Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

07 Sedan Pics with Aftermarket Wheels and Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:51 PM
G-Squad DJ =)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EWG35 - looks real nice!!!! good luck with her!

damn I have a gcoupe now - in brilliant silver (04) and i blacked the tails and heads and the grill and put bats front bumper inlets on it also - and all i can say is - the SEDAN WOULD LOOK GREAT LIKE THAT ALSO (haha to me i guess)

Looks great! - anyone have a pic of black rims on a Liquid Platinum?

Old 03-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Just a question. Aren't the 07 sedan springs stiffer than the coupe springs would be? Wouldn't we be losing performance? I just thought since things changed for 07 sedan, but coupes have not. ???

Old 03-14-2007, 03:11 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by EWG35
I hear ya. They are 245/45 18 front and back with about 3.25 inchs of side wall same as the stock rears on the Sport. Maybe the shadows make them look taller. They were 225/55 17's which is almost 4.5 inches of side wall. If it were lowered I think it would look better, but I'm waiting until there is a camber kit so I don't wear off all of my inside tread. I'm taking notes from what others have learned.

Someone said the Eibach or H&R kit lowers the car to a clearance height of a 2x4 (lumber). That's 3.5 inches of clearance. Sounds a bit scary. In one the pics I posted, it shows me parked about 3 inches from a curb. If I had rolled six inches closer to the curb the whole front airdam would be shreaded. I can't image in damage lowering it another inch. But I want to.
3.5 inches in not really that bad. I parked next to a stock g35 coupe here at work and the clearance looks about the same. Should still be careful none the less.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
3.5 inches in not really that bad. I parked next to a stock g35 coupe here at work and the clearance looks about the same. Should still be careful none the less.
terrycs, I see you have Eibachs, which is what I planned to install. Sorry if this is a bit of topic, but it seems most who are installing wheels are also considering lowering as well. Since you went right to the source what do the rest of us need to know when having them installed by a less knowledgeable shop? Obviously Eibach is going to know there springs better then others will. Is there a bushing that can be adjusted to change the height slightly to get the prefect look or do the springs just drop in and you’re done?

How did you pull off “no charge” from Eibach? Good salesmanship!

The highlights are they look great, they’re probably a bit more rigid (that's both good and bad) and it will corner better. What would you say are the drawbacks you’ve experienced so far if any? I put 245 tires up front and I must say the steering feels a little heavier. It's not bad and it's something I've gotten used to. It's more noticeable when you drive on a road that has a groove. It seems that a tighter grip is needed at times. Obviously every mod from stock will make the car better or worse, that's why I'm curious.

Any word on a camber kit yet?

Old 03-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by EWG35
I hear ya. They are 245/45 18 front and back with about 3.25 inchs of side wall same as the stock rears on the Sport. Maybe the shadows make them look taller. They were 225/55 17's which is almost 4.5 inches of side wall. If it were lowered I think it would look better, but I'm waiting until there is a camber kit so I don't wear off all of my inside tread. I'm taking notes from what others have learned.

Someone said the Eibach or H&R kit lowers the car to a clearance height of a 2x4 (lumber). That's 3.5 inches of clearance. Sounds a bit scary. In one the pics I posted, it shows me parked about 3 inches from a curb. If I had rolled six inches closer to the curb the whole front airdam would be shreaded. I can't image in damage lowering it another inch. But I want to.
Your G looks great EW! TWO THUMBS UP! Glad to see you went the 'practical' and 'sensible' route with the wheel and tire size choice. There definitely is a small sacrifice to make(if one could call it that ) for running bigger wheels/low profile tires.

Potholes, curbs or any kind of road hazards can make your butt cheeks scrunch up when running 19's and 20's. Looks like you got the best of both worlds with your setup! Looks great and no worries about your wheels getting damaged.

Just on a side note, in regards to the clearance issue I had mentioned previously and the 2x4 reference that terry made, I finally got to snap some pics to give everybody a better idea of how much clearance I have with a household, everyday item for reference; a soda can~

Old 03-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the photo that will be a good reference for me. BTW, the Marion's are very nice! I showed it to others (the non-G35 crowd) around here and they all concurred.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Isn't there a rule against erotic pics such as the one Hikos_G just posted?

Old 03-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Huh?? A Canada Dry can...?

Old 03-14-2007, 07:20 PM
she is tooooooooo shiny mama warned me about that

Old 03-14-2007, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hikos_G

Just on a side note, in regards to the clearance issue I had mentioned previously and the 2x4 reference that terry made, I finally got to snap some pics to give everybody a better idea of how much clearance I have with a household, everyday item for reference; a soda can~
And that is the high spot on the car! The low spot is the plastic engine cover in the middle between the tires! On the bright side, I parked next to a stock coupe and the ground clearance was actually pretty similar.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
The low spot is the plastic engine cover in the middle between the tires!
...in addition to the middle of the frame where the y-pipe connects under the cabin, the dual muffler cans out back and a MUCH lower jack-up point to slide your jack under.

Still, its all good and worth it when you see and drive the car. Happiness!

Old 03-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Ok, wheels showed up yesterday, still early weather wise here but had to see them on. Drove around a little, took some pics. looks sharp in my opinion as is , but I will still lower it soon and it will look even better I think. I like how the paint in between is a pretty darn close match to the car. Whatd'ya guys think of my choice?

Old 03-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by caveman666
Ok, wheels showed up yesterday, still early weather wise here but had to see them on. Drove around a little, took some pics. looks sharp in my opinion as is , but I will still lower it soon and it will look even better I think. I like how the paint in between is a pretty darn close match to the car. Whatd'ya guys think of my choice?
Looks good, what size rubber did you go with.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by caveman666
I'm surprised it has not been photoshopped yet.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Looks awesome!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 Sedan Pics with Aftermarket Wheels and Tires