorry for the late reply.

Glad you're considering a drop for your car! If you don't mind putting up with some small 'sacrifices' (mainly driving a bit more cautiously and carefully over bumps and in/out of driveways-which can only be a good thing for the car anyway, right? ) its definitely a worthy mod that literally transforms your car, both visually and performance-wise.

To answer your questions:

* Yes, Eurosport did my springs and ordered my wheels for me. If you go down, see David Reid and tell'em I sent ya! They're full service aftermarket parts gurus so they'll definitely set you up right!

* The ride (to me) is VERY different from stock. I mentioned in a previous thread that it actually felt better than the stock sport springs. Not saying it'll make the car ride cushy like a Cadillac but it vastly improves road feel, felt firm yet planted, unlike the stock suspension that felt very 'flighty' and twitchy(over inflated OEM tires from the dealer didn't help...).
Of course, lowering a car will never make it softer or more comfortable than stock but in this case, the suspension improves most in feel, like its working better and seems to put the strut thru a fuller range of motion in its sweet spot.

* I have absolutely no rubbing issues with the drop. My rims were made to fit as close and tight to the fender as possible without any contact so even with a heavy load, be it people or Costco shopping, the wheel will just tuck without any rubbing. I'm sure a couple(or three, or four) hotties in the rear won't be any problem if you do decide to lower your car.

Hope that helps you out with your decision a bit. Keep us posted!

Old 04-26-2007, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the info. I didnt realize where I posted the questions to you. Ive spent the last hour reading all of the debate going on about wheel size and offsets and rubbing issues. There seems to be the one constant in the whole formula. Looks like your car is the basis of all of the measurements.
I think lowering my car will definitely look much better. Just unsure because of the width of the rear, but I will take it to Eurosport- thats where I got the wheels anyway. I used to go to them for everything years ago when I had my Jetta GLI. I will pay them a visit on Saturday and see how it goes.
Now Im kind of wishing I bought the car instead of lease (actually probably better to keep me from going too nuts).
Stopped by my friends shop last night while he was doing a custom stereo install on this nuts MB and he starts looking through my car wanting to do a bunch of upgrades to the system. Dangerous.
Anyway, thanks for your help, hope to see you around soon. Stay safe on them 2 wheels.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:29 PM
I thought I would contribute to the wheel thread. I apologize for the picture quality. My digital camera is too old. Oh well, I have a G35x and the wheels are made by NAD. They are 20x8.5 all the way around. I had new TPMS sensors installed, but I haven’t figured out how to register the new sensors without having the dealer do it...

Tire size is 245/35/20 and the offset is +35 for the wheels. I'll try to post some better pictures that show the offset and wheel gap as soon as this rainy weather in Kansas City goes away..

Last edited by Nardisp; 04-27-2007 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Wheel info updated
Old 04-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Sweet Looks great Nardisp, what are the offsets of the wheels and tire sizes.

I believe you will have to take the car to the dealer to get the sensors paired with the car.

Last edited by GEE35FX; 04-27-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:36 PM
CLASSY! Those wheels match the IP perfectly! Very stylish. Kudos!

Old 04-27-2007, 04:11 PM
G35x ride quality

X'ers how does the ride/road noise/handleing change with these 19 and 20" rims?

Old 04-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by dafinman
X'ers how does the ride/road noise/handleing change with these 19 and 20" rims?
The handling is Great. The ride is Great just a little more feel of the road(bumps). You do get pulled around a little in grooved highways. But that is the only small negative. Corners are sweet, with the AWD you can just accelerate through corners hard.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Nardisp, where did you get your door side moldings???? Dealership?? How much??

Old 04-30-2007, 12:16 AM
I think they stick out a lil too much. I like the wheels themselves but not like the part where they stick out of your car. Nice wheels again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pics Of 2nd Gen Sedans With Aftermarket Rims!