Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

New Kenwood Touch Screen Nav

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JayJay
and what was the point of this???
Wellllll, there were a couple of reason. Convenience is one. This is useful for those of us that did not initially get the navigation when we first bought the car. Also along with it IMO is a good safety feature, as I now can control my iPod through the system instead of the iPod itself. I know the 08s have the factory iPod dock connector, but hte 07s did not. And I assumed that seeing as there was only 1 year in which the car didnt have it, no one would waste the time or money to make an iPod kit specifically for the 07 sedan.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:35 PM
ok as long as your happy with it, i just didnt think it was really possible to replace the factory screen!

Old 07-05-2009, 10:41 PM
how is the video quality from an ipod on it? and where did u buy these things?

Old 07-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by JayJay
ok as long as your happy with it, i just didnt think it was really possible to replace the factory screen!
Yeah I love it. The navigation works flawlessly.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Pdubz
how is the video quality from an ipod on it? and where did u buy these things?
Ive only watched 1 video on it. And the quality was very nice. I bought everything from CarTunes in Atlanta. They are an authorized dealer of Kenwood. They also installed everything.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so how you manage to get the AC controls does these comes on kenwood screen,can you please explain if possible and how they linked the steering controls to this unit?

Old 09-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by docaam
so how you manage to get the AC controls does these comes on kenwood screen,can you please explain if possible and how they linked the steering controls to this unit?
The factory system is connected to a a secondary input on the screen. They installed a switch in between my 2 heated seats buttons to allow me to switch between the factory system and the CarPortal system. As long as you're not constantly changing the temperature, or you remember where you have it set at, it's not really a hassle. As far as the details on the installation, I really don't know. I left it at CarTunes in ATL for 2 days and they did everything. Contact Corey at CarTunes in ATL for more info.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
I give you big props for daring to mess with such a stock system and making it work nicely for you! looks nice and sounds like a neat setup and yes if you're the main user of the car things like ac and stuff become quite familiar and easy to use even without having to see the status on the screen.

Great job on doing something different in the 2nd gen and making it look close to stock!

Old 09-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
I give you big props for daring to mess with such a stock system and making it work nicely for you! looks nice and sounds like a neat setup and yes if you're the main user of the car things like ac and stuff become quite familiar and easy to use even without having to see the status on the screen.

Great job on doing something different in the 2nd gen and making it look close to stock!
Thanks, but i cant take the credit for it. I first saw it done on a 2nd gen on myg37.com. I then just showed it to CarTunes and they said they could do it so i was WTH why not.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi, I just to clear one thing when you switch back to factory screen you get the same screen as everyone in the Kenwood? and what happens when you switch off the audio through the vol button whats on the screen?

Old 09-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi, I just to clear one thing when you switch back to factory screen you get the same screen as everyone in the Kenwood? and what happens when you switch off the audio through the vol button whats on the screen?
As far as switching back to the factory screen, I see the same options as everyone else does with their factory screen. All they did was take the output from the original system and plug it into one of the inputs on the KOS-V1000.

I'm not sure what you mean by what happens on the screen when I switch off the audio.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:38 PM
sorry for bothering you...what i meant when you close (turn off audio) the factory system on the screen you can view fuel/AC etc. what happens when you close you kenwood like you can view factory setting if the player is off as the screen will be off as well isint???

Old 09-05-2009, 05:59 PM
sorry for bothering you...what i meant when you close (turn off audio) the factory system on the screen you can view fuel/AC etc. what happens when you close you kenwood like you can view factory setting if the player is off as the screen will be off as well isint???
If I'm running off of the Kenwood CarPortal input, than all I can view is that. I am unable to view anything from the factory input unless have have the switch flipped to the factory system. Likewise when viewing the factory system input, I am unable to view anything from the Kenwood CarPortal system.

The only things that you can view at the same time is the Navigation and radio/mp3. I am able to view the Nav screen and if I choose, it will also show a small 2 line viewing of whatever the radio is on, or track its on when listening to an mp3 player.

If you want to know anything else just let me know. Im in Iraq so I have nothing else better to do LOL

Old 09-06-2009, 12:31 AM
lol

now i think thats all i need to ask...its a nice setup but it has to be on all the time to see anything thats it...if there any way you can see the AC control and status things while the audio is switched off??

Old 09-06-2009, 12:34 AM
lol

now i think thats all i need to ask...its a nice setup but it has to be on all the time to see anything thats it...if there any way you can see the AC control and status things while the audio is switched off??
Well unless u got some messed up weather where you are from, there is no need to see the temp setting all the time. At least IMO anyway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Kenwood Touch Screen Nav