Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

Chicago Auto Show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Chicago Auto Show

Who is getting the Coupe stretched limo? sweeet!

Old 11-19-2003, 10:01 PM

I currently trying to reserve one with a hot tub and navi.

Old 11-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMaz,

Thanks for the offer - I can probably use the help. I don't know downtown really well so I'm in need of odeas for a breakfast spot. My oldest stepson is a Sophomore at UIC close to McCormick so I am going to consult with him on a breakfast spot near there. If you could help keep tabs on the peeps interested i.e. headcount, that would be great. I think the auto show web site has hotel spots near the center so maybe that's a place to start for peeps coming in over night! Also, if you could keep tabs of the shirt orders and sizes, I'll get over to a screen shop once I get the picture file from Yuichi to see what that will run. I think a screen set up is around $50-$75 and then the shirts are fairly inexpensive. If we have to meet a minimum, I'll buy the extra to give away at other Chi-town meets this coming summer!

That's all I'll need help with. I'll find the restaurant, set the times, meeting places, etc, and try to get extra free tix from Motorwerks. If anyone else out there can barter for some extra free tix to help those who come from Indy or other out of towm locations, that would be great!

Thanks all for the interest in this! It will be the kick off event for 2004!

'03.5 G35 BS Sedan (I love that acronym!)
Stillen Intake, 350Z duct
Hyper-Ground Kit
Lowered!
Bulbs all around!
Splash Guards - Aero
Need Exhaust, Twin Turbo or NOS!

Old 11-20-2003, 01:21 AM

Breakfast is good for me. I live in the city, and can help out there. As far as I know, there isn't too much in the way of breakfast in the neer vacinity of the show. But, in the neer vacinity there will be traffic anyway. It may be best to finda place a little north with some parking... that will be fasster than somewhere neerer to the show. I'll start looking fore a place (others please do the same.) Lets start a list of who wants in for breakfast and shirts. Copy the list to keep it going. Seeing a posted list will bring in more people!

1. 2k2MaximaRIP-Breakfast-Shirt M

Old 11-20-2003, 09:19 AM

How about we have people who are coming PM me with t-shirt size and if they are coming for breakfast. Also, are you bringing anyone? I worry that the info will get lost in the post.

We need to pick a time too. I'll think about breakfast places. There is really is nothing close.

Old 11-20-2003, 11:47 PM

All,

I think I found a place where we can eat breakfast that's downtown and carries a little nostalgia. Lou Mitchell's Diner at 565 W. Jackson Blvd. is a well-known Chicago breakfast spot that known for "high-fat breakfasts and comfort food lunches. Start the day with double yolk eggs and homemade hash browns by the skillet. Later break for meat loaf and mashed potatoes. Though out-the-door waits are common, tables turn rapidly and staffers dole out doughnut holes and Milk Duds to pacify pangs". What I'll do is get there around 8:30 and wait in line. If you all show up by 9:00 and meet me there, we can eat and then get to McCormick place for the show around 10-10:30 AM. The earlier the better - way less crowded! Fare at Lou's is around $8.00 per person and up from there, especially if you like thick-sliced bacon! I've been there before and the pancakes are to die for!!!! A link to a review web site with a clickable link to a map towards the top of the page is here http://entertainment.metromix.chicag...l-3270,00.html.

What do you all think of this? It's a well known diner that many celebrities and business executives have dined in!!!!

Let me know what you think!

'03.5 G35 BS Sedan (I love that acronym!)
Hyper-Ground Kit
Lowered!
Bulbs all around!
Splash Guards - Aero
Need Exhaust, Twin Turbo or NOS!

Old 11-21-2003, 08:55 AM

Sounds like a plan. I am working on a count and trying to figure out hotel suggestions. I think both my brothers will be with me.

Old 11-21-2003, 09:39 AM

Sounds good to me too.........mmmmm...bacon.

Old 11-21-2003, 05:13 PM

i'll join in the festivities.

Old 11-24-2003, 09:26 AM

If you want a t-shirt send me a PM.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Miss Maz

Old 12-04-2003, 11:58 PM

Hi all!

Things here are starting to come together. I went to a screen shop today and asked about shirts. Here's what I can do. It's a $22.00 set up for each screen so a front and back screen is $44.00. I can choose any single color for ink and I can get nearly any T-shirt color out there. I have a book of the T-shirts this printer uses and by golly, there's a color that matches nearly every color of G out there! I'm thinking along these lines, use blank ink for the screen print and with the G colors, it will work with every one of them except a black T. If you want a black shirt, there's an ink change fee we'll have to add in. Shirts are $7.50 for S-XL and $1.50 for XXL and $2.50 more for XXXL. The color swatch of these shirts can be seen at this link http://store.yahoo.com/cheapestees-s...lcotheav1.html. I'd go with sport grey for Brilliant Silver, charcoal for Diamond Graphite, Sand for Desert Silver, cedar for Garnet Fire, royal for Twilight Blue, sapphire for Carribean Blue, black for Black Obsidian, white for Ivory Pearl and red for Laser Red. Black ink will work on all these shirt colors except black. I'm still working on trying to get the logo file from Yuichi. He's real busy. I will post it once I get it. For the back screen of the shirt I'm thinking of having text saying Chicago Auto Show 2004 - Accelerating the Future. If anyone wants to come up with other text suggestions for the back, please post or PM me. Ther's a minimum order of 12 shirts for this printer so in total, I'm betting the shirts will be less than $15.00 each! Not bad for a custom job!

LMaz, I'm keeping an Excel spread sheet of the names of people who have posted here saying they'd like to attend. If you're tabbing the shirt orders for me, shoot me a PM as you get them and I'll add that info to my spreadsheet. Also, has anyone posted this event on other G35/350Z forums? I'm thinkiing we need to get the word out to freshalloy, my350z.com, that new Chicago 350Z site, and any others you can think of. If someone cwho goes to those forums regulary could help and maybe copy my post and post it, I would much appreciate it. Unfortunately I'm not planning on doing a 350Z shirt unless there's a big enough interest and someone can actually get me a logo file.

'03.5 G35 Silver Sedan, AT
Hyper-Ground Kit
Lowered!
Bulbs all around!
Splash Guards - Aero Pkg.
Under Dash and Console Custom Lighting!
Sub in the Trunk!

149559-cheapestees-store_1769_1088134.jpg

Old 12-05-2003, 09:04 AM

I'll get a PM to you. This looks really great. Thanks for all of your efforts. I have an emerald mist G. What color should I go with?

Miss Maz

Old 12-05-2003, 11:35 PM

Oh yes, I forgot that one. LMaz has the limited Emerald Green G, a rare yet very astute color for this car. For that I would look at Jade or Pine. You pick LMaz!

'03.5 G35 Silver Sedan, AT
Hyper-Ground Kit
Lowered!
Bulbs all around!
Splash Guards - Aero Pkg.
Under Dash and Console Custom Lighting!
Sub in the Trunk!

Old 12-06-2003, 02:11 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey all,
I'd definitely be interested in meeting up with you guys for the auto show. That is of course if I take delivery of my November ordered (X) G coupe! Weather pending also as I don't want to drive her in the snow with the Pilots. I would be interested in breakfast and also a red T-shirt! I will probably bring my girlfriend along too.

Old 12-06-2003, 03:11 PM

Nice work Chiphead.

I am not keen on chicago auto show on the back. I do not have any suggestions though (typical problem identifier not problem solver).

BTW - what about Desert Platinum???????????

G35 Coupe 5AT, DP, Tire and Wheel Pkg., Aluminum Pedals, Clear Corners, missing turbo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chicago Auto Show