Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Nite shade tints

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I can see the saran wrap on the pictures lol, good idea! I think the tails look pretty good stock but now your tinted tails go so much better with your mod scheme. Now all you need to do is wrap the door frames and you're good to go! So, I'm not the best at DIY stuff but I was able to paint my grille without a problem. Is this easier than that?

Old 11-03-2011, 01:11 AM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by pbabajan
looks good bro! thinking of doing this myself!

Greek, think u can post a pic of urs?
Sorry for the late response yea I can. I'll post it up tomorrow once I'm near my laptop. I've re done them since my first try 2 weeks ago due to overspray. I like the first one better cause it was a dark cherry looks to it. The re do came out darker then I wanted so gonna take it off again and do it lighter

The following users liked this post:
pbabajan (11-03-2011)
Old 11-03-2011, 01:23 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by drivethefive
I can see the saran wrap on the pictures lol, good idea! I think the tails look pretty good stock but now your tinted tails go so much better with your mod scheme. Now all you need to do is wrap the door frames and you're good to go! So, I'm not the best at DIY stuff but I was able to paint my grille without a problem. Is this easier than that?
Yeah I've been wanting to black out those chrome window frames but never got the chance and didn't really think of a good way to do them. This is not easier but its at the same level of difficulty so you should do fine.

Originally Posted by greekgod544
Sorry for the late response yea I can. I'll post it up tomorrow once I'm near my laptop. I've re done them since my first try 2 weeks ago due to overspray. I like the first one better cause it was a dark cherry looks to it. The re do came out darker then I wanted so gonna take it off again and do it lighter
Did you use Nite-Shade as well? If so what did you use to take off the tints?

Old 11-07-2011, 11:24 PM
how much did you sand and prep and what sandpaper did you use? I figured you could just use some adhesion promoter and not have to sand.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:26 PM
also is there a DIY for removal of the lights? Saw one for first gen sedans but not sure if it's the same...

Old 11-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
my nite shade

Sorry again guys for the late response. This is how mine came out.

To take it off I went to home depot and got something called goof off graffiti remover. it should be in a yellow can says professional strentgth on it. all you do is spray it on there and use a clean cloth and just whipe away. it takes it all right off and does not mess up the tail light at all

The following users liked this post:
Feeelax (11-11-2011)
Old 11-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
pics dont work!

Old 11-11-2011, 12:07 PM
also is there a DIY for removal of the lights? Saw one for first gen sedans but not sure if it's the same...
Trust me you don't need a DIY, it was pretty simple. But it should be about the same as the first gens (ASSUMING). One major thing I was afraid of was whether the taillights were attached to the bumper like my previous acura but its just 3 nuts you gotta remove. Just gotta remove the clips to get under the trunk liner then from there you should see a plug and 3 long screws that protrude out. Requires a 8mm socket to remove the nuts from the screws then pop the taillights out. As for the reverse piece of the taillights. You have to remove the Upholstery? piece of the top truck and you will see the same outlay. A plug and 3 screws. Remove the 3 nuts from the screws and push them out. My reverse pieces were attached to double sided tape along with the screws/nuts so I assume your's may be as well so that was the only hassle as to removing the taillights.

Originally Posted by greekgod544
Sorry again guys for the late response. This is how mine came out.

To take it off I went to home depot and got something called goof off graffiti remover. it should be in a yellow can says professional strentgth on it. all you do is spray it on there and use a clean cloth and just whipe away. it takes it all right off and does not mess up the tail light at all
Pics don't work! But the goof off is good to know. Someone told me acetone works or use some gasoline to remove the Nite-Shades but this seems like the better alternative.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:21 PM
thanks dude, one more thing, what sandpaper did you use? I see you mentioned some sanding you did before spraying

Old 11-14-2011, 01:03 AM
thanks dude, one more thing, what sandpaper did you use? I see you mentioned some sanding you did before spraying
Be careful while sanding the taillights b/c my friend mistakenly took 600 grit sandpaper and lol it looks like **** now.
I had a high sandbar and just gently rubbed it. It didn't say what grit it was but I'm pretty sure its around 1500+.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:55 PM
^ I see, I'll go light on the sanding then and spray a coat of adhesion promoter on them before the shade goes on. Can't wait!

Old 11-17-2011, 10:36 AM
^ I see, I'll go light on the sanding then and spray a coat of adhesion promoter on them before the shade goes on. Can't wait!
I've used rubbing alcohol as an adhesion promotor before but don't know how the taillights would like it. I F*UK up bad earlier this week. Decided to throw some clear on it to make it a lil glossier but instead it made it foggy and the tints started showing white spots... it was my mistake because i realized it too late when it started to mist up real quick and I basically clearcoated my tails over mist.... Sanded it off a lil and repainted it without taking the tails off and got some overspray on my left panel..... Hopefully nail polish remover will fix this. I'll give it a try later today

Old 11-17-2011, 02:29 PM
^ I bought a can from Advance Auto Parts and it seemed to work well for my grille and I still have some left so I'll use that. Wonder why your tails fogged up just by adding clear in the first place??? Were they dirty or something?

Old 11-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Clear coat is hard to spray IMHO. If you spray light, it doesn't look glossy. Spray it thick and you can get runs. I think I kind of got the fogging when I did mine too--just wet sanded it some more and applied it a little heavier.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:32 PM
^ I bought a can from Advance Auto Parts and it seemed to work well for my grille and I still have some left so I'll use that. Wonder why your tails fogged up just by adding clear in the first place??? Were they dirty or something?
Not sure. I'm guessing maybe because the tails were wet?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nite shade tints