Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

My G got nailed on the freeway!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 12:26 PM
ckp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pictures are up!!! sorry took so long, and sorry for such crappy pics but it was from an iphone, and I wasn't even there since i wasn't driving my car when it happened...

Old 10-28-2009, 12:30 PM
ckp
one plus is that i may be getting a new front bumper to my car (which is nice because I do have some scratches/scraps...the reason why is because he hit me with such force that my car kinda tipped forward causing my front bumper to scrap the ground and cause a pretty good sized scrap in paint of the lower part of the bumper.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:43 PM
ckp
pics: also the pics dont do the damage justice. i wasn't driving and i wasn't there someone else was driving my car (not by my choice) and all they had was an iphone for pics. if you see pics from the other side you can see frame damage and stuff. my rear left door won't even open and neither will my gas tank door. rear windshield shattered but didn't fall through because of the tint i think.

here is a direct link to my photobucket account for those who can't see the pics posted...disregard any ther pics i have in there i just put all pics into one album.

This pic they show they had to cut off exhaust to get his bike unattached to my car:

Old 10-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch! Your pics make the damage that was done to my car seem minor in comparison...

Old 10-28-2009, 02:20 PM
ckp
^ ya your telling me...its sad to see my ride in that condition

Old 10-28-2009, 05:14 PM
that makes me feel so sad. I hope everybody was OK. BTW who was driving you car? and i think if you can get the insurance company to write it off as totaled you would be better off now since it has frame damage and it wont be the same ever again.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:22 PM
ckp
ya everyone was ok...so i have never had to deal with insurance claims before so..if they were to write it off as totaled how does that work? they cut me a check for the bluebook value? or for the amount I paid for the car? then if I have a loan for the car I pay that back and then use the remaining for a new car....

Old 10-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
That's not totalled... expensive to fix, but I doubt it's totalled.
Minus the damage, the car looks great. Makes me wanna debadge the INFINITI (LOL)

Glad nobody's hurt or dead. That guy must have been built like a brick poop house.
Most people would not have walked away from something like that.
GL with the repairs.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
holy crap.. can't believe that bike guys survived..

is it possible that he couldn't see your taillights because it's tinted?

i almost ran into a rice-out maxima once because i couldn't see his dark tinted tails light up.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:42 PM
awhile back, the insurance company totaled my civic eventhough i thought it was fixable. the way they figure out the value is they compiled a list of cars similarly equipped to mine that was sold in my area and average the price. they will then present this to you and if you agree to the amount then they will cut you a check. NO, they will not pay you the amount you owe on your loan...that's what "GAP" insurance is for. hope that helps.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Dang...

He must have hit you pretty hard...

Old 10-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
I was rear ended in August. Any how Open your truck take the spare tire out and look at the trunk floor, as well as look on the side of the inside of your trink where you frame rails are if they are bent.

Frame rail is on the top portion of this pic, that roughly were that black strip is.

This was 3.6k to repair. Plus diminished value which we have not yet calculated.

Yours has Trunk, rear quarter panel and the taillighst,exhaust,rear windshield involved over mine

Last edited by thescreensavers; 10-28-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ I agree.

Have your body shop check for frame damage. My G was totalled out from having the tip of the unibody being bent outward less than 1/4 of an inch.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm guessing about 7-8k to fix your car, since you're gonna need a new rear quarter panel, light, rear windshield, trunk, and muffler, plus paint and blending...

Old 10-29-2009, 01:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dont think that is a tottal!! I work at a local body shop, and seen way worse hits! looks like a rear Qtr, Rear Floor, would not be suprised if u need to replace that left side rear frame rail, since they are made to collapse on Impact! which looks like it did, since u cannot open your reaf left door! also a rear body, trunk, lots of stuff, I'd say closer to $9-11 G's to fix! since Infiniti parts are very expensive! did your side Air Bag go off? can't tell. if it did, thats another $3-5G's right there! Hate to see your G like that bro! hope it can be fixed, whic i'm pretty sure it will, hope there's no roof damage? any kinks in the roof? like by the sunroof area?

But glad everyone is OK! Best of luck dude, and keep us updated about your ride! If that were mine i would cry! LOL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G got nailed on the freeway!