Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

My rims shipped yesterday!! HOLLER!!! - PICS -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 02:26 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Those are sick looking wheels, Wes! Nice!

Old 12-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Looks absolutely fantastic, Wes. Those things look huge even without tires on them.

So, did you happen to test fit one of the factory TPMS sensor on the wheels yet?
They do look huge dont they!? :P its gonna be great Adrian!!

No I didnt. hehe I wont be putting any TPMS on these bad boys.

Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Those are sick looking wheels, Wes! Nice!
Thanks!!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Wes! Awesome rims buddy! Congratz

Old 12-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GREAT looking rims! On a sadder note for myself, I just took my M45 rims off and put my stockers back on - too cheap to buy new tires when I have a set of near brand new stock rims/tires sitting around. But, at least my TPMS light stays off now.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hmmm you know wesley, with that upgrade to bigger wheels, there will be a huge gap b/w your rotors and your wheels which can only be solved by getting a nice, sik BBK. so when you getting one???

Old 12-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by hullio
Wes! Awesome rims buddy! Congratz
Thanks Hullio! Im still waiting on your mods man!!

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
GREAT looking rims! On a sadder note for myself, I just took my M45 rims off and put my stockers back on - too cheap to buy new tires when I have a set of near brand new stock rims/tires sitting around. But, at least my TPMS light stays off now.
ACK!! really eh.... hehe If your running the 17's, those eagle RS-A's are bad tires!!! get new tires for your M45's!!

Originally Posted by G35xQX1
hmmm you know wesley, with that upgrade to bigger wheels, there will be a huge gap b/w your rotors and your wheels which can only be solved by getting a nice, sik BBK. so when you getting one???
haha that would be great... but those bbk's wont clear my winter setup. Im running the stock 17's for winters

Old 12-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Wes_888
bbk's wont clear my winter setup. Im running the stock 17's for winters
I have the same problem and if I bring in a fourth set of wheels for this car, the wife may have a thing or two to say about it.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Needs a drop.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:18 PM
The drop is happening my friend :P

Have you experienced any snowy days yet Scott? I'd love to hear your driving experience with the drop.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I would like to know as well Scott. The little storm we got a couple days ago I know certain areas got snow and others got rain. I got a fun mixture of slush in my area.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ACK!! really eh.... hehe If your running the 17's, those eagle RS-A's are bad tires!!! get new tires for your M45's!!
Heck no. I wouldn't have slapped on stock 17s. Thankfully, my car came w/ the 18" sport rims.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Wes looks awesome man, can't wait to see the full effect (drop+tires).

As for the winter, like I said, any more than 4" of snow and it's being crushed under the front AWD assembly. No big deal though. Traction wise, the X is FANTASTIC. lovin the AWD, it's like winter driving dummy-proof.

To give you an even better idea of winter driving an X, the only real time i scrape the underside is if snow is fresh on the road where the plows haven't got to it. or tim hortons drive thru when they fail to plow that midle section between the tires and it ices up. so other than your coffee run, you'll be fine.

awesome wheels again.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you on oem suspension?

Old 12-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Thanks Johnny. I got other things planned as well. Its gonna look sweet come spring
Allright. Thanks for the info regarding the snow!

Blue - Yes its oem suspension.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:12 AM
The drop is happening my friend :P

Have you experienced any snowy days yet Scott? I'd love to hear your driving experience with the drop.
Yeah, we got about 6 inches where I am the other day. I cleared the driveway but the plows were not very active so the roads were still very covered. Any time there's snow on the road, the tires of passing cars throw it to the sides, leaving that horrible rut of snow in the middle of the road. This did get about 4 inches in height at times and I could hear it rubbing a little bit under there, but nothing too horrible. Nothing ever got high enough to touch the front lip or anything, so all in all, the 50 mile commute through back roads and the Mass Pike went without a hitch. I'm no longer as worried as I once was, but I'm still very careful. If I see something tall coming, I try to let one of the hideous 17" Blizzaks take so it gets squashed by the tire and not the belly of my car.

The only real concern is when it snows and then the temp drops to single digits. Any blocks of snow become boulders and you don't want to hit those but honestly, the drop is not that much of a drop to begin with. What's an inch or so anyway? I watch for obstacles a little more carefully now, but the car has done great in the snow. It's still a tank!

Wes, the wheels look great and I can't wait to see what's what in the Spring.
When are we ordering the FSB's? Have you ordered yet? I want the bar but after that, my modding days may be over. There's little left for me to do without large investments and with more than 50K on the thing already, I'm just not feeling it anymore. I'd rather put the extra coin into a used Tacoma or something, so this lasts a little longer. I'd like to see it last long enough so that the kids are old enough to allow my next toy to be a coupe and not another sedan.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My rims shipped yesterday!! HOLLER!!! - PICS -