Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Let the Modding Begin....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by jran76
I have 2 floor jacks and they both have crapped out on me in the last couple of weeks. It was the first time in probably 10 years I busted out a factory jack. I almost forgot how to use it.

I felt the same way about the wheels. I really was looking at black GTS or GT30 wheels (Diamond or flat black). In the end, I found these for about $700 cheaper than anywhere else, and they were in stock, so I jumped on it. If I decide to go with black, I will pull the wheels apart and powdercoat the middle section. I also think the gunmetal is a lot darker in some light. The flash on my Canon DSLR camera is pretty strong and washes out some of the color. In more natural light, and at night the wheels look like a dark gray. In bright light (flash/sun) they almost have a dark sliver look to them (that is maybe a tad too close to my LP, but we will see).
Haha, don't listen to me, I'm just jealous Those are sick, and for $700 difference, that's a no-brainer. I'm sure they'll look sick on your car.

I had my jack crap out on me too, I bought a 3 tons sears alum one few weeks ago. So far, so good with it.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Wow... Those are going to look awesome on your car!! Now I'm jealous... I need some new wheels too, but I'm still debating whether I want a silver finish or gunmetal for more contrast on the SSR's I want.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Wow... Those are going to look awesome on your car!! Now I'm jealous... I need some new wheels too, but I'm still debating whether I want a silver finish or gunmetal for more contrast on the SSR's I want.
flat/gloss black but then again, you'll look like the rest of us IP's out there

Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Hehe... Can't do black.. It's funny, I've always had something against black wheels... have never liked them myself, so I guess that will make me among the minority when I finally get some new wheels for my IP. LOL

Old 03-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Hehe... Can't do black.. It's funny, I've always had something against black wheels... have never liked them myself, so I guess that will make me among the minority when I finally get some new wheels for my IP. LOL
Come to the dark side, Adrian.....

Old 03-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Wow... Those do look pretty d@mn nice, San... It's too bad you don't have an IP... I'd love to see those on an IP...

Still not convinced yet, though.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:31 PM
the bad thing about black wheels is that it doesn't provide enough definition ie the tires blend into the wheels, making the wheels smaller than they really are...makes me want to TA my Volks. but if you leave the lip silver and powder coat the spokes black, that's a different story much like san's rims (which BTW san look sweet)

Old 03-06-2009, 12:09 AM
It's not really the lack of contrast between the wheel and tire, it's more that black wheels always seem to look dirty to me... never bright and clean. Although, the chrome lip, like on San's wheels, certainly does seem to help.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Then Adrian you must hate Gunmetal colored wheel.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:25 AM
I actually LOVE gunmetal colored wheels, especially what SSR calls their super black coat... It looks like a chrome gunmetal color. That's what I have on my Porsche. They are bright enough, so they don't look dirty to me, but have just enough color to them that they provide some nice contrast. That'swhat I'm having trouble deciding on... that finish or the standard silver finish... Here's the one's I'm thinking of getting:

http://www.ssr-wheels.com/wheels/vf1_1819.asp

My appologies to the OP... Sorry, I wasn't trying to theadjack this thread... it just seems to have turned into a full on discussion about wheels.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice rims Adrian, those would look awesome!

Old 03-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My appologies to the OP... Sorry, I wasn't trying to theadjack this thread... it just seems to have turned into a full on discussion about wheels.
I don't mind at all. This is a public place, and I debated the same thing myself. I was really torn between gunmetal and black. There was a set of 20" iForged Neo's (flat black w/ chrome lip) that I almost went for. iForged had them on Ebay, but they were sedan offsets for about $2500. In the end, I decided I wanted 19" wheels, and these GTS's were available.

Carry on, and I hope to have some mounted pics of my wheels in the next week.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by boss81
Nice rims Adrian, those would look awesome!
Thanks, Will.... I've always loved these rims, but never had a car to put them on. About a year ago I almost sold the SSR GT03's I have on my Porsche just so I could buy these... LOL... But now I have a car to put them on... My wife thinks their too "sporty" for a sedan, though... what do you think?

Originally Posted by jran76
I don't mind at all. This is a public place, and I debated the same thing myself. I was really torn between gunmetal and black. There was a set of 20" iForged Neo's (flat black w/ chrome lip) that I almost went for. iForged had them on Ebay, but they were sedan offsets for about $2500. In the end, I decided I wanted 19" wheels, and these GTS's were available.

Carry on, and I hope to have some mounted pics of my wheels in the next week.
Thanks, jran... IMO you made the right decison. I love the gunmetal finish on you GTS's... They provide just enough contrast on you LP without being overly dark. Quick question for you, why did you want to go with 19's? Just curious, because I'd also prefer to go with 19's, mainly because I'd like to maintain a decent ride, so the more sidewall the better for me, plus the tires are slightly cheaper in the 19" sizes.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks, Will.... I've always loved these rims, but never had a car to put them on. About a year ago I almost sold the SSR GT03's I have on my Porsche just so I could buy these... LOL... But now I have a car to put them on... My wife thinks their too "sporty" for a sedan, though... what do you think?

Thanks, jran... IMO you made the right decison. I love the gunmetal finish on you GTS's... They provide just enough contrast on you LP without being overly dark. Quick question for you, why did you want to go with 19's? Just curious, because I'd also prefer to go with 19's, mainly because I'd like to maintain a decent ride, so the more sidewall the better for me, plus the tires are slightly cheaper in the 19" sizes.
Too sporty?!?! there is no such thing as too sporty for our sedans because they are sporty . and yes 2go, those are nice wheels you chose.

To answer the question directed to jran, the GTS max size are 19's

Old 03-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I went with 19's pretty much for the reasons you listed. I don't like to sacrifice performance for looks. 20's get too heavy, and give up some ride comfort. I really like the performance of light-weight 18's, and they also give good ride comfort. This is what I had on my G35 (18" Enkei's that weighed about 18 lbs.), but I really like to look of bigger wheels on the G. So, I thought the 19's were a good compromise. The weight and slimmed down sidewalls of 20's scared me off.... Here are a couple pics of my old car with 18's.

Attached Thumbnails Let the Modding Begin....-back_small.jpg   Let the Modding Begin....-front_small.jpg   Let the Modding Begin....-side_small.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Let the Modding Begin....