Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

New Mods to Install - With Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
^^ nice man!!! which braces do you plan on getting?...hopefully all of them!
Hey man. I definitely plan to get the SUS-1347 2-Pt front sub-frame brace and the SUS-1348 4-Pt front ladder brace. I also may end up getting the SUS-1349 rear M-Brace, depending on the pricing Rick gives me. That will just leave the SUS-1350 6-Pt Rear Brace for another day.

Originally Posted by MyocyteX
Just finished reading the whole thread. Nice mods 2GOorNot2Go. I just got my 08 G37S 6MT Blue Slate and am really impressed with the handling. I can't imagine it being that much better, but I guess it can be. :-)

Have fun.
WooHoo! Awesome ride you've got there. I actually wanted a G37 Coupe, but we really needed a four door, so we ended up with the sedan instead. It's still a blast to drive, but doesn't look quite as sweet as the coupe. There is definitely plenty of room for improvement in the handling department on these cars. Once you've had the car for a while you will realize that it leans way too much. I actually just installed a set of Hotchkis sway bars on my car over the weekend and I think it is the single best mod I have done on the car so far. It's amazing how much better the car's handling now with such a simple modification... it's like a completely different car. Here's a link ot the thread on the Hotchkis Sway Bars.

https://g35driver.com/forums/tech-07...buying-14.html

Old 01-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by d_cecc629
if i were to buy only two undercarriage braces, would you guys suggest the 6 point rear and 4 point front brace?
I would say that you would get the most "bang for your buck" with the lower outer tie braces for the front and probably the new lower M-brace for the rear. Those seem to strengthen the weakest points where the factory suspension mounts to. I know that the front outer tie braces combined with the front strut bar definitely made a noticeable difference on my car.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:11 PM
OK... Travis, KulG35, and I installed the Hotchkis bars on my car this weekend and let me tell you, these things are freaking awesome. The car feels like a completely different car... no more lean in the corners, but when cruising the ride is virtually the same as stock. I think this is the single best mod I have done on the car so far. If you haven't bought a set of these bars yet, you better jump on the last few sets that are left! Pics to follow shortly.

Here are some post install pics of the Hotchkis sway bars without the lower from diffuser being re-installed.

Front:

Rear:

Some comparison pics of the stock front bar Vs. the Hotchkis front bar. FYI... Just for reference.... the stock front bar weighed in at 7.0 lbs and the new Hotchkis bar weighed a whopping 13.8 lbs.

And here are some comparison pics of the stock rear bar Vs. the Hotchkis rear bar. FYI... Just for reference.... the stock rear bar weighed in at 4.8 lbs and the new Hotchkis bar weighed in at 8.4 lbs.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
I would say that you would get the most "bang for your buck" with the lower outer tie braces for the front and probably the new lower M-brace for the rear. Those seem to strengthen the weakest points where the factory suspension mounts to. I know that the front outer tie braces combined with the front strut bar definitely made a noticeable difference on my car.
ha, figures. I have an X so i have similar ones to the lower outer braces in the front. And i have an FI exhaust so the M rear brace probably wont fit. But thank you for your response.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2GoRNot2Go - Is that CF cover really made for our ride? My thought is no. Reason being is that the two front L/R holes for the screws do not even match up to where the old engine cover was. Take a look at the pics. I am sure you know this though.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by d_cecc629
ha, figures. I have an X so i have similar ones to the lower outer braces in the front. And i have an FI exhaust so the M rear brace probably wont fit. But thank you for your response.
Isn't that always the way?!?!

Well, since you basically already have the front outer tie braces, then I would go with the 4-Pt front brace next and maybe the front lower 2-Pt brace, as well, if it fits the X models.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool. thank you for your input

Old 01-28-2009, 05:16 PM
No problem... Good luck with the mods.

Also, if you end up buying the GT Spec braces, I suggest getting them from Rick at Riverside Infiniti. If you e-mail him directly at reudave@riversideinfiniti.com you will probably get a much faster response. Make sure to tell him that you are on G35Driver and that Adrian sent you and he will give you a pretty significant discount.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by kmuniz78
2GoRNot2Go - Is that CF cover really made for our ride? My thought is no. Reason being is that the two front L/R holes for the screws do not even match up to where the old engine cover was. Take a look at the pics. I am sure you know this though.
The cover is designed for the HR motor, so it will work on either a 3.5L or 3.7L. This includes the 2007+ 350Z, 2007+ G35 Sedan, and the G37 Coupe & Sedan. The extra bolt holes in the front I believe are for when it is used on the 350Z fitment. I've plugged those 2 holes on mine, so you don't even know they are there anymore.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
No problem... Good luck with the mods.

Also, if you end up buying the GT Spec braces, I suggest getting them from Rick at Riverside Infiniti. If you e-mail him directly at reudave@riversideinfiniti.com you will probably get a much faster response. Make sure to tell him that you are on G35Driver and that Adrian sent you and he will give you a pretty significant discount.
Rick sells the strut tower brace too? (didn't see it on the ebay sellers page when I was looking today).

Old 01-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pmed rick 2 months ago about the braces, i still don't have a response yet..... Lol

Old 01-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Csquared
I pmed rick 2 months ago about the braces, i still don't have a response yet..... Lol
I would call him (even though it's still hard to get a hold of him that way). I called him to order the key cover delete, and although I had to leave my phone # with the guy that answered, Rick did call me back that day.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Yeah, Rick is VERY busy, so he doesn't have time to check his PM's regularly. Your best bet is to call him. He is pretty responsive that way and he will also give you the best price over the phone.. just make sure to tell him that you are from the Driver forum... if you buy from their eBay store, you won't get the best price.

In talking to Rick he says that he typically takes care of customers in this order:

1. Walk In
2. Telephone
3. eBay
4. E-Mail.
5. Forums (PM's)

For this reason and since they are close, I just drive over there to order my parts.

San~man, they carry all of the GT-Spec parts at Riverside (I got my GT Spec Front Strut Bar there), but not all of them are listed on their Ebay page yet (unfortunately they haven't updated their Ebay page in a while). Your best off to call Rick and talk to him.