Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

My G got nailed on the freeway!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:12 AM
ckp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down My G got nailed on the freeway!

so long story short my G sedan got hit by a motorcycle doing 65 on the freeway. no one was hurt. but my car is jacked. i will have pics up real soon. the motorcycle driver did have geico insurance and they are covering my damages since it was obviously his fault, the questions I had for you guys was do you think I can get them to detail my entire car? i ask because I saw some scratches that came from pieces from my tailights and pieces from his bike that hit other parts of my car that left minor-moderate scratches. Who do I ask to do this? the autobody shop (who is one of the best in the area)? do I ask the autobody shop to send it to a reputable detailer that I pick? or what?? I am sure most of you have seen the work and time I put into my car and how well I took care of it...this really sucks (even though it is being fixed)....he hit me so hard that they had to cut off the tip of my left exhaust pipe cuz it was stuck to his bike...i will have pics up tonight of the damage...let me know about any tips, opinions, etc. to get my car looking nice again and maybe some ideas of what i can do to my ride since they will be replacing a lot of stuff on it...thanks!

pics: also the pics dont do the damage justice. i wasn't driving and i wasn't there someone else was driving my car (not by my choice) and all they had was an iphone for pics. if you see pics from the other side you can see frame damage and stuff. my rear left door won't even open and neither will my gas tank door. rear windshield shattered but didn't fall through because of the tint i think.

here is a direct link to my photobucket account for those who can't see the pics posted...disregard any ther pics i have in there i just put all pics into one album.

This pic they show they had to cut off exhaust to get his bike unattached to my car:

Last edited by ckp; 10-28-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:16 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by ckp
so long story short my G sedan got hit by a motorcycle doing 65 on the freeway. no one was hurt. but my car is jacked. i will have pics up real soon. the motorcycle driver did have geico insurance and they are covering my damages since it was obviously his fault, the questions I had for you guys was do you think I can get them to detail my entire car? i ask because I saw some scratches that came from pieces from my tailights and pieces from his bike that hit other parts of my car that left minor-moderate scratches. Who do I ask to do this? the autobody shop (who is one of the best in the area)? do I ask the autobody shop to send it to a reputable detailer that I pick? or what?? I am sure most of you have seen the work and time I put into my car and how well I took care of it...this really sucks (even though it is being fixed)....he hit me so hard that they had to cut off the tip of my left exhaust pipe cuz it was stuck to his bike...i will have pics up tonight of the damage...let me know about any tips, opinions, etc. to get my car looking nice again and maybe some ideas of what i can do to my ride since they will be replacing a lot of stuff on it...thanks!
Hard to say without seeing the damage. Did the bike rider survive the 65 mph crash?

Old 10-27-2009, 11:20 AM
ckp
ya i know i will get pics up asap. yes he walked away (surprisingly)

Old 10-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
hot dang! rear ended by a motorcycle and he walked away... good! wonderful! glad no one was really hurt.
Last year around this time, I rear ended a car on my motorcycle also. I was going about 30 mph, splitting lanes though traffic and some idiot tried to block my way. anyhow I hit someone, during impact I flew forward and hit the ground passed out, and broke my wrist... and this guy going 65 hit someone and no injuries!?! someone is on his side...

For your car, I would point that out to the adjuster/quoter, maybe they could add the damages to the initial quote.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics!

Old 10-27-2009, 12:35 PM
ckp
i will tonight....

Old 10-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
+1 for the adjuster... they make the call on what damages will be covered, so highlight your thoughts with them.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Be at the shop when the adjuster makes the appraisal of you car. Make sure you point out damages caused by the accident

Old 10-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
...sorry to hear about your car, but DAMN! the guy walked away??? wow!

Old 10-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Pics indeed

Old 10-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car man, any pix of the damage?

Old 10-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Wow, just read this, sorry to hear it, but glad everyone is ok.

Waiting impatiently for pics to see how big of a miracle it was for the biker to walk away...

Old 10-28-2009, 12:55 AM
Wow, you too, huh? Just this past Friday, I also got hit on the freeway. I had simply been cruising @ 65mph in my lane for already a good 10min when bam I felt a hit from behind. Both cars pull over. It turns out to be a 70+ year-old lady. =P No one was hurt. While apparently trying to change lanes, she somehow managed to ram the front right corner of her bumper into my rear left bumper and quarter panel. How the F she didn't see my car (which was obviously already all the way out in front of her car, as one can tell from the points of impact) beats the hells out of me. Funny thing is when I sorta confronted her, she said "oh, I thought you hit me." uhhhhhh okaaay. Anyway, 70+ year-old ladies driving FTGDMFL.

I report the accident to my insurance co. the very same day, and also decide to call her insurance co. three days later. Turns out she hadn't called in the accident, and attempts by her insurance co. to reach her via phone to get her statement end up in a message saying the number is disconnected. Even the rep from her insurance co. seemed to be on my side and thought the whole situation was funny.

Everything will eventually be fixed, but it just sucks to get hit through no fault of my own (and in such a stupid, laughable manner) after 3 yrs of accident-free ownership.

Last edited by CalsonicVQ; 10-28-2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you got hit from behind by a 70 year old lady?

Old 10-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Glad everybody is ok. if you are taking it to the best autobody shop in the area then they should have no problem buffing out the scratches.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G got nailed on the freeway!