Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Summer of the Interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Summer of the Interior

I have been putting a lot of work into my interior as of late and I wanted to put up a few pictures for everyone to see. I have had a few people asking about my interior trim first and foremost. The trim is through IGT Automotive and is their carbon fiber 2x2 with the gloss finish. The panels are all OEM replacements i.e. there is no type of film that is laid on top of the existing trim nor is it a wrap of any sort. Everything is carbon fiber . I have to put out a big thank you to Paul over at IGT, they just come out perfect and I couldn't be any happier with the results.

The next bit of new interior design would be the shift boot that I purchase from Locksmith here on the forum. Again very very good to work with! I decided on black suede for the boot which looked fantastic when I received it. When it came to installation the boot did not fit right as I have the M45 shift **** which sits a bit higher then the OEM boot. I spoke to Locksmith and we went over about getting a boot which has slightly longer material to be a nice custom fit with the boot. He switched everything out for me with no problems as all even though I did not inform him of the difference of height from the original boot. Lock was also very quick to get everything sent out to me as well and again I couldn't be happier.

My last bit of new interior goodies would be the kick plates. I have always been a fan of the kick plates and just knew I would pick them up at some point. I was a bit hesitant to do the install myself and ran into a couple minor issues along the way but did end up with a perfect install. I think they look great.

What comes next for the interior you ask? ...

Well the only thing left would be to get the flat bottom steering wheel from IGT as well. I plan to do it in the same gloss carbon fiber of course on the top and bottom of the wheel and to the left and right I will have the matching black suede from the boot provided from Locksmith. In addition I will have the paddles done in the carbon fiber as well. I will be sure to update everything when I end with my final interior pieces. I hope you enjoyed the pics.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Looks great man! Congrats!!

Old 08-02-2010, 06:25 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
When i get my sedan, i want to do this. That looks great!

Old 08-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks guys!!! I can't wait to get my wheel and paddles to finish up the interior. Now I need to work on a drop and some nice wheels.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interior looks sick bro, can't wait to see it with the new steering wheel and paddles installed.
I wish I had black interior so I could get the CF trim Don't think it would look too good with the wheat interior.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Borna
Interior looks sick bro, can't wait to see it with the new steering wheel and paddles installed.
I wish I had black interior so I could get the CF trim Don't think it would look too good with the wheat interior.
Hey you never know until you try it out. When I first saw Carbon Fiber trim on our G's it was only with all black interiors even when it came to the CF wraps. I knew I wanted the IGT panels (Because I fell in love with Ian's interior) but was worried about dropping the $$ if it would look odd with the stone interior. I started with doing the CF wrap, which some of you may remember my thread a while back, and I loved how it looked. From there I got in contact with Paul from IGT soon after that. Now I believe I am the first with the IGT panels with a stone interior??

Old 08-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Very nice and I also love those pedals!

Old 08-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Looks great man very sick interior!!!

Old 08-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Greekboy115
Hey you never know until you try it out. When I first saw Carbon Fiber trim on our G's it was only with all black interiors even when it came to the CF wraps. I knew I wanted the IGT panels (Because I fell in love with Ian's interior) but was worried about dropping the $$ if it would look odd with the stone interior. I started with doing the CF wrap, which some of you may remember my thread a while back, and I loved how it looked. From there I got in contact with Paul from IGT soon after that. Now I believe I am the first with the IGT panels with a stone interior??
I may look into it but at the same time I like how the wood trim looks with my wheat interior.
Oh and btw I forgot to type black or stone interior cause it sure does look good in your car.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Looks fantastic and I appreciate the photos! The pieces compliment your interior perfectly.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:16 PM
I appreciate the comments guys. It seems like the modding just has no end to it as soon as one thing is done the wheels keep turning and turning.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous.

My IGT interior is one thing I'm really going to miss, now that I've decided to sell my G.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Say it ain't so Ian. Your the man who started this interior progress for me after drooling over yours.

Are you picking up something else or just downsizing?

Old 08-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
I have a Z4 M Coupe as a weekend toy now, and I have an F150 that gets a lot of the DD duty for work.
I'm just not getting much use out of the G; it's just sitting around most of the time.
It's not easy to let it go, but it's hard to justify keeping it.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:04 PM
I hear you man. The Z4 M is a beautiful car I saw one at a parking lot not too long ago I couldn't keep my eyes off it. It must be a blast to take it around a track as well. While you are downsizing I am thinking about adding a second to my fleet. I don't have a lot of $$ to spend but I have had my eye on a 944, I just have always loved them. Plus who can really go wrong with a Porsche?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Summer of the Interior