Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

New Mods - Tanabe Medalion Exhaust & NF210 Springs - With Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Thanks, man!! It's such a minimal drop that I doubt the camber changed more than a 1/2°. I do plan to go get it aligned next week, so I will let you know what the numbers are. I also installed some Ichiba rear camber arms when I did the springs, though, so I definitely won't have any trouble getting it within the stock specs... but I will be able to give you and idea of how much the camber changed with the springs.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey man - so I checked what the other fella was running.. frybecker, the one who's rear sags more than the fronts... he is running NF210 as well. Like you.

Anyways, so thats what progressive spring rate means. More bounce than stock initially eh? interesting..

Will you be getting front camber kit as well? the SPC one? Or not necessary?

Aside: Its quite confusing.. you got two threads about this happening at the same time. You got two different sets of groups messaging you on both! lol

And talking about the same stuff!! haha

Old 03-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice drop. nice exhaust...someone got the mod bug..

i read ur other posts about ur 09 lip and midnight grille..LOL

you car's looking good. whats next?

Old 03-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Wes_888
Hey man - so I checked what the other fella was running.. frybecker, the one who's rear sags more than the fronts... he is running NF210 as well. Like you.

Anyways, so thats what progressive spring rate means. More bounce than stock initially eh? interesting..

Will you be getting front camber kit as well? the SPC one? Or not necessary?

Aside: Its quite confusing.. you got two threads about this happening at the same time. You got two different sets of groups messaging you on both! lol

And talking about the same stuff!! haha
I know, I know... that's what I get for posting in two separate places. I was originally just gonna update one of the threads, then someone from the other thread asked for an update, so I updated that one too... now I've got people asking the same questions on both. LOL

Yeah, he told me he has the NF210's too, but he also said that he installed them last Summer and Rick said that these springs weren't available for the V36 sedan until November or December of 2008, so the other guy is either mistaken and has the DF210's, or he is running the NF210's from the V35 (1st Gen) sedan, which would definitely explain it. I know H&R uses the same springs for all year sedans and when you put those on a 2007+ sedan, the a$$ end really looks low... I know, because this is what Travis had on his car before he got the TEIN's.

I don't think I'll need the extra adjustment in front, since the drop is minimal, but I was gonna get the SPC front arms anyway, until I just helped Travis install his last Tuesday night. Those things are HEAVY... well over twice as heavy as the factory aluminum arms (we weighed both... Travis wrote down the exact weights), and would really prefer not to increase my unsprung weight by that much unless it is absolutely necessary.

Edit: forgot to mention that the progressive rate springs are designed to be softer at first and then get stiffer as they compress. This is supposed to give you a softer more supple ride without sacrificing performance. Problem is, I don't the the initial spring rates are a good match for the factory shocks, and the car tends to be a little bouncy sometimes.

Originally Posted by LaConic2
nice drop. nice exhaust...someone got the mod bug..

i read ur other posts about ur 09 lip and midnight grille..LOL

you car's looking good. whats next?
Haha... Oh yeah, I've got it bad. LOL

Thanks for the nice words!

Next up is some kind of spoiler, a CF (or flat black) rear valence, a custom UpRev Osiris tune, a custom mid pipe / x-pipe, and probably some new wheels. I'm also planning to have the center sections of the seats and the door panels diamond quilted in a contrasting darker gray suade.

After all that... who know's. I'm trying to get the guys at Berk to design a set of quality headers for the HP motor, like the Impuls, so hopefully that's in my future as well.

Last edited by 2GoRNot2G; 03-13-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
And a bunch more pics of the car with the Tanabe springs installed:

VERY nice. These are my 2 favorite shots. Not azz-heavy at all. Every time I see a well done white G35 like yours, it makes me wish I had gotten a white one as well - at least it would've been 100x easier than keeping my black one clean.

Aren't you glad you went with +20 spacers all around instead of +15s up front? The stance is just about perfect. This is what a factory sport package should look like - discrete airdam, subtle lowering, moderate tint, exhaust, rims pushed out a bit - not anything someone could notice right off the bat, but very noticeable to enthusiasts like us. The normal person would just look at your G and wonder why it looks so much better than the other garden variety ones around.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alterzgo
very nice. These are my 2 favorite shots. Not azz-heavy at all. Every time i see a well done white g35 like yours, it makes me wish i had gotten a white one as well - at least it would've been 100x easier than keeping my black one clean.

aren't you glad you went with +20 spacers all around instead of +15s up front? The stance is just about perfect. This is what a factory sport package should look like - discrete airdam, subtle lowering, moderate tint, exhaust, rims pushed out a bit - not anything someone could notice right off the bat, but very noticeable to enthusiasts like us. The normal person would just look at your g and wonder why it looks so much better than the other garden variety ones around.
+1000!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by AlterZgo
VERY nice. These are my 2 favorite shots. Not azz-heavy at all. Every time I see a well done white G35 like yours, it makes me wish I had gotten a white one as well - at least it would've been 100x easier than keeping my black one clean.

Aren't you glad you went with +20 spacers all around instead of +15s up front? The stance is just about perfect. This is what a factory sport package should look like - discrete airdam, subtle lowering, moderate tint, exhaust, rims pushed out a bit - not anything someone could notice right off the bat, but very noticeable to enthusiasts like us. The normal person would just look at your G and wonder why it looks so much better than the other garden variety ones around.
Thanks, man... I really do appreciate asll the nice comments. Both of my other cars are black and I really wanted a black G, but with all the dust here is SoCal, and how hard it is to keep my other crs looking clean, I decided to buy my first white car... Let me tell you, I couldn't be happier. You can't even tell from the pics, but the car is covered in dust.... Now, when my Porsche is dusty like that, it looks like crap. LOL

Yeah, I'm VERY happy I didn't go with 15 mm spacers in the front... even the 20 mm ones are border line wide enough. I could probably have gotten away with 15 mm ones in the rear, but the 20 mm's work too. I originally thought the 20 mm ones were too much for the rear, but I've gotten used to it now and with the drop, it looks just that much better. Even my wife loves the look of the car with the spacers.. only problem is, now she says I don't need different wheels and tires.

You are so right about most people not realizing what is different about it from a normal G.. My wife and I took it to her main office over in Hermosa the other day and everyone there was like, "wow, that's the nicest looking G35 I've seen... I never realized how pretty they were until I saw your car." They all wanted to drive it and now two of the guys are even considering buying G's. I'm affraid to tell them all of the changes I've made, though, because it might get back to my wife how much $$ I've spent on it.

Incidentally, where are you located is SoCal, AlterZgo?

Old 03-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^ Ha! I remember when you got the 20mm spacers and you were saying you kinda regretted it. I was thinking once this dude lowers his car, he's gonna be like me thinking even 20mm might be borderline too thin.

Yeah. Black cars are a b-tch. But, as you know, they look fantastic for about a couple of hours just after they're washed! I've owned 3 white cars and 3 red cars (not burgundy red, but sports car red-red) Both very easy colors to maintain. This time, I wanted a dark midnight blue or black car since I had never owned one before. I wish G35s came in that really nice midnight blue Lexus has or the dark blue you see on some M3s and M5s.

I live in Torrance and work in Irvine. Are you around the South Bay area?

Old 03-14-2009, 12:12 AM
LMAO!! Yeah. I really thought 20mm spacers were gonna give me that "skated" wheel look that I hate, but I'm definitely glad I let you talk me into the 20 mm spacers, especially for the front.. 15's just would'nt have cut it up front. I'm still thinking of trying out 15's in the rear, but everyone seems to love the car the way it is, so maybe I'll just leave it as is for now, since I'll be getting new wheels in a few months anyway... Why do I keep having to chnge the car?!?! Damn, I think I'm addicted. LOL

I've had several red cars, 1 orange car, 2 yellow cars, a whole bunch of black cars (5 I think.. LOL), and 3 blue cars, but this is my first white car... although I did have a '98 Jeep TJ, but that doesn't really count as a car. And blue has always been my favorite color. I love that dark midnight blue color you are talking about. Looks almost black at night unless you are in a lit parking lot. I also love the Suraru Ralley Blue, or as Nissan calls it, Daytona Blue... That's sch an easy color to keep clean and also looks amazing when it's clean.

I'm down in the OC area... I've actually got an office off Culver in Irvine, but I typically work out of my house in Corona, near Anaheim Hills. But, I'm in Torrance a couple times a month, as I have several customers over there. Come to hink of it, I saw a really clean black G35 sedan with tinted windows off Sepulveda (near Crenshaw I think) the last time I was over that way... you maybe?

Old 03-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beautiful.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:20 PM
^ Thanks man!! I really appreciate it!

FYI... Great price on the M45 wheels your selling!

Old 03-27-2009, 05:53 PM
I know all of you have been waiting anxiously for an update on my drop.

Well, after about 3 weeks and almost 1K miles, I think my springs have fully settled in. They stayed pretty much the same for the past week, so I don't think much will change now. The Tanabe springs ended up dropping the car pretty evenly all around... final drop figures are right around .90" for all 4 corners (R was actually closer to .85"). I think the drop turned out perferctly and I am VERY happy with the look... I'm still just not so sure I'm happy with the ride just yet. Although the springs seem to be a little less bouncy now than when I first installed them, maybe because they are settled now or maybe I'm just getting used to them, but I'm still not fully pleased with the ride... although, I am VERY picky when it comes to my car. LOL

Here's are some updated pics that I just took yesterday.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Nice!

Old 04-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks, man... it's much appreciated!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
What are you IMPUL lovers waiting for????????

If i was a impul fan, I'd be ALL over these Tanabe's!

By the way 2gornot2g:
Looks hot man, flawless!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Mods - Tanabe Medalion Exhaust & NF210 Springs - With Pics