Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Akebono's + Stillen + 6000K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 06:08 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
I can try and get some pics taken tomorrow afternoon after I finish cleaning the car, but it'll be hard to tell the difference unless you see a before and after pic. There should be a before and after pic on one of the threads, I remember looking at one before I bought mine. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:20 AM
You're Despicable

You know what, I've decided against the black roof, I saw a few Mercs, Lexus's yesterday with black roofs, they look alright but TBH I think it looks better in IP. Plus I want to get the rear roof spoiler which should finish off the look nicely.

I also had to order another Yokohama Advan rim because one of my got bent slightly while driving over some crap on the motorway, so I'll keep that one as my spare for now.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks very nice, gotta love those akebonos

Old 05-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great! can you give a quick review of your stillen gen 3 intake? Im very interested just worried bout the cutting involved.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Defratos
I also had to order another Yokohama Advan rim because one of my got bent slightly while driving over some crap on the motorway, so I'll keep that one as my spare for now.
why dont you get it repaired? it not that difficult

Old 05-24-2010, 04:02 AM
You're Despicable

Originally Posted by 07PlatinumS
Looks great! can you give a quick review of your stillen gen 3 intake? Im very interested just worried bout the cutting involved.
Humm ok well, let start of by saying you need patience when doing this filter. I started at 4pm and finished by 7pm. The main reason why it took my soo long was because I was messing about with the headlights changing bulbs. But anyway, I'll recommend taking the bumper off, if you don't you'll find it near impossible to be honest.

The cutting involved wasn't too bad, I have a dermal with a flexible head so it was easy to cut the holes initially, then you have to make sure that you keep on measuring and cutting a bit more, to finally get the pipes to fit through.

What I found harder was trying to get the two filters on the front to try and screw down together evenly. The passenger side one went in fine but the driver's side filter needed some force to push it into the retaining hole at the end of the filter but nothing too serious.

Putting the bumper back was no problem, no parts are hanging or are in the way to stop the bumper from going back on.

Driving impressions:

When I first drove out my drive way there were a few squeaks from the metal air filter tubes rubbing up on some engine bay plastic bits. I've wrapped some nice foam around those areas and now I have 0 squeaks.

The car at WOT is lovely, I love the noise of the filters. I do feel that I might have lost some slight low down tq but to be honest once the car gets going it seems to speed up faster maybe that's just in my head but I love them so far. I just need to install the debris shield that came with the filters, I was too tired to try and install it last time so I might get around to doing that sometime soon.

Originally Posted by docaam
why dont you get it repaired? it not that difficult
Well I have gotten it repaired, but it's not back to perfect, it's much better than before and it doesn't rattle or anything, but for piece of mind I've ordered another one and I'll keep this one as my spare wheel whenever I need one .

BTW Sorry guys for not taking pics of the 6000K I will eventually get around to it

Old 05-30-2010, 01:54 AM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Brakes look amazing, man! Really love the contrast between the candy red and the IP paint. Great job!!

Oh, and sorry to hear about your wheel.... I had the same thing happen to me a couple of months ago.. hit a HUGE pothole and bent two wheels and blew out the sidewall of one of the tires. Ended up cpsting me ~$750 for two new tires and having the wheels straightened... everything back to normal now thankfully.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:21 AM
You're Despicable

Thank dude, yeah I'm really loving the CAR paint on the car, but now I feel that the rotors are missing so I might be getting that done at some point.

As for the Rim, I had to order a new one which should be arriving in a day or two, because they fixed my dented wheel but I'm not confident driving with it 24/7 so I'll have it as my spare wheel

Old 06-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Definitely go for it! I love my RacingBrake rotors... just put a set on Travis' (KulG35) car too, along with his new Akebono's, and he's lovin' them too.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
What pads are you using with those rotors?

Old 06-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Per RacingBrake's recommendation we're both running Hawk HPS pads. So far I'm VERY happy with them. They are even quieter than the stock pads and create very little dust. Combined with the RacingBrake rotors they are consistent and easy to modulate and for normal spiritted street driving are fade free.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Sounds good. The stock akebono rotors and pads feel too "soft" IMO. I prefer something with greater initial bite (kinda like BMW brakes), so I'm hoping these rotors and pads will fix the issue.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
I thought our stock lights were 6000k or 5000k, what are they? Your car is sick. I love that grille. Did you painted yourself?

Old 06-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
mmmoooaaaar loww!!! looks great man

Old 06-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
Sounds good. The stock akebono rotors and pads feel too "soft" IMO. I prefer something with greater initial bite (kinda like BMW brakes), so I'm hoping these rotors and pads will fix the issue.
I'm on OEM pads for DD, i noticed it was rather soft at first but after a couple of bedding procedures the initial bite is quite good. So much so that i have to back down a bit.

Originally Posted by salvador312
I thought our stock lights were 6000k or 5000k, what are they?
4300k that eventually color-shifts to 5000k.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Akebono's + Stillen + 6000K