Teaser Thread - Bunch of New Stuff

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2009 | 05:27 AM
Looks good man. Congrats on the wheels.
Now drop it lol j/k

Old 05-31-2009 | 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by popcornten
Should i pull the trigger on the gt FSB and/or stillen roof spoiler? The roof spoiler is on sale for like 80 off right now so i feel like i should even tho I won't get it painted now....
The FSB is my vote, it has performance potential whereas the spoiler doesn't.

Old 05-31-2009 | 04:05 PM
I feel a front upper strut brace would be a waste of money.

Old 06-01-2009 | 12:37 AM
|
The answer to these questions has become helmet and racing gloves for autox this weekend

Went to texas world speedway today and watched the performance driving school - amazing, looks like the most fun in the world and I'm for sure doing the next one. They were so nice there, they let us take 3 parade laps around the full 3.1 mile road course at "street" speeds. We all had to stay in line and behind a pace car but it was ridiculously fun nonetheless. Snapped a few quick pictures. Still waiting on bulbs before I open a new thread.

I'm gonna get flamed for the last pic cuz it really looks like it needs a drop in that one haha. oh well

Old 06-01-2009 | 12:49 AM
-MN G Crew-
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
My god man you make me want a V36 so much more. One of these will be my next car. You are so lucky. I need some money to trade my car off for an 08 LOL

Old 06-01-2009 | 07:29 AM
Awesome with the helmet! Which one did you get? I have a GForceP and it works pretty well even in the heat (i've used it for Karting so far, but the airflow is pretty good and i actually prefer using it with the shield down). Are you going to the Texas Z Party by any chance?

Old 06-01-2009 | 06:21 PM
|
Originally Posted by soundmike
Awesome with the helmet! Which one did you get? I have a GForceP and it works pretty well even in the heat (i've used it for Karting so far, but the airflow is pretty good and i actually prefer using it with the shield down). Are you going to the Texas Z Party by any chance?
I ordered a GForce Pro Phenom in white (i was looking for the SA2005 rating) cuz it was a pretty damn good deal at only $150
http://www.saferacer.com/g-force-pro...productid=1871

and GForce gloves
http://www.saferacer.com/g-force-gf-...?productid=899

Also ran out and picked up a torque wrench, gloves and yellow crayon at home depot to work on my tires at the event.

I'm undecided about Z Party - I'll probably decide a few days out. I don't think I'll do the driving event, but may come out just to check out all the cars and maybe get a dyno run just for kicks

Old 06-01-2009 | 08:24 PM
The rims looks great on the car. How does the ride compare to stock?

Old 06-01-2009 | 09:01 PM
|
Originally Posted by 2007BlueSlate
The rims looks great on the car. How does the ride compare to stock?
thanks!

haven't noticed any difference. MAYBE a little harder feeling but most likely that's just placebo. Doesn't really feel different at all - I've been driving it much more laid back though because I can't go keep going through sets of tires in <20,000 miles like my old ones lol

I did weigh a front wheel/tire of each. The G37 wheel was 55lbs I believe. The OEM Sport front was only about 47lbs! It does have a lot less tread on it, so the 37 wheels are probably 6+ pounds heavier.

Old 06-02-2009 | 07:31 AM
I ordered a GForce Pro Phenom in white (i was looking for the SA2005 rating) cuz it was a pretty damn good deal at only $150
http://www.saferacer.com/g-force-pro...productid=1871

and GForce gloves
http://www.saferacer.com/g-force-gf-...?productid=899

Also ran out and picked up a torque wrench, gloves and yellow crayon at home depot to work on my tires at the event.

I'm undecided about Z Party - I'll probably decide a few days out. I don't think I'll do the driving event, but may come out just to check out all the cars and maybe get a dyno run just for kicks
I hope you utilized Live/Bing.com's cashback and bought it on eBay to save an additional 8%

Good idea on those "tools", don't forget a nice jack. If you can get hold of a car mag, there's usually anywhere from a 15-20% discount coupon for Harbor Freight, which has some pretty good light duty jacks.

Would be nice if you can make it out there. If you don't run, i believe it's $10 to join everyone at MSR. Or, if you head out to the BBQ the night before you just pay for what you order. I'm not sure how much the dyno will run, but it would be interesting to know how much power your putting down with that Catback, versus, say, me and my relatively stock G.

Old 06-02-2009 | 11:57 AM
looking good, need to be drop, which i have some eibachs for sale

Old 06-02-2009 | 12:03 PM
I'm liking the fogs and rims...but the engine cover doesn't look right. I think its because the color is kinda off in some places. How is this a "teaser" thread?

Old 06-02-2009 | 12:22 PM
The answer to these questions has become helmet and racing gloves for autox this weekend

Went to texas world speedway today and watched the performance driving school - amazing, looks like the most fun in the world and I'm for sure doing the next one. They were so nice there, they let us take 3 parade laps around the full 3.1 mile road course at "street" speeds. We all had to stay in line and behind a pace car but it was ridiculously fun nonetheless. Snapped a few quick pictures. Still waiting on bulbs before I open a new thread.

I'm gonna get flamed for the last pic cuz it really looks like it needs a drop in that one haha. oh well

can you post up a pic of the front lights from far away. i want to see how that looks. im thinking about getting yellow, but then that would be just for looks. i currently have the sylvania super ultra those are the "brightest" oem replacments according to them.
thanks.

Old 06-02-2009 | 02:51 PM
|
Originally Posted by soundmike
I hope you utilized Live/Bing.com's cashback and bought it on eBay to save an additional 8%

Good idea on those "tools", don't forget a nice jack. If you can get hold of a car mag, there's usually anywhere from a 15-20% discount coupon for Harbor Freight, which has some pretty good light duty jacks.

Would be nice if you can make it out there. If you don't run, i believe it's $10 to join everyone at MSR. Or, if you head out to the BBQ the night before you just pay for what you order. I'm not sure how much the dyno will run, but it would be interesting to know how much power your putting down with that Catback, versus, say, me and my relatively stock G.
No idea what that is... I just bought it on SafeRacer.com - they're great about returns so I chose that over eBay.

I've already spent so much more than I wanted to haha -I'll probably stick with the Infiniti jack. It works, a pain in the ***, but it works and saves money so its fine with me.

It sounds like a good time, I'll for sure try and make it out with a friend or something.

Originally Posted by 95 maxima se
looking good, need to be drop, which i have some eibachs for sale
well... i already said I don't want to drop it... but thanks for trying to sell your stuff on my thread

Originally Posted by supracrazy
I'm liking the fogs and rims...but the engine cover doesn't look right. I think its because the color is kinda off in some places. How is this a "teaser" thread?
Yea - the cover didn't come out exactly as planned. I may go over it for a 3rd time with matte black and see if that cleans it up - and its not as shiny as in the photo

Well it WAS a teaser thread cuz I didn't have everything installed at first, but now I've got everything but the 8000Ks in and it's just becoming the real thread i guess...

Originally Posted by suby01
can you post up a pic of the front lights from far away. i want to see how that looks. im thinking about getting yellow, but then that would be just for looks. i currently have the sylvania super ultra those are the "brightest" oem replacments according to them.
thanks.
Further away than the one in post #11? It's hard cuz my camera sucks at picking up lights - it just kinda blends them all together. It really does look great at night though, if you're looking for a real YELLOW fog then I would absolutey recommend the Luminics

Old 06-02-2009 | 10:30 PM
Nice mods. Keep it up.

And yes... I get flamed non stop as well... for the drop.

Stay on this forum long enough, your mind about the drop will change. Thats whats happening to me.. sadly. lol

Aesonvirus has been swayed already... lol He use to be hardset on the No drop business as well. In time my friend.. in time. Mark my words. lol I was like you before.

But now, i think, I'll do a drop next spring.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser Thread - Bunch of New Stuff