Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im right down the street from the golf course on 70th street

Old 07-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
must be pretty crazy going back n forth with the G
Honestly, I'm 31 years old and the G is my first car, always had trucks and wife's always had a truck or suv. With diesel going up, I wanted something more sensible for putting miles on when I don't need the truck, not too mention the truck will be paid off in October. I figured if I got something sporty and fun to drive, I'll quit trying to turn my truck into a speed monster. Now, I just keep a very mild tune in the truck and drive it normally; kind of a 'been there, done that, spent that" deal. I'm really enjoying the handling and comfort of the car.

Where I live, it's rural Texas and the G is fairly out of place, the truck is much more fitting. Driving around in the truck, I get lots of oogles, although everyone knows me in it around here, but in the car, I get some looks and compliments from the younger crowd butI get mostly funny looks from the older people. When I go into Dallas or Plano on the weekends, the car is much more fitting than my truck, not too mention, my truck won't fit in parking garages, airport parking or anything normal, so I used to have to borrow someone else's and I don't like the wife driving the truck. So, now I'm set.

I do wish the car was just a tad faster tho.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:44 AM
near my factory there is a place called GAW and all they do is work on crazy diesel duelys (did i spell that right?)
I'm pretty sure I know that guy. If it's who I think it is, then I've tested a couple of his tunes.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:55 AM
the owners name is Gabby and he is pretty well known in the truck/diesel world around here. Most of his mechanics all have crazy trucks or SUV'S and they enter them in those competitions out in lake Tahoe i believe

If you Pm me your email ill send you pics and specs of some crazy Excursions we built that had the 6.0 diesel motor.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:06 PM
im right down the street from the golf course on 70th street
I'm on 41st. i can see the main entrance of the golf course and have the hotel across the building.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by sredish
my truck won't fit in parking garages, airport parking or anything normal
that's why i got rid of my old truck. i was getting ready to do a diesel swap on it. 1/2 ton with the 3.9L cummins would have been a unique truck. but i'm happy with the G.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, sweet truck

Old 07-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
now that is one pimped out truck...

Old 07-23-2008, 05:39 PM
one more youtube.....

the concrete was super rough so i didn't get the nice slide and smoke i would've gotten otherwise...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BwwcEbz1ISQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BwwcEbz1ISQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 07-23-2008, 08:52 PM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Haha, Loving the truck man..wish I could get the time & money to fix one up myself

Old 07-23-2008, 11:34 PM
wow it really must be like seeing your baby grow up.. nice truck

Old 07-31-2008, 10:13 AM
Nice truck. I know how it feels to see your truck broken into. When I had my old truck when I was younger I had it parked out in a spot where I thought it would never get broken into. I woke up one morning and went out, opened up my truck and looked in (half asleep) thinking "Something just isn't right" then I see my truck's trashed and the head unit was ripped out of the dash. They didn't manage to get the disc changer or the amp out (or the speakers, but I'd have to give them serious credit if they could have taken those out). The worst part was they SUCKED at breaking into the truck. On the old chevy trucks (92) you could just pop a flat head screw driver under the door handle and pop it up and get in...well they screwed up on one door and then went to the other side. It cost me 1800 to fix the doors (repainting, body work, etc) all for a $400 head unit. Which also got replaced...then I had 2 remotes in my truck.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by StoutAg35
It cost me 1800 to fix the doors (repainting, body work, etc) all for a $400 head unit.
Yea, that really really sucks. Here's the sucky thing about mine. It was at the dealership getting the tranny pulled. I SPECIFICALLY told the svc mgr that the truck HAD to be stored inside overnight, under no circumstances and if that was a problem, I'd be more than happy to come pick the truck up with my trailer and keep it at the house until the trans was finished. He said, oh no, we have plenty of room and we'll be sure to keep it locked tight. Well, they decided this one Saturday night that they'd leave it parked out until Monday for some reason or another, never told me or anything. Boom, early Monday morning it was jacked up and I got a call saying my truck had been broken into. I was like, how the F is it going to get broken into inside; then he's like, oh yea, about that....

Here's the weird deal.... the sunroof was open. ONLY way to get the sunroof open is with the keys in the ignition, turned on. No way to power it up otherwise. The ignition was untouched, no hot wiring no nothing. The tint is super dark, so I'm sure it was opened to let light in from the parking area lights so they could see. I'm also sure it was someone in the svc dept at the dealership that jacked it up, seeing as they have access to the keys. 1) it's hard to see inside so you can't know whats inside the truck w/o having been in it, 2) the sunroof was left open... duh keys and 3) the people who jacked it up knew EXACTLY what was in there, where it was located and how to quickly get it out. They left the svc car keys in a horrible spot but he claimed it was fine. When I was there talking to them, I lifted 2 sets and carried them around for 45 min while I talked to them and then said hey, your keys are safe huh, here's 2 pair.

My truck sat up there for 3 months while I fought with the dealership as to who was going to pay. I sent the owner a letter from my attorney and did everything I could but never could get the sorry bastards to pay and wasn't worth what it would've cost to file suit. I was soooo fvcking irate pissed off....

All in all, it cost me 5 g's to rebuild it all back and I still have some knick marks from the theives in my leather seat where the ins. company wouldn't put new ones in.

It still gets me super riled up......

Old 07-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Ouch! That sucks - sorry to hear about that! I know all about being screwed either way when it comes to filing a law suit or not. But that's another story that has nothing to do with cars.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HOLY F*CK! WHAT A BEAST!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What I see when I get home.