Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Would this bother you?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, the pictures that you posted I hardly even noticed any scratches. Seriously you are thinking too much. Remember soon or later its gonna get scratch anyway.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I've been known to sell cars once they've been in fender benders.... even if they come back from the shop 100% brand new again. In fact, my car is at the dealer right now, cause one of the guys in the shop scratched the shifter **** while getting other work done.
I have serious issues with everything, but it's this car... it's like Christine or something. It has to be perfect.

I need to get over this.... I think this ding is therapy.
I hear therapy is expensive.... maybe this 2K was well spent after all.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:03 PM
you need to send that one wheel back with the nick, the lug holes... oh well, it's a gamble to order online, but man... that nick would bother me too. either that or send me back some money.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:04 PM
LOL... you're not helping my therapy!

Old 07-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I think just letting it be may be the best course of action, especially since shipping is very expensive and a pretty labored process especially if you are itching to get these on soon.

And as you said, it's nothing that a couple hundred miles won't do to your wheels anyway. You should see my daily driven wheels, even without any curb rash they are chipped to hell, you just can't avoid it unless your car is a garage queen.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Would this bother me....Hell yes!

Chances are very good that if the wheels arrived still in the packing there's
little chance they were scratched enroute. WTF, tell him you want another
wheel....you didn't pay for damaged merchandise....right? With the price of
aftermarket parts they should be aware of what comes in and how it looks
when it's shipped out....good business practice.
Gary

Old 07-14-2008, 11:04 PM
The wheels were removed from their original packages to have the tires mounted and balanced. They were them wrapped in bubble wrap and hard thick cardboard on both sides. They were then very heavily taped all the way around.
I think this is something Fed Ex did during shipping and not something done during the mounting process.
It's really small and I actually hard a hard time finding the wheel with the nick tonight.
It bothers me but as I compare it to the hassle of shipping it back and waiting another week or two.... eh.

It sucks either way, I guess

Old 07-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I would just let it go, they look great, and enjoy the new wheels.
(Scott, did you get any info on the springs)

Old 07-15-2008, 09:20 PM
That is why I'm a little hesitant to buy wheels online. You might pay a tad more locally,but if something is wrong. Your at the store the same or next day. I got a quote from George for the GT-1's and HR-2's. Glad you posted this.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:46 AM
dude, i thought i had (ocd)obsessive compulsive disorder!!! your taking it too far, that little tiny *** ding aint ****. you have to know when to say "when". calm down and let it be, your thinking anyone can see that, i highly doubt it, just let it be and you'll see, you'll forget about it in a few days, after you get another scratch somewhere else.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Christopher____
dude, i thought i had (ocd)obsessive compulsive disorder!!! your taking it too far, that little tiny *** ding aint ****. you have to know when to say "when". calm down and let it be, your thinking anyone can see that, i highly doubt it, just let it be and you'll see, you'll forget about it in a few days, after you get another scratch somewhere else.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sad to see that kind of damage on brand new wheels. I bet you the wheels will look amazing on the car and no one will even care to look that close at your wheels. Just be careful of construction being done on the roads, man hole convers, and huge bumps. The NE roads arn't the best, but you should be fine.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts
I would definitely let them address the issue, if the box doesn't show any sign of damage, shipping isn't an excuse. Scratches on the lug hole means it was mounted or they scrathed it mounting it to the balancing machine. I would try to come to a middle ground between the cost of shipping and replace and maybe just take some money and keep the wheel.

The logic that it will get mess up anyways, is retarded. It's like buying new pair of shoes with worn sole, or a new car with rock chip in the front bumper. The same logic would tell you that these items will get to the same condition after some use. See how invalid that arguement is? just my 2 cents

Old 07-16-2008, 01:19 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
That tiny mark could have been caused by shipping or tire mounting, but again, it's pretty hard to see. Wait till you see you grill after about 5,000 miles!

My take on it is you risk further damage when you ship the wheel around or have tires dismounted and mounted again.

Last edited by terrycs; 07-16-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ Stupid stock grill... If only it wasn't so nice I'd change it.
I just noticed a fairly large scratch on it today.

Anyways the damage really isn't worth dealing with the headache and costs of resending the wheels. It's barely noticeable even on picture so you should just leave it.
You'll have a couple of those sooner or later anyways.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Would this bother you?